Author Topic: Post here if you have not succumbed to the crossbow fever!  (Read 2577 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
I see everyone on CRPG except for myself being apart of the crossbow fever that has not been balanced yet.  ARE YOU LIKE ME?  DO YOU REFUSE THE URGE TO GET EASY KILLS?  BE LIKE ME AND REFUSE THE CROSSBOW FEVER!!!!

PS.  chadz your game is perfectly balanced.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: Post here if you have not succumbed to the crossbow fever!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:47:03 am »
Easy kills? Crossbow?

haha, what world do you live in?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:51:13 am »
I dont use one and tbh its retarded that the devs didnt see that every1 would just loom the shit out of the normal xbow and the ranged spamfest of prepatch have returned i said so 3 days after the patch came out that they had to make the normal xbow 2 slots...

But trying to reason for sake of balance on this board is like giving out speed tickets in a formula 1 race and it doesnt help that some of the devs use em......

Anyways its just a part of cRPG that every1 carry a xbow as sidearm either get used to it or get one yourself  :?

But yeah its funny they go trough so much trouble with 2 slot system and leave out the normal xbow and thx to that we now have 80 2h/pole/1h users per server shooting out there xbow before the match begins fun fun fun.....

Again u have to wait 2-3 min before goin into the actual combat because if u charge your left behind while your team mates stand behind with their xbow just like pre patch..

EDIT: In before lobbyist will flood the thread...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:58:38 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:53:05 am »
Gaybows FTL!

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:53:51 am »
Sorry bro, I gotta keep up a trend. I started in archery briefly which was nerfed into the ground, later getting better once I'd moved to throwing. Pure throwing treated me well for a good long time until it was nerfed so hard that it's not even possible anymore. I haven't rerolled my main as an xbower yet. I'm still hanging onto throwing, but there is a external force drawing me to it.

Carry on the path. The nerf will follow... it whispers to me in a dark seductive echo.

What horrors await crossbows if I decide to retire again? I can only assume to one up throwing, they will be removed from the game entirely, all players using them will be banned, and we will bleed from our mouths upon trying to log in. After that I'll probably get on a horse, and chadz will show up at all of our doors to personally burn our houses down and rape us.

I'm thinking of throwing on plate and grabbing a two hander to see if it breaks the cycle, or if reality just implodes around cRPG.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:22:40 pm »
What horrors await crossbows if I decide to retire again? [...] chadz will show up at all of our doors to personally burn our houses down and rape us.

Please dont retire! I beg thou!

I am one of the xbow sidearm user and I must say there is not enough power/accuracy/reloading speed in a normal crossbow to seriously unbalance the game, even if EVERYONE were to use it.

I am using it mainly to wound pre-fight, or to let others teammates catch up to me while I shoot and reload.

I can understand that seeing a constant but minimal volley of xbow bolts from a large different number of build can seriously damage the brain of non-ranged people, but they have to know that shooting with a Crossbow with 0 WPF above a distance of 20 feet is more of a luck shot and possibly morale damage to the enemy than really scoring kills.

And if I was to add some WPF to crossbows proficiency, I will be weaker in my main weapon proficiency, 2H, which is the weapon that gets me 98% of my kills... the rest being HS luck shot, or finishing off a wounded opponent with a bolt in the crotch (coz you really cant one shot something above peasant level with a crossbow, I can say that to you).

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 12:27:20 pm »
Please dont retire! I beg thou!

I am one of the xbow sidearm user and I must say there i use the xbow as and easy mode to score some easy kills and i love that i can use it with 0 wpf and still shoot people 10 meters away with a rictule as tight as a virgins vagina thats why EVERYONE use it.

I am using it mainly to wound pre-fight/killsteal, or to let teammates get gangbanged while I shoot and reload.

I can understand that seeing a constant but minimal volley of xbow bolts from a large different number of build can seriously damage the brain of non-ranged people, but they have to know that shooting with a Crossbow with 0 WPF above a distance of 20 feet is more of a luck shot and possibly morale damage to the enemy than really scoring kills.

