Author Topic: Pandor's repentance.  (Read 45810 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: Pandor's repentance.
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2016, 08:13:55 pm »
Mr 1000 keys multiaccounting scumbag Harpag trying to insult someone. Oh boy  :oops: :oops: :oops:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2016, 08:15:22 pm »
I think this person should write and essay on , why its dumb and pointless to attempt to win the love of the forum idiots by making stupid jokes that adress Pandor being russian in a way, even if it was sarcasm or because its popular and trending on this forum , and by doing so even adding more insult to injury to a player that already got banned.

Not sure what you mean - Pandor's initial response was a joke. So I responded with the same conviction he was addressing the admin team with. I don't know when or how you came to think I care about my perceived popularity on some game forum. He is wasting the entire admin team's time with his creation of this thread. Therefore, I have no respect for his time either.

And when shit starts also because of his actions, then simply vanishes and not take responsibility for his actions. I dunno since we havent heard of him we can only assume, or is this simply something we can keep expecting and take for granted in these situations?
Im not taunting, im simply curious why all this sudden he left the scene and let other admins clean up behind him.

Soon after giving Pandor the warning and ban I opened a poll in admin forum to address the issue there rather than here. So I'd like to know what "responsibilities" that you think I'm avoiding that I'm "obligated" to do? You can with 100% certainty expect me to continue to behave the same way I've always behaved.

Admin Nightingale, from start was ontop of the whole ban thing on Pandor with devotion. ... even tho he has been Admin in ?-2013-2014 till november and got re-assgined on ?date? , but totally missed all those other cheat distribution threads, screenshots, video's?

The reason for my immediate action regarding Pandor is not unwarranted; He posted access to cheating. Multiple admins were already discussing tag team banning him (Bronto NA and Tamra EU) and Uther had already verbally warned Pandor? Twice? No, I have not missed the other threads with screenshots and other videos. The primary difference is they did not give access to the cheating material for everyone to use and publically flaunt it on the forums as if to be advertising.

I'm not sure exactly when I decided to "officially" resigned but I should probably edit that out since I'm clearly still here. Just haven't been bothered enough to change it really.

Or am i wrong to question this and ask for clearance? I believe that everything that has some kind of status also has some sort of power,  and history tells us that power will always corrupt... unless we question it and are allowed to.  If it can no longer be questioned... then we wil get some scary situatons, like dictators etc..

Implying that I'm corrupted by my "internet power" is laughable but even still. I suppose you take your reputation on this game more seriously than I do so I can see why you feel compelled to question admin actions. Especially since in the past have cheated in this very same way.

Yesterday I bumped the conversation in admin forums as no specific ban duration has been decided. Though Permanent forum mute was pretty unanimous.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:19:37 pm by Nightingale »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2016, 08:25:04 pm »
Are you prefer stfu?

Yeah, I'd prefer you stfu
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2016, 09:24:34 pm »
+4
If I ever want to suffer from cancer I will read in this thread again.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2016, 09:28:15 pm »
+1
Hey brave Croatians ! You need barrel of ice water after posting.

Be like real hero and do the same 2 times in the row !

BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2016, 09:46:39 pm »
+3
No, I have not missed the other threads with screenshots and other videos. The primary difference is they did not give access to the cheating material for everyone to use and publically flaunt it on the forums as if to be advertising.

Actually they did give access to the cheating metarial.  Only difference is that Dupre edited the posts so there are no links anymore.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2016, 11:05:50 pm »
+2
The reason for my immediate action regarding Pandor is not unwarranted; He posted access to cheating. Multiple admins were already discussing tag team banning him (Bronto NA and Tamra EU) and Uther had already verbally warned Pandor? Twice? No, I have not missed the other threads with screenshots and other videos. The primary difference is they did not give access to the cheating material for everyone to use and publically flaunt it on the forums as if to be advertising.

