Author Topic: 0.4.4.4  (Read 18024 times)

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
Re: 0.4.4.4
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 02:50:07 pm »
+1
You want to outspam and outreach. come on be happy with one advantage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Painmace

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Merc and Norse
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Painmace, Zangramash
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 02:53:23 pm »
+1
You want to outspam and outreach. come on be happy with one advantage.
like 80% off all 1hs out reach me + almost all 1hs are agi builds and its rather easy for 2h to rek me  :?
and i just want to go from 96 reach to 98 or something

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 03:52:02 pm »
+4
like 80% off all 1hs out reach me + almost all 1hs are agi builds and its rather easy for 2h to rek me  :?
and i just want to go from 96 reach to 98 or something
Your mind is your armour.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kortkort

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Shortshorts, Who_likes_Shortshorts, Jihad_Jane
  • IRC nick: Shortshorts
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »
It fills the niche of being the fastest but shortest among the bastard sword weapons, it's arguably worse than the alternatives, but I don't think it's particularly unbalanced.
I'll lend you my nodachi if the spamitars are getting you down.  :P

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 04:19:57 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
jesus ugly give one to HESKEY
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 04:34:27 pm »
+1
By the way... in the shop the pictures of the twohanded throwing axe and the hunting axe are still interchanged.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »
Stabs aren't designed to swing them, and the ground is a something solid beneath you, so I don't see why you should be able to hit through it. Those are the features that reward proper choice of attacks and general weapon awarness. Also 50 ping is fine.

As far as I remember you used to play with perma-day weather... I think that you're just trying to make the game easier for yourself, not better, but this is just an opinion.

Im generally one to approve changes that make choices matter etc, but turn rate is simply lack of control of the character it doesnt feel like it adds anything to the game only makes it less enjoyable. Going to a native server just instantly feels like the intended way, it just fits the general combat more. With such unnaturally high movementspeeds, its only fair to adjