Author Topic: VERY IMPORTANT: Item Bug Report  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
VERY IMPORTANT: Item Bug Report
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:27:53 am »
+11
It has come to my attention that the Heraldic Transitonal Armor +3 has been at a +4 armor bonus value rather than +5 for a very long time.
As all other versions of Heraldic Transitional Armor at +3 give a +5 armor bonus (literally all of them), I see no reason for the Heraldic Transitional Armor to be any different.
I've made this report numerous times over my year back to cRPG, all of which have gone largely ignored. Even so, new items (of poor quality and balancing) continue to be added, as a sort of "feel-good" "band-aid" approach to appeasing the community.

My suggestion: Stop adding more low-quality, poorly thought-out armors to clutter up the shop while there are still any items bugged from what their true stats should be. Fix what we have before adding anything more, basically.

If you're willing to put in the effort to add brand new items, why aren't you willing to fix the ones that always existed? Personally, I would've preferred to see items that already existed fixed. Ritterbruder Armor is another great example of an armor that is a literal downgrade from other armors in its weight class, which I have also reported before.
I decided to make the font size large and colorful so it would be IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE (yes, anyone, even you. you know who you fucking are, reading this shit, lazy fucker.) to miss it.

Thx and God bless.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Item Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 02:43:40 am »
+6
It's not a bug but an intended feature of previous balancers.

Quote from: Tydeus
gotta roleplay that bling

Exquisite materials such as gold decoration or colorful banners have been addressed with increased upkeep or inferior stats compared to the non-shiny items. For example, compare Rus Scale Armor and Gilded Rus Scale Armor. The Barded Warhorse and the Heraldic Barded Warhorse used to have identical stats too, with the exception of higher upkeep for the latter. Looks like someone has changed that a while ago. This shiny/non-shiny reasoning hasn't always been applied very consistently, though.

Increased upkeep may be justifiable, inferior stats are a bit over the top. Will look into it, potentially even before Dec2010.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:44:54 am »
It's not a bug but an intended feature of previous balancers.

Exquisite materials such as gold decoration or colorful banners have been addressed with increased upkeep or inferior stats compared to the non-shiny items. For example, compare Rus Scale Armor and Gilded Rus Scale Armor. The Barded Warhorse and the Heraldic Barded Warhorse used to have identical stats too, with the exception of higher upkeep for the latter. Looks like someone has changed that a while ago. This shiny/non-shiny reasoning hasn't always been applied very consistently, though.

Increased upkeep may be justifiable, inferior stats are a bit over the top. Will look into it, potentially even before Dec2010.

The armor Rando is talking about isnt a "shiny" armor. Its literally just the heavy heraldic armor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:47:50 am »
+1
Gotta pay for that heraldy, m8
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:48:11 am »
+4
The armor Rando is talking about isnt a "shiny" armor. Its literally just the heavy heraldic armor.

Yeah, do I look like a guy who agrees with what previous balancers did? :oops:

Edit: Disclaimer - Some of the stuff makes sense, Heraldic Transitional heirloom bonus is one of the things which doesn't
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:09:31 pm »
+3
Since it's all about ingame balance, higher upkeep is always the better method than inferior stats.

Edit: I looked through some other items and found this. Mongolian Guard Boots and Iron Greaves, exactly the same stats and price, but Iron Greaves gives +5 at rank 3 and the Mongolian Guard Boots only +4 and that's racist.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:14:23 pm by Heibai »
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 09:46:30 am »
+1
hey
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 09:51:02 am »
+2
ho
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »
+3
lets go

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 05:45:45 pm »
Also plz fix Swedish sword, it is 7 length shorter than Lombardic but every other stat is the same (also weights 0.1 more)

2h warhammer is 3.8kg with 35 blunt meanwhile 1h barmace is 4.1 kg with 35 blunt, I think 2h warhammer either has to lose the unbalanced perk or get more weight, around 4.5-5 imo.