Poll

Do you think this is a good idea?

Might work
Probably won't work
I think if you make a small change it might work
I don't have an opinion

Author Topic: Solution to Ninja Rostering  (Read 4502 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Solution to Ninja Rostering
« on: February 18, 2016, 02:54:22 am »
After hours of licking my wounds, resting on a donut in my computer chair to ease my bruised and stretched anus, and carefully applying bacteen to my dick-torn lips, I may have come up with a solution to the problem of last minute ninja rostering. By ninja rostering I mean secretly signing up 30 people at 8:01 for a battle that is happening at 8:02, so that someone who thought you were bringing no players to a pointless battle will only show up with a handful of players and you will shit on them with your hordes of nerds. Obviously this probably won't get introduced even if it is a good idea because m o d is dead.... but there is a shot.

There's a few simple changes in my plan to give people a chance to fight ninja rostering autists.

1. Implement a limit on how many players (maybe 10?) can be signed up and accepted in the last X minutes (5, 10, 15--however many is agreed on as reasonable) before the battle starts. This first rule stops 30 people from secretly signing up in the last few minutes before a battle.

2. Allow anyone who signs up in the first 23 hours and 45 minutes (or whatever is decided) before the battle to be allowed to be taken off and put on the roster freely, even in the restricted 5-15 minute period before the battle starts. That is to say that so long as people applied before the restricted period they can still be put on in the restricted period. The restricted period doesn't apply to them. This way if you need to do a lot of roster changes in the last few minutes because people didn't show up to roll call, you can take on or put off as many people as you want with no limit so long as they applied in the 23 hours and 45 minutes before the battle.

3. Make the number of mercenaries that have applied to either team public information. You don't have to say who they are or anything about them, just list it as a number. Put it on the c-rpg.net page for battles where people apply and check briefings. Just put it somewhere next to the faction/troop list/battle leader. This way people can see if a ton of people have applied to a battle in the first 23 hours and 45 minutes and just aren't being accepted because the battle leader is a cheeky cunt. This will allow a faction to know that the other team are being cheeky bastards.

If you implement all three of these simple changes, people who are ninja rostered against will at least have 5-15 minutes to prepare a roster for themselves if they only had 1 or 2 people signed up, they will be able to see if the enemy team secretly is signing up a bunch of god damn people to be huge nerds, and everyone will still be able to conduct roll calls before battles. The only drawbacks are that people will have to sign up in the first 23 hours and 45 minutes (or however many minutes) before a battle, and honestly that is not an unreasonable expectation to have. Like you have 23 fucking hours to apply. Get your shit together.

Tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:57:26 am by GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: Solution to Ninja Rostering
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:05:21 am »
+2
If people get fucked because they didnt sign enough players, it's their fault....
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Froi

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • cyka blyat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:07:30 am »
If people get fucked because they didnt sign enough players, it's their fault....

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:12:35 am »
+11
I just think one of the shittier elements of this game is that if you're not an autist with Mountain Dew for blood and Doritos for bones then you can get fucked over and have your experience ruined at any time. It is no fun having to sign up 20 people just in case for battles that are like versus a 100 man peasant army. Nobody gets fun out of that. Not the person having to get people to sign up, not the people coming to a battle to fight maybe 2 peasants that show up. It's arbitrary and shitty and boring and awful for everyone involved.

Offline Froi

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • cyka blyat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:54:27 am »
Why not stop complaining, and play!

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:34 am »
+3
AI bots pls.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 08:04:39 am »
+2

Why not stop complaining, and play!

Classic meme - reply to a well-thought out thread with a shit eating comment that took 2 seconds to type after likely not even reading the original post.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline GandalfJr

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Cleveland
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 09:39:39 am »
+3
Just seems like you're a little mad you lost a army to ninja rostering, it may be looked down upon, but fair game in strat. Just take every battle as if they do have a roster and no problems.
balls are like boobs

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 12:03:05 pm »
+4
AI bots pls.

I always thought that would be a perfect solution for Strategus. Maybe four options to choose from before a battle:

1. Have a roster with all other players like normal.
2. Command all the troops yourself like in Warband singleplayer, with x number of troops assigned to 3 or more classes that use certain types of gear before the battle.
3. Maybe a hybrid of options 1 and 2, like in the Napoleonic Wars mod commander battles where you have players on each side commanding small groups of bots.

4. If you don't show up for your battle at 4am and don't hire any mercs... then whoever is attacking you faces an AI bot army like in Warband singleplayer.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 06:03:14 pm »
+1
Ninja rostering was pretty much standard last strat on any attack on a small army or village, so it rarely worked.  It is annoying when you have to keep showing up for tiny little battles just because there is a 10% chance the enemy might show up.  But we all know there will be no mechanics changed on this game.

When I was fighting the Wardens we just made a gentleman's agreement to no ninja rostering as well as no raiding.  But this only works if you are gentleman.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 06:10:42 pm »
But this only works if you are gentleman.

Good luck with that.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 07:07:32 pm »
+1
I mean obviously this is all moot because m o d is dead but I thought it was a neat thing to talk about.

Cunts.

Offline Oreo

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 08:18:06 pm »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Arowaine: probably cause i told dupre he is a piss of shit

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 05:29:23 am »
+9
ninja roster is fine and a fun mechanic.. If you are not willing to put in the time for small fights, then perhaps do not attack. Or attack with a smaller number of troops to mitigate the risk. It is one of the more interesting strat mechanics. It is not abuse in any way to wait to the last minute to hire people.

It is fun watching 5 knights get spanked by 50 peasants.
Leader of BS

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 06:49:26 am »
+1
ninja roster is fine and a fun mechanic.. If you are not willing to put in the time for small fights, then perhaps do not attack. Or attack with a smaller number of troops to mitigate the risk. It is one of the more interesting strat mechanics. It is not abuse in any way to wait to the last minute to hire people.

It is fun watching 5 knights get spanked by 50 peasants.

^ This. Epic peasant uprisings are always fun to be apart of.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.