Author Topic: Diplomacy Forum  (Read 1009 times)

Offline sLaughterino

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
  • Much ado about nothing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Marshal_sLaughter
Diplomacy Forum
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:07:10 pm »
+3
I'm pretty new here so bear that in mind when reading this itty bitty rant.  This is just my observation from being here for a lil bit.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

You guys are the biggest babies I've ever met.

Someone on your side of the dickslapping contest spits out some incoherent babbling while smearing feces on his face like warpaint.  +1 that shit, nigga.

Anyone who fights against you does the same?  REPORT THAT SHIT AND FUCK HIS SISTER.

It's just a big pissbaby shit-fight, like gay chimpanzees.  No respect, no chilling.  Relax, niggas.  It's a game.  It's fun to talk shit but you guys just piss and moan and backstab trying to win the pixel war.

Shameful dispray
sLaughter the Desert Fox, Marshal of the Armée du Sud, Hand of the King, and Margrave of the Redlands

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Diplomacy Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 07:16:43 pm »
+4
To this day I'm trying to determine if the shitposting is ironic or not...and if so, to what degree.

My current theory is that it goes something like this:

"I'm playing this game..hundreds or thousands of hours... so that implies I care about it.  But it's just a game, and I'm too cool to care about it irl (or want people to think so, in the least).  Therefore, I'll put up a rancid collection of caustic words designed to cut into my virtual enemies, because I don't care.  And it's funny."

It's a fascinating study.

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:39:34 pm »
+7
I didn't realize people were legitimately mad during these diplomacy threads, I sorta thought we were all in an inside-joke that involved massed shitposting and stuff. Nothing anyone has ever said on these forims has been particularly rage-inducing (although please feel free to prove me wrong, I love good reads).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 07:43:12 pm »
+10
I didn't realize people were legitimately mad during these diplomacy threads, I sorta thought we were all in an inside-joke that involved massed shitposting and stuff. Nothing anyone has ever said on these forims has been particularly rage-inducing (although please feel free to prove me wrong, I love good reads).

Everyone has different perspectives and it is all good. The tryhards get their reason to care, trolls can troll and for the casuals it is a beautiful theatre of drama.

Strategus is way more fun on the forums than actually playing in a battle.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 08:15:20 pm »
+1

This should be the new premise of Melee: Battlegrounds, just forum wars.

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 08:23:24 pm »
Cum at me bro
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:52:49 pm »
+10
The diplomacy forums - sweet nerd rage drama available at your fingertips, even during work hours!

Not gonna lie but in so many battles I'm in I think to myself "Damn, if we pull a win out of our asses here this will make for one hell of a shitpost." That's all the encouragement you should ever need.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 09:52:42 pm »
I'm pretty new here so bear that in mind when reading this itty bitty rant.  This is just my observation from being here for a lil bit.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

You guys are the biggest babies I've ever met.

Someone on your side of the dickslapping contest spits out some incoherent babbling while smearing feces on his face like warpaint.  +1 that shit, nigga.

Anyone who fights against you does the same?  REPORT THAT SHIT AND FUCK HIS SISTER.

It's just a big pissbaby shit-fight, like gay chimpanzees.  No respect, no chilling.  Relax, niggas.  It's a game.  It's fun to talk shit but you guys just piss and moan and backstab trying to win the pixel war.

Shameful dispray
do you even know what a paragraph is? this is almost as hard to reach as plumbos horseshit
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 10:36:34 pm »
Usually the shit-posting is similar, but geared much more towards making fun of cRPG skill, performance in battles, performance on the strat map, etc.

Since no real significant faction v faction battle (talking 1k+ each side, armed at least) has taken place and over activity is down, shit-talking takes the form of personal insults and haranguing about past events.

You see, some of us have been shitposting on this forum for years. Some haven't, but have a deep intrinsic desire to shitpost. We find it very difficult to completely refrain from shitposting, even if nothing worthy of shitposting has really been done, resulting in lackluster shitposting. You know, outside of the OPs of certain threads.

The shitposting will improve in relevancy and quality both when people actually DO shit.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 10:54:06 pm »
+1
To this day I'm trying to determine if the shitposting is ironic or not...and if so, to what degree.

Good. That is the intention.