(click to show/hide)
Thanks for your response, but its only half a a response to the question i gave you. sure video and screenshots. np i can understand. But you're completely ignoring the Cheat Threads i asked you about, were they DID distribute them.
So ill post them again, but they are edited and links removed, since we brought them up.

blah blah blah
why try hard and fix game to make it better if it is easier ban Russian cheater so it will calm dawn morons from forum and ensure their love

just quick search

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/my-hacks-%28fun-color-editing%29/msg941243/?topicseen#msg941243

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/h0w-to-b3-g00d-w1th-free-downl0ad/msg1052122/?topicseen#msg1052122

Realy, there's more of these posts, that fall well into your timeline of being admin.

Not sure what you mean - Pandor's initial response was a joke. So I responded with the same conviction he was addressing the admin team with. I don't know when or how you came to think I care about my perceived popularity on some game forum. He is wasting the entire admin team's time with his creation of this thread. Therefore, I have no respect for his time either.

Did Pandor in his "essay" adress any nationalities? No.  By wich reason  did you bring up his in a way ?

Implying that I'm corrupted by my "internet power" is laughable but even still. I suppose you take your reputation on this game more seriously than I do so I can see why you feel compelled to question admin actions. Especially since in the past have cheated in this very same way.

Yesterday I bumped the conversation in admin forums as no specific ban duration has been decided. Though Permanent forum mute was pretty unanimous.

Please do point out where i imply that you specifically are corrupted.
In the past cheated? the very same way? Please show me where i'm shooting green arrows boxes, like the one Pandor had.
And what has reputation to do with questioning people, you mean you need to have some sort of reputation or status to be allowed to do this? Im not only questioning admins, i questioned alot of players in this thread too, even friends.
What exactly makes you think, that i think i even have some sort of reputation and take this seriously?
But please, do tell me Nightingale. What is my reputation on this game, wich you say i have?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:09:10 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2016, 01:37:50 am »
+1
Yesterday I bumped the conversation in admin forums as no specific ban duration has been decided. Though Permanent forum mute was pretty unanimous. [/color]

It may sound like its not that bad, but after a week u still undecided on duration. It could take day, month or u just unban him after mele release.

Questioning admins judgement is good, if judgment is bad, we don't live in North Korea or Saudi Arabia so i guess it should be possible! Don't u agree Nightingale?
And having admins that openly hate and express they hate for other nations probably a bad idea. People like this should be regular players with occasional bans like Panos gets all the time.
And don't feed us that common sense crap, it just means u can do what u want and justify with this.

A little research on youtube and found a lot more cheaters, without bushes or leaves etc. They play this game and feel just great, and guess what they not in UIF.

If this in a grey area and u don't know how to act u should have given clear warning instead of perma ban. Remove his thread or make him remove link - which he did! Then make proper rule set. Its not difficult, if u lack logic i can help u with rules!  U don't even need to include all list of whats bannable from modifications, u can simple provide the list of what is not bannable.

If we have this situation right now with Pindor, it means u've done a bad job over the year by not making proper rules, since this cheats showed up on this forums in the past. U could have working something out back then.
And it doesn't matter if u can find out how many ppl cheat, because some will always fuck up and post it on forum or utube and at list u can ban those and put fear into others.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #263 on: March 21, 2016, 02:15:00 am »
+2
Probably Dupre missed it but the link still exists. Perhaps edit it out too.

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/h0w-to-b3-g00d-w1th-free-downl0ad/
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:22 am »
Actually they did give access to the cheating metarial.  Only difference is that Dupre edited the posts so there are no links anymore.

Hes only talking about the threads with video's and screenshots. Hes has not adressed provided threads with links to cheat downloads.

Admin Nightingale, from start was ontop of the whole ban thing on Pandor with devotion. ... even tho he has been Admin in ?-2013-2014 till november and got re-assgined on ?date? , but totally missed all those other cheat distribution threads, screenshots, video's?

