Author Topic: Social Expirement  (Read 646 times)

Offline Horns

• Count
  • Renown: 207
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I am that horns guy.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Horns
Social Expirement
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »
+2
Intro
I want everyone here to do something for me. Every time they are getting shat on by ranged (or shitting on others while ranged). When you are getting dookied on (or distributing dookie) look at the situation and answer these questions:

Qeustions:

(click to show/hide)

I know this is a lot to remember and write down but I have reasons for needing the info from every question (which can be explained if you want).

Reason for this Experiment
From my experience before and after this patch it was never about the builds of range players but the team balance of specific classes. Team balance prioritizes (I think) in this way: Banner>Score>Chemical X (some of these rules are broken if given a specific situation ex. a player on a banner stack is doing amazingly well while the other team is getting snubbed). I have no idea what chemical X is (it may not even exist) but I am a assuming there is more to team balance than banner and score. With the current balance system, a person's class is most likely not taken into calculation when team balance occurs. Using this data I want to try and come up with new logic behind team balancing which I will put in my suggestions thread for presentation. Something along these lines: (Class and Banner) > Score > Chemical X.

The goal is to have range/cav/melee (just to start) all split equally across teams based on their banner. So if one team has a lot of ranged on the same banner all other archers not on that banner should be moved to the opposite team. This would maintain a distribution of classes on both teams while keeping banner balance an equal priority.

Banners should have equal priority to classes because: 1. it is a large part of community building 2. Team work is still a thing on most banner stacks 3. A shitload of people would rage if Class>Banner. If there is an extremely unlikely situation where a majority of ranged on the server is also on the same banner there would need to be a distinction between which holds more weight banner or class. This problem is too big to address without knowing what the data will tell us.

There are a lot more factors at play than the questions provided (like the balance that is currently happening will effect some of these questions) but the ones given should be enough to start getting data. Of course if the data shows that it's not an imbalance of range players then team balance is not a ruling factor in range overpowering servers. (but I have personal experiences that would refute this most of the time)

If anybody has more input on how to make this experiment better let a brother know. I don't play as much as most of you and there might be more to consider than what I have posted here. If you came here to bitch and whine about ranged being OP or ranged being UP go to another thread. There's like 10 of them.

Thanks for the help people!

All the best,
That Horns Guy

TL;DR
Only read the intro and answer the questions.

Glossary of Terms
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:50:25 pm by Toltec »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Social Expirement
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:52:43 pm »
Have also been thinking this (again, the suggestion makes the rounds every so often) lately. Would be nice if, considering the incredible potential variance of builds, gear sets, playstyles, the balance formula was able to sort it out so that one team didn't get 8 ranged and the other only two, or so that one team doesn't get all the high STR plate 2hands, or all the cav and so on.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 09:57:38 pm »
1. Are you the poo giver (a ranged player on the predominantly ranged team) or the poo receiver (a player opposite of the predominantly ranged team)? (just write "giver" or "receiver")
Receiver.
2. What is the approximate population of the server? (round to a multiple of 5 So 47 = 45)
3. When did the doodoo massacre occur? (please include timezones)
21:50 (GMT +1 I think - Netherlands - )
4. How many ranged players are on your team?
approximately 8
5. How many ranged players are on their team?
Approximately 15
6*. How many of the ranged players are on the same banner? (this would mean banner balance throws most ranged players on the same team)
DRZ, around 7-12-20? idk. Alot. the screen is red of 'em.
7*. What kind of map is it? (range friendly like the "frozen lake with a boat in it" map (actual title) or unfriendly like "swadian city" map or that tiny "ATS village" map)
the whole EU1 rotation (but desert and some other open maps)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:45:42 am »
+1
I'm the poo giver.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 05:09:26 pm »
+1
It's just a prank!
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.