Author Topic: Return of the Squids  (Read 21566 times)

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Squids
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2016, 06:16:57 am »
+2
The most draining part of Strategus in the past few years is just recruiting enough mercs for your battle, it's so annoying.

There should be a thread where Independents will sign up to whichever side needs the mercs more for a battle, to try keep strategus moving on in it's dead zombie like state.

Offline Donkey guy

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2016, 06:41:09 am »
Don't act like you've never done it before, f aggot

Anywho, I think it's a shame to see the GOBBLIN faction go, but I can understand why you guys are leaving. It's draining to play a game that has literally zero support from the developers. The game will have lost a lot of its energy with the loss of its currently most active clan.

Hope melee:battlegrounds is worth it.

lmao

You're right, I have cringed at your posts before
Donkey

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2016, 06:51:09 am »
You're right, I have cringed at your posts before

no IM cringing at YOUR post
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2016, 08:10:05 am »
+1
All of NA should unite and invade EU.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2016, 08:47:26 am »
This will result in another interregnum of trading bullshittery until two or more decently prepared factions can start wrassling for fiefs again.

We'll fight.  Might be a little more interesting now that the map isn't divided in half.  Just a heads up though- when rosters are like 10 vs 10, don't attack with 1000 shiny men.  Keep it as small as you can.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »
+1
Accountant

Department head at a factory, but I feel like an accountant some days.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2016, 12:51:06 pm »
+3
what the fuck is this

yall walked in and took our villages then ran away

and got pissy when we took them back and now youre quitting

what the fuck, we had gear and ticks ready

if youre complaining about the battles then just fucking start a field battle with a decent 1000 tick army if youre impatient

better yet you coulda stacked your ticks/gear and gone for a sweet siege on weyyah or whateveru

instead you just fucking take over villages we pulled gear and ticks from so we can have a decent army and garrison where it matters (like any of our castles)

and you guys are acting like we aint done shit but when we finally muster the gear/ticks to take on a decent gobblin campaign w/ 4-5 war parties you bail on us

i mean im sorry we didnt fucking stroll right into your green lap with shitty gear/few ticks for the sheer purpose of your convenience

i mean godamn if you really are all about providing strat with good battles then fucking follow through with a campaign if you take the initiative to start a war with a faction that can provide you with them

if you were gonna burn out eventually (which was to be expected, honestly) then at least have one decent string of battles so youre not a complete fuckin hypocrite

but i guess the sI love you the limit when you dont give a shit anymore

ugh

your a fucking moron and I think your literally too autistic to understand the real reason we are quitting. plus I am not gonna sit here and take shit from the faction that has essentially only had a campaign against AI rofl. even when someone threw the bird right in your face (get it), by taking your claimed city, you guys just pussy footed around. we. don't. want. to. play. the. game. servers are laggy, website is laggy, forums and website go down every day, getting mercs is a struggle because this is a bad dead gay game, STRAT requires too much work 4 2 little pay off. your a moron if you look at people quitting and think anything other than "well that's understandable, this turd games just about sunk."

youve showed up at 5 AM to the party and your shouting at people leaving the party "WHAT I JUST GOT HERE OMG" like a dumb asshole

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:21 pm »
getting mercs is a struggle

The merc struggle is that bad in NA?
At least in EU side, as long as you're publically either UIF or anti-UIF, you have the automatic support of 50% of the total playerbase :mrgreen:

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2016, 03:34:40 pm »
The merc struggle is that bad in NA?
At least in EU side, as long as you're publically either UIF or anti-UIF, you have the automatic support of 50% of the total playerbase :mrgreen:

NA only really has about 60 truly active players and maybe about 80 max for a strat battle, and only after pulling major hairs.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2016, 05:10:42 pm »
+3
Gobblins lost a 1000 man army against a 500 man village last night because only half the mercs showed up- for both sides, but this still wound up being more than a 2 to 1 advantage for HoC. Yeah, the NA merc situation is that bad when the best we can field for a battle before midnight on the East coast are rosters of 19v31 where only 8v17 show up. Also at least one of those was EU, though I guess, as an edit, I got the time wrong and it wasn't until 12:50am EST, so it's really only central/mountain/west players I'd expect to show reliably on a Thursday.

Strat started out pretty strong, I mean, I felt lonely defending many AI fiefs and I didn't understand why we- the entire NA community- were so quick to basically GIVE AWAY castles and cities that weren't Dhirim, but there were still more people playing a few months ago than there are now. I guess they've been purged after like three shitty nights where either taleworlds was down or the cRPG site was down.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:18:04 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »
+1
Daruvian, come attack Shariz, since HOC has no balls.  We can 1v1 ft3000.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »
+1
Daruvian, come attack Shariz, since HOC has no balls.  We can 1v1 ft3000.

You know the worst thing they could do to you is just leave you there in Shariz all strat.  You do no battles of your own, sitting in an incredibly bad set-up fief production points-wise, just bitching because no one will attack you while you attack no one.  Having to buy your own goods until you run out of money as your 50% tax rate steers everyone away.

I mean why should anyone attack Shariz when you mass benefited from the dupe bug when taking it and probably have amazing gear from selling it and re-buying better gear?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2016, 05:46:14 pm »
You know the worst thing they could do to you is just leave you there in Shariz all strat.  You do no battles of your own, sitting in an incredibly bad set-up fief production points-wise, just bitching because no one will attack you while you attack no one.  Having to buy your own goods until you run out of money as your 50% tax rate steers everyone away.

I mean why should anyone attack Shariz when you mass benefited from the dupe bug when taking it and probably have amazing gear from selling it and re-buying better gear?

I have just as much duped gear in Shariz as anyone who has taken a city.  That means I am literally on equal footing to anyone who has a city.  How did I mass benefit?

You do understand that the dupe bug has effected all successful attacks on fiefs for this entire Strat, meaning ones where attackers won, right?  I actually came out very behind in terms of what I lost to to Jammayed Castle when Taleworlds went down.

▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2016, 05:49:30 pm »
I have just as much duped gear in Shariz as anyone who has taken a city.  That means I am literally on equal footing to anyone who has a city.  How did I mass benefit?

You took a city with probably the least resistance, therefore the least amount of defender gear was used against you. Hence, you looted more.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2016, 06:00:11 pm »
+3
We'll fight.  Might be a little more interesting now that the map isn't divided in half.  Just a heads up though- when rosters are like 10 vs 10, don't attack with 1000 shiny men.  Keep it as small as you can.

"he's attacking a 100 man army with 1000!" "the fool. He'll lose!"

strat/10