No, I have not missed the other threads with screenshots and other videos. The primary difference is they did not give access to the cheating material.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:15:14 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2016, 04:27:42 am »
+1
Thanks for your response, but its only half a a response to the question i gave you. sure video and screenshots. np i can understand. But you're completely ignoring the Cheat Threads i asked you about, were they DID distribute them.
So ill post them again, but they are edited and links removed, since we brought them up.

I'll have dupre remove the link later; I don't particularly recall L1fe's thread which is convenient for me I suppose. I did -1 it a long time ago so I did see it but probably much after it was posted. I do also believe there was an admin discussion regarding L1fe's thread; so I would have had no reason to post.

Did Pandor in his "essay" adress any nationalities? No.  By wich reason  did you bring up his in a way ?

I did not bring up his nationality. You are mistaking me with someone else. His nationality was never an issue?

In the past cheated? the very same way? Please show me where i'm shooting green arrows boxes, like the one Pandor had.

I specifically recall you having rainbow arrows I'm not going to be bothered to go find the thread.

And what has reputation to do with questioning people, you mean you need to have some sort of reputation or status to be allowed to do this? Im not only questioning admins, i questioned alot of players in this thread too, even friends.
What exactly makes you think, that i think i even have some sort of reputation and take this seriously?

Perhaps you don't care and I'm completely wrong. I do however, personally think you are more deeply invested in this situation than you'd like to bring to light. In part due to your history of using the same kind of texture cheating. If you've moved on and stopped cheating then good for you +1; if not don't flaunt it on the forums. You can say what you want about this particular situation; but it comes down to how he behaved, what he did, and his blatant disregard of the warnings by other admins and general consensus.

It may sound like its not that bad, but after a week u still undecided on duration. It could take day, month or u just unban him after mele release.

It isn't bad at all; giving the most time for the most amount of admins to give an opinion on it as possible; the duration of the ban has not yet been decided but needless to say the ban time will be determined by the initial ban date. Meaning he has already begun the ban duration despite no decision on specific timeline.

Questioning admins judgement is good, if judgment is bad, we don't live in North Korea or Saudi Arabia so i guess it should be possible! Don't u agree Nightingale?

If I didn't agree with this I wouldn't even care to reply to you as your voice would literally mean nothing.

And having admins that openly hate and express they hate for other nations probably a bad idea. People like this should be regular players with occasional bans like Panos gets all the time.

Again; same as Jambi you have me confused with someone else, I never once in the entirety of my existence in this community spoke ill of any specific nationality or race of people. If I treat you poorly it's because you are treating me poorly and don't deserve my respect.

And don't feed us that common sense crap, it just means u can do what u want and justify with this.

Tbvh it is as simple as common sense I'm truly sorry if you can't comprehend the amount of idiocy it would take to continue to flaunt his stuff all over the forums after so many warnings, so many threats of ban. He continued to do it. Why should we treat him with any level of respect? Also, don't give me any of that bullshit where you point fingers and decide I'm Anti-Russian because I've banned a member of Druzhina.

A little research on youtube and found a lot more cheaters, without bushes or leaves etc. They play this game and feel just great, and guess what they not in UIF.

Again, I don't care as it is not on forums.

If this in a grey area and u don't know how to act u should have given clear warning instead of perma ban. Remove his thread or make him remove link - which he did!

I'm not one to normally throw people under the bus, I don't mind steaming piles of bullshit being thrown at me in every direction, but this time, I can't even say I was the one to ban Pandor; After he complied and removed his link. I opened the thread in the admin forum to come to a decision there; Dupre is the one that globally banned him while we make our decision. I'll give you the facts; I gave him a very clear verbal warning and stated my opinion regarding his should be access to our forums. He did comply and remove his link which was the end of my involvement outside of the private admin forum discussion. Until the beginning of this thread and now since it was brought to my attention people were directing responses towards me.

