Author Topic: Why so many 0 slots?  (Read 9355 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: Why so many 0 slots?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2016, 03:44:26 pm »
+1
on topic, i think some weapons such as yanmaodao, grosses messer and the 0 slot maces are too strong to be 0 slots
same for one handed axe and the higher tier short swords
can ask balancers about their evaluation and address the issue when raylin's balance experiment is done

edit: same for coltellaccio and fighting pick imo
edit2: inb4 personal involvement bias; using some of these weapons myself as thrower/archer/xbow/hoplite sidearms
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:48:26 pm by Rico »
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2016, 04:20:53 pm »
+2
on topic, i think some weapons such as yanmaodao, grosses messer and the 0 slot maces are too strong to be 0 slots
same for one handed axe and the higher tier short swords
can ask balancers about their evaluation and address the issue when raylin's balance experiment is done

edit: same for coltellaccio and fighting pick imo
edit2: inb4 personal involvement bias; using some of these weapons myself as thrower/archer/xbow/hoplite sidearms

I have to disagree. When most of the 0slots past handaxe got introduced they already got a nerf for being 0 slot. Before that they followed the usual balance progression where they had overall weaker stats but were not completely outclassed by higher tier items. Especially for the 0slot maces, this balance progression does not apply anymore ever since the 0slot overhaul. Just take a look here:

(click to show/hide)

The current archers favorite spiked mace is completely outclassed by the iberian mace, which has +1 speed on top of the +2 blunt, while having the same or negligable better stats in all the other categories. Even when compared to the hard hitting iron mace which has +3 blunt and 0.7 more weight, they both share a speedrating of 97. The same principle holds true for the flanged mace compared to the winged mace etc.

About the grosses messer i am not so sure as well as in general I feel weapon reach is one of the most important weapon stats these days when people can S-key with at speed of light. I just dont see any need to nerf the melee capabilities of ranged classes on top of all the existing restrictions we already have when the main complaint always was about the ranged capabilities of ranged classes. Melee fighting is a skill based afterall and if you die against a subpar build, the enemy was simply better then you. No reason to nerf all the peoples inconvenience away again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2016, 04:48:09 pm »
+1
tbh i just like the flanged mace over the winged because it looks less ugly >_>

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »
Damn, one handed bar mace shits all over the warhammer, that ought to be changed. Don't give me the crap about it having a secondary mode, a blunt weapon with an inferior pierce mode, utter garbage.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Yuang

• Marshall
  • Renown: 788
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you all
    • View Profile
    • 汉云工作室
  • Faction: Nothing
  • Game nicks: TangSanZang
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2016, 06:11:53 pm »
What is the standard of 0 slots? The length of the arms? The weight? Strong? Appearance? Or personal preferences? Who can tell me? Forgive my impulse! 8-)

I'm who I am, a firework of larruping color.
My time is seven hours earlier than the forum.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2016, 06:26:39 pm »
What is the standard of 0 slots? The length of the arms? The weight? Strong? Appearance? Or personal preferences? Who can tell me? Forgive my impulse! 8-)

I guess the lenght is the most deciding factor given that the longest 0 slot weapon is 87. In the end there is no written rule about this other than what makes sense from a balance point of view.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2016, 06:34:58 pm »
the 0 slot maces cost lower upkeep. even if they were 1 slot and the stats slightly buffed, they still need to be inferior to higher tier maces.

i know; since everybody has millions of gold, upkeep is no longer a balance factor. but that can be changed.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »
Damn, one handed bar mace shits all over the warhammer, that ought to be changed. Don't give me the crap about it having a secondary mode, a blunt weapon with an inferior pierce mode, utter garbage.

To be honest with you I think Warhammer is fine, I've used it before and I've done incredibly well with it, I personally consider it the best 1h no shield weapon to use because of its ability to deal with low armour and high armour, knockdown AND pierce as 1 weapon is very strong.

Although it has been a while since I actually played it, so it may have been changed since I last did.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2016, 11:16:14 pm »
To be honest with you I think Warhammer is fine, I've used it before and I've done incredibly well with it, I personally consider it the best 1h no shield weapon to use because of its ability to deal with low armour and high armour, knockdown AND pierce as 1 weapon is very strong.

Although it has been a while since I actually played it, so it may have been changed since I last did.

I'm not saying warhammer is a bad weapon. However, compared to one handed bar mace it is a bad weapon. Warhammer needs a buff or the bar mace a nerf
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2016, 11:43:32 pm »
I'm not saying warhammer is a bad weapon. However, compared to one handed bar mace it is a bad weapon. Warhammer needs a buff or the bar mace a nerf

Anyone fought against the 1h Bar Mace must have noticed the enormous amount of ghostbox on that weapon. That and it has the same speed with the Warhammer, which makes little sense, 24p stab on a 65 length weapon can't be equal to 6 length.

Offline Froi

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • cyka blyat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2016, 12:35:00 am »
This is why you guys shouldn't have given this chinese man Duke for no reason.  He thinks he has sway in the community now.  Damn commies.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2016, 01:03:13 am »
This is why you guys shouldn't have given this chinese man Duke for no reason.  He thinks he has sway in the community now.  Damn commies.

Foolish heretic, you shall be purged for dare disobeying the mighty Yuang's command.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2016, 01:03:58 am »

Ah I see, my mistake, and yes, I would agree that in a comparison of the two, the bar mace clearly takes the cake.

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2016, 01:07:05 am »

Grand Commissar Froi, you are being detained for interrogation for treasonous ideologies. If found guilty you will be sent to gulag #7

-Cue Commie Music-
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Yuang

• Marshall
  • Renown: 788
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you all
    • View Profile
    • 汉云工作室
  • Faction: Nothing
  • Game nicks: TangSanZang
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2016, 01:12:34 am »
+4

Hey, man! I am an ordinary game player, I just suggestions for discussion. Why do you hate me so, always give me downvote. My 27 downvote, at least you vote for 15+. Maybe you hate the Communist Party, but I'm not! I am only your CRPG friends!

I'm who I am, a firework of larruping color.
My time is seven hours earlier than the forum.