• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Mounts
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:28:35 am »
Will horses be portayed in the game as the powerful animals they are? Or will they be more like in the current state of cRPG?

How will killing a horse affect the rider? Is he going to stop dead and fall to the ground like in Warband or will he fall down with the horse, its weight possibly crushing his leg?

Jumping off horses?

Will there be other animals, like bulls that carry a wagon, that you can mount and ride into battle?

What about horse equipment, can we customize our steeds or will there be horse presets like in Warband?

And last, but not least, can we craft donkey chariots?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
Re: Mounts
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 04:51:15 am »
Somehow I think the devs aren't really that focused on horses right now. I'm sure it'll be better than Warbands horse riding. Also, you cannot ride a bull, theoretically it is possible, but not practical. Also I reckon that hitting into a wall at a gallop should kill the rider and horse.

I just thought of something... How the hell will stances work on a horse. Will you just have a limited amount of stances on a horse?

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:16:25 am »
How the hell will stances work on a horse. Will you just have a limited amount of stances on a horse?
Why? You will have slashes to the sides, thrusts and overheads.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:14:50 am »
Stances are unnecessary with horses. You can just carbon copy Warband's system.

Jumping off horses should be out. Don't make it comical...

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 09:33:23 am »
Stances are unnecessary with horses. You can just carbon copy Warband's system.

Jumping off horses should be out. Don't make it comical...
What the fuck is comical about a guy standind up on a horse and jumping on a parallel enemy rider, knocking him off his horse and into the mud. If anything, that's the definition of bad ass. And I would love this game to be badass, not that many games let you nowadays...

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:48:30 am »
+3
ples add deflecting arrows so my 2h hero can be even more badass

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 11:32:04 am »
I mean yeah it's certainly ok to discuss stuff, but imo your threads are just plain annoying.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 04:12:51 pm »
+1
Regardless of my opinion of the particular format or tone of Golem's or others threads, i generally welcome any discussions, ideas and opinions, as i believe devs do aswell.
I rather have alot of annoying threads amidst a few interresting ones to dwell on than the recent death silence ;)

Regarding mounts, I am certain, as it also has been discussed in the forums earlier, that devs have a huge interrest in doing mounts and to do it right; By postphoning decisions and the implementations for it to a time after the basic combat implementation to give it the apropriate space and time to be able to really focus on it.

I for one think that cRPG horses balance is not so bad - i actually think its really good (yes, i did and do play cav). Light cav was way to strong before recent patches and turned it into a pretty skill less gameplay - particularly against infantry classes.
Its important though, to differentiate the distinkt cav classes like light/heavy lancers,1h,HA  and to understand that high costs are important in order to avoid everyone riding around elephants and one-hit everything and their grandma - or even be able to do all this on a donkey  :mrgreen:

Overall i think, it should be much more appreciated that cav works on an completely different tactical level than inf (which is mainly a local, slow charging blob, camping or ambushing crowd) ... as an overwatching, point striking or distractive and supporting force.
In my experiance, those cav players who best read the battlefield and cooperate with inf are the most successful ones ... as it should be. Unlike the invincible, devastating tanks they where at some point.
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 07:00:07 pm »
Will there be horse poop?

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 07:09:46 pm »
+1
Regardless of my opinion of the particular format or tone of Golem's or others threads, i generally welcome any discussions, ideas and opinions, as i believe devs do aswell.
I rather have alot of annoying threads amidst a few interresting ones to dwell on than the recent death silence ;)

Regarding mounts, I am certain, as it also has been discussed in the forums earlier, that devs have a huge interrest in doing mounts and to do it right; By postphoning decisions and the implementations for it to a time after the basic combat implementation to give it the apropriate space and time to be able to really focus on it.

I for one think that cRPG horses balance is not so bad - i actually think its really good (yes, i did and do play cav). Light cav was way to strong before recent patches and turned it into a pretty skill less gameplay - particularly against infantry classes.
Its important though, to differentiate the distinkt cav classes like light/heavy lancers,1h,HA  and to understand that high costs are important in order to avoid everyone riding around elephants and one-hit everything and their grandma - or even be able to do all this on a donkey  :mrgreen:

Overall i think, it should be much more appreciated that cav works on an completely different tactical level than inf (which is mainly a local, slow charging blob, camping or ambushing crowd) ... as an overwatching, point striking or distractive and supporting force.
In my experiance, those cav players who best read the battlefield and cooperate with inf are the most successful ones ... as it should be. Unlike the invincible, devastating tanks they where at some point.
I agree completely.
I am really just trying to start a discussion, coming up with ideas people can bounce off and get inspired by, rather than embrace.

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »
+1
I agree completely.
I am really just trying to start a discussion, coming up with ideas people can bounce off and get inspired by, rather than embrace.

I suppose I see your point. I'd just prefer it all under one thread so that I'm not going to different threads the whole time. Sure, if they're completely different topics, then another thread is fine. But maybe some of the various ideas could fall under a single thread. Maybe a 'Combat Suggestions and Questions' thread would be a good idea.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 08:41:01 pm »

You are right of course. Probably part of what annoys me additionally is talking and thinking about something that's been almost exclusively in our heads for years. So the only things to discuss with any substance are related to the dev blogs. And even there I mostly think 'wait and see'. It's been over three yeas again...

Of course that means I should rather just carry on instead of posting here that I don't want to post anything. :D

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 03:18:06 pm »
You are right of course. Probably part of what annoys me additionally is talking and thinking about something that's been almost exclusively in our heads for years. So the only things to discuss with any substance are related to the dev blogs. And even there I mostly think 'wait and see'. It's been over three yeas again...

Of course that means I should rather just carry on instead of posting here that I don't want to post anything. :D
I feel the same pal ;) I think devs working hard to have us testing the shit out of combat as soon as its possible ^^

I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
Do you do anything but trolling by any chance?

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 04:30:08 pm »
Can I get a walrus mount and some chadzollars if I pre-purchase the game? Thanks.