Poll

Would you prefer a combat system with or without a stamina system (Excludes sprinting as part of stamina)

Yes, I want Stamina
19 (20.9%)
No, I don't want Stamina
21 (23.1%)
I'll see after I've played it
36 (39.6%)
I don't mind
5 (5.5%)
Stamina has its positives and negatives
10 (11%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: March 03, 2016, 05:41:56 am

Author Topic: Stamina  (Read 6441 times)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Stamina
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 08:07:14 am »
+6
Just having stamina doesn't mean anything, it all depends on the way it's implemented in the actual game, so my take is wait and see.

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 07:03:05 pm »
Well we know more or less how it's implemented, or tho specific values will be changed after play testing.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 09:16:57 pm »
I was quite interested that so far, more than a third of the votes went to 'I'll see after I've played it'.

It's the most logical and reasonable vote.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 12:23:04 am »
+5
As long as I can be on the defensive just fine with low stamina, it's alright. I guess stamina should only affect attacks and movement. Holding bows, pushing stuff, that kind of things.

Another thing: while a stamina bar UI is okay for the moment, I think you guys should aim for having multiple sets of animations made for varying degrees of fatigue. This corresponds more to the intuitiveness ideal.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 12:14:09 am »
+2
Another thing: while a stamina bar UI is okay for the moment, I think you guys should aim for having multiple sets of animations made for varying degrees of fatigue. This corresponds more to the intuitiveness ideal.

Or a dynamic Hud effect instead of a simple bar.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 12:42:45 am »
+3
feinting is gay

Sure, It's unrealistic, but Warband would be awful without it. No feinting would mean a huge reduction to the skill ceiling. It's already boring enough watching two players duel with 99% block success rates. The game has been around for 6 years, you should know how to deal with feints by now.

Endless double swings and holds would be gayer.

As for M:BG, I don't really care whether you can feint endlessly or not, as long as the combat system has similar depth to Warband.

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 10:19:26 am »
if its like in viking conquest,i would love that,no more extreme builds and running over the half map,also no tin can which runs faster then u in his plate armor^^

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Jezbelle

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 01:00:24 pm »
+1
A dynamic change in the character animation would be nice for indicating stamina, but if even the most basic animations still need help after all that MoCap, we know that it's a distant reality.

UI bars are bad. Because you have to look away from combat to read it. But a very simple, ambiguous "light" flashing faintly on the perimeters of the screen, or underneath our character, could indicate our stamina level without making us glance away. It would be seen even from a PERIPHERAL view.

So instead of a bar with 3 colors, you could have NO BAR, and instead have a larger color spectrum to indicate the precise degree of stamina within one of the 3 stages. Darker green would mean a healthier stamina, then it would fade to light green, then the light could "flash" dark yellow, meaning you've entered the middle stage, and it would get increasingly more orange in color until it flashed red.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 01:46:13 pm »
A dynamic change in the character animation would be nice for indicating stamina, but if even the most basic animations still need help after all that MoCap, we know that it's a distant reality.

UI bars are bad. Because you have to look away from combat to read it. But a very simple, ambiguous "light" flashing faintly on the perimeters of the screen, or underneath our character, could indicate our stamina level without making us glance away. It would be seen even from a PERIPHERAL view.

So instead of a bar with 3 colors, you could have NO BAR, and instead have a larger color spectrum to indicate the precise degree of stamina within one of the 3 stages. Darker green would mean a healthier stamina, then it would fade to light green, then the light could "flash" dark yellow, meaning you've entered the middle stage, and it would get increasingly more orange in color until it flashed red.

I am for no HUD at all, let people figure it out.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 04:25:31 pm »
I am for no HUD at all, let people figure it out.

You slowly lose your peripheral vision and the world goes black and white, then completely dark.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 06:31:38 pm »

wouldnt be very fun for colorblind people like me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 09:01:13 pm »

cmon you pussy, obviously there would also be a blur effect
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Jezbelle

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2016, 06:40:37 am »

I'm sure a mod could easily be made to simply swap the colors to:  Blue --->  Yellow ---> Black

Would that solve it?