Author Topic: UNBAN Assington_of_Frisia  (Read 1852 times)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
UNBAN Assington_of_Frisia
« on: March 28, 2016, 01:30:44 am »
I will try to make this unban appeal as cohesive and clear as possible.

Read the short version or the long version if you like.

(to make a long story short, if you like)
(click to show/hide)

To start out, here's the story:

I was just banned today with a total ban time of four days. (http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/(ban)-assington_of_frisia/)

My offense? I was nudging a friendly archer 3 times in a row, each time he reported me. We were standing by the flag as there was only one enemy left (Vinky_Stagina) and Stagina was just goofing off as well. Once we killed Vinky and the round was over, I turned around and did a slash, in which my glancing backswing managed to kill the seemingly blackbarred Aiyasha.
Again, the round was over.

I had been talking lots of shit to Aiyasha as I am very prejudice against archers. This player was obviously upset that I chased him down each round when we were on opposing teams.

Now as to Nightingale's response to the ban thread against me:

Nightingale brought up the subject of someone else he recently banned for TKing and leaving server (May I remind you, this is NOT what I did, I remained in the server after TKing at round's end).

Nightingale says I have 4 recent bans on record (5 now including this one) yet only a month and a half ago (http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-gobblinreich_ss_assington/) I was being banned under the same pretenses (TKing at end of round) and Nightingale reports
Looking at your ban record Assington you have no recent bans and I'll show you some leniency since it was the end of the round. However you need to respect people's choices if they don't want to partake in end of the round team-wounding. Continuing this behavior further may result in harsher repercussions as in the past this was a major issue for you.

So you readers may be wondering, just as I am, how the hell have you gotten 4 bans since then?

Well,
Froyoyo enjoys giving me little 5 minute bans or 30 minute bans when I double spawn on my alts. This has happened... well..? 3 or 4 times? Under the reason "Griefing"

Now back to Nightingale's former statement:

Continuing this behavior further may result in harsher repercussions as in the past this was a major issue for you.

4 days ban time is rather harsh for my first legitimate ban recently (I do not include Froyo's because they were just trifling acts of elementary discipline).

Please review the contradiction going on in your decisions recently.

Signed,
Assington,
One of 14 active cRPG players
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: UNBAN Assington_of_Frisia
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 02:00:42 am »
It's cool how Desire comes and drive by bans people for almost a week or more for minor offences when she doesn't play and locks the thread so no one can argue with it. In a mod with a player base that declines by the day the people who were appointed to cultivate and protect the integrity of our NA community are causing it to crumble into ruin, like the collapse of the roman empire there are many reasons for the death of cRPG- but for me, admins such as this one are a defining factor of the drastic free fall from grace of this once regal group we had.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 02:05:26 am »
If you couldn't understand the above post Desire here is one in terms you might.

X = Admin - Y = You

y*y = Autism
y*x = Egotistic 
total number of irl friends; 0 or imagined
Go Fuck Yourself

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 02:26:56 am »
I don't really give a shit, but the rules state that you should only be teamkilling your friends, this guy clearly wasn't your friend and you killed him, regardless of whether it was the end of the round, you broke the rules and were banned accordingly, I see nothing wrong with the ban made other than the length may be a bit too large based on the fact that the bans before (MIGHT) be small insignificant bans, but this is speculation, I don't actually know if you're telling the truth or not.

In the ban thread, you say he killed your horse and as a result of that, killed him, once again, this is against the rules because after someone breaks the rules on you, you don't break the rules on them. You guys clearly don't like each other, so stay the heck away and don't bother each other.

Me and Guard_SayAttack have already been through the exact same dispute, except he was teamkilling me EVERY round for about 3 matches from a nudge. I never teamkilled him back and eventually he got the message to stop breaking the rules or he'd be gone for a very long time.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 02:29:59 am »
I don't really give a shit, but the rules state that you should only be teamkilling your friends, this guy clearly wasn't your friend and you killed him, regardless of whether it was the end of the round, you broke the rules and were banned accordingly, I see nothing wrong with the ban made other than the length may be a bit too large based on the fact that the bans before (MIGHT) be small insignificant bans, but this is speculation, I don't actually know if you're telling the truth or not.

In the ban thread, you say he killed your horse and as a result of that, killed him, once again, this is against the rules because after someone breaks the rules on you, you don't break the rules on them. You guys clearly don't like each other, so stay the heck away and don't bother each other.

Me and Guard_SayAttack have already been through the exact same dispute, except he was teamkilling me EVERY round for about 3 matches from a nudge. I never teamkilled him back and eventually he got the message to stop breaking the rules or he'd be gone for a very long time.

See in both this instance and the one from February, the TKing was done once the round was over.

I agree, I should be punished, but 4 days for my first serious offense in a while is absolutely absurd.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 03:26:13 am »
 i will vouch for u wendell
u are a good man with a very big heart
u would never hurt a fly on purpose dude ur my best bud we ride together we die together

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:37:01 am »
i will vouch for u wendell
u are a good man with a very big heart
u would never hurt a fly on purpose dude ur my best bud we ride together we die together

now u gon be wit me 4 the last ride

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 06:17:13 am »
Already responded to your PM' will check with Froyo about his bans.

@Badplayer, I know you clearly dislike me for whatever reason but I am an active player in the mod and I didn't just drive by ban anyone I locked the topic because I knew I wouldn't be back for quite some time knowing full and well that a new thread can be created by anyone with more than one brain cell if they seriously wanted to argue or appeal it.  As if locking a ban thread has ever been a restricting factor to disputing bans lmao.

You and I are pretty much equal then in regards to making each other not want to play; You are an egotistical asshole that thinks they are good at the game, so good in fact that you believe that your K/d is justifiable evidence that you should be an item balancer lol. You also believe other people care what you have to say. Get over yourself. Your opinion is not worth any more than any other person that plays this game and thinking otherwise actually makes it less so. So instead of trying to stir up stuff like a middle schooler take your own advice and go fuck yourself.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 07:11:02 am »
So instead of trying to stir up stuff like a middle schooler take your own advice and go fuck yourself.

LMAO ARE U GONNA LET THIS FUCKING DRONGO TREAT U LIKE THAT

Offline Dynamics_BRD

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridge Burners
  • Game nicks: Dynamics_BRD
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 09:13:28 am »

You also believe other people care what you have to say. Get over yourself. Your opinion is not worth any more than any other person that plays this game and thinking otherwise actually makes it less so. So instead of trying to stir up stuff like a middle schooler take your own advice and go fuck yourself.

For a guy whose opinion doesn't matter you seem to care a tad too much.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 05:34:47 pm »
For a guy whose opinion doesn't matter you seem to care a tad too much.

I stated that his opinions matter no more than anyone else's; I didn't I say his opinion doesn't matter. His elitist attitude irks me to no end. He should try presenting his opinions in a respectable manner.