If we have this situation right now with Pindor, it means u've done a bad job over the year by not making proper rules, since this cheats showed up on this forums in the past. U could have working something out back then.
And it doesn't matter if u can find out how many ppl cheat, because some will always fuck up and post it on forum or utube and at list u can ban those and put fear into others.

Again, I've only verbally warned pandor and prompted admin discussion privately, If you think that is a "bad job" then I will gladly accept that I'm a bad admin. Whatever we can do to minimize people gaining undeserved advantages; should be done. A further note on creating a new rule was brought up in the admin discussion. However, I personally believe the rules already cover this type of thing.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:06:54 am by Nightingale »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2016, 05:33:20 am »
+2
Nightingale, only first part of message was to u. The rest for all.
Admin with anti russian hate speeches is BlackBow.

The bad job part is: that if all this situation with Pandor is so horrible to you that u begun whole this process, then why there was no actions taken in the past to others. Also u said its unfair to use advantages and it was covered in rules in the past, sorry didn't find colored weapons in rules and yes i agree unfair. And even if u don't share them its still unfair - so they should have all been banned. Then if this would be in rules Pandor should have been banned along with all others posting screens on forum. Then it would be fair.
And the guy who even shared them on forum, and u said u -1 him. Sorry again but difference between -1 and ban for a week that keeps going is a bit too big. So why should we believe that u judge both of this equal situations in the same way, if one isn't punished and the other one is? Did u see how many -1s that guy had???? Even more then pandor.
Its the same as giving one guy warning for murder and another one u just hang for the same thing.

Bad job is that u knew about all this issues and never made ur stance clear on them, never pointed out line that shouldn't be crossed. This given pandor chance to use it and think its normal, and even share it like it was done before. Yes its stupid, but not bannable, or if bannable then everyone should have been banned!

Also, i can understand that mod is not as popular anymore and less ppl playing, and admins grow lazy and don't want to improve things, rules, management. Then why ban pandor? So much effort, internal discussions. When u always ignored such issues in the past. Why bother?

Looking at all of this i'm 99% sure its because of personal opinion of 1 or more admins that he got banned. And its based on feelings towards Pindor, Class, Clan or nationality. Could be any of this, but since not many ppl communicate with pindor i would say any of the last 3. However since no archer who provided screenshoots of coloured arrows got banned in the past, probably its last 2. But after well spent time with BlackBow on eu1, when he eventually explains to me why he hates all russians and tells me that we should be kicked from eu servers and make our own - i don't even know what to pick: clan or nationality.

All i'm asking for is equal treatment and clear rules. Rules i assume are in the making but equal treatment no.

when UIF looks at you

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 21, 2016, 05:57:50 am »

My apologies for thinking you were referring to me as against certain nationalities

Personal opinion is a big part of every decision; it is my opinion that this is okay. So long as there are others freely giving their opinions as well. You may think I acted on a random whim but really my actions were to minimize the spread of his texture.

Every single person has biases that is an unfortunate fact of human behavior. While that doesn't make Blackbow's anti-Russian speeches okay but I'm also not sure how you want me to proceed regarding that either as that isn't my decision to make and I know nothing of the issue there.

To keep my explanation short; I've done what I would have always done. Warn for link ask to remove then open admin discussion which has happened in the past. Other threads with distribution received the same treatment from me; Had I been the first to see them I would've responded the same. I have no proof for this so you'll have to take my word for it. This time is only different in that before admins have reached their decision the ban was preemptively applied. Which can be interpreted as mal-practice or completely justified; that line is drawn in different places by different people. I again do not like throwing people under the bus but dupre could have waited for admins to finish their discussion.

It is my opinion the preemptive ban is of minimal importance. What is important is the final decision regarding this issue. Which has yet to be concluded.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 21, 2016, 05:58:45 am »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #269 on: March 21, 2016, 09:22:13 am »
Do you have examples of Blackbow's racism towards russians?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.