And if I was to add some WPF to crossbows proficiency, I will be weaker in my main weapon proficiency, 2H, which is the weapon that gets me 98% of my kills... the rest being HS luck shot, or finishing off a wounded opponent with a bolt in the crotch (coz you really cant one shot something above peasant level with a crossbow, I can say that to you).
''

Fixed that for you  :lol:

Btw a reload time of 2 sec aint that big a deal and i still dont know why people keep thinking its okay to be able to use the xbow just because of that lmao...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:44:11 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 12:47:50 pm »
I may not put it exactly like that, but I have to agree. Crossbows are easy as pie, and I'm pretty terrible at anything but throwing. Maybe there's some crossover but I doubt it. I bought one to try it, and at 0 wpf with no related skills, I was shocked. It's such a constant strain to hit things with throwing. It is very very hard. As soon as I whipped out that regular crossbow, I nearly needed new pants seeing how tight the reticule was at 0 wpf.  All my character has points in is powerthrow, throwing, and weapon master. I literally can't afford anything but throwing, yet I was getting headshots with that crossbow. All it really needs is for wpf to actually matter to be balanced, but I can feel the guillotine dangling over xbows already.

I can feel the pull. Only a few mil xp from 30-31 on my current build before I can retire again! Restrain me now and you might yet be spared! Where I go, I leave a maelstrom of nerf in my wake! Ye gods I dare not look back...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:52:25 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 01:52:02 pm »

Fixed that for you  :lol:

Btw a reload time of 2 sec aint that big a deal and i still dont know why people keep thinking its okay to be able to use the xbow just because of that lmao...

I agree with everything you said (except that 2s reloading is only for the hunting xbow: with this you can perhaps kill a peasant in 3 bolts :rolleyes:), but I think the dev put the reticule THAT tight for a reason : reload time and minimal piercing damage for crossbows under 2 slots.
My bolts average use per game must be something like 2/3 bolts PER BATTLE ROUND ! Even if everyone used it as a sidearm in a 50 VS 50 battle it will result in 100 bolts used per team average.
Archers can use all their quiver even if they have 2/3 slots used for arrows if they arent killed rapidly (so something like 30 arrows per player per rounds).

You could argue that it is still possible to KS/wound, but the chance of that to happens is so near 0 (except at 10 meters like you said) that it isnt reasonable to whine about it.

And on the case of "letting teammates get gangbanged", it is a damage done to your own team, thus you cant really say xbows is making them win.
Yet I agree to the fact that some ranged people ( and not only xbow users ) are so cowardly that they prefer to TRY to not hit a teammate with their bow/xbow, instead of unsheating their melee weapon and really help. Xbowing in this case is even more stupid due to the fact that reloading it is so fucking slow that you could be in the melee before doing your second shot.

To conclude, I think nerfing the 0 WPF accuracy of the xbow would be "balanced" only if the damage is greatly buffed, or it will just become like throwing : an inefficient weapon for inexperienced player and/or lover of the style, or efficient only if you go PURE XBOW (which could seriously kick ass but will still have problems using more than 1 or 2 bolts stack per round).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:57:50 pm by Butan »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 02:00:06 pm »
Dont make me fraps a video of me reloading a regular xbow if i remmeber correct its hardly more then 2-3 sec for it to reload.  :rolleyes:

Everything would be fine if hybrid had to live with the hunting xbow or light xbow but they use loomed normal xbows with steel bolts and are able to use it just like people used the sniper xbow pre patch.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:01:23 pm by Tzar »

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »
who the fuck says lets buff the damg...
xbows do way to much damg for no trade off

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 02:08:23 pm »
Bows were nerfed, so the amount of throwers increased. Throwing was beaten horribly and mercilessly to death, and now crossbows are showing an increase in use. People who want a viable ranged option will find one. Better start hosting more melee only servers.

What really surprises me is throwers complaining about other ranged weapons. Rallying to get other ranged weapons nerfed will not make yours better. It will just make all of them equally shit.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 02:09:25 pm »
more than 3 sec for it to reload.  :rolleyes:

Thats more like it.
Thank you for being honest.

Quote from: Native
who the fuck says lets buff the damg...

Me, cant you read?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:12:46 pm by Butan »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 02:11:03 pm »
xbows do way to much damg for no trade off

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 02:30:01 pm »

i know... such a fail
you should ask them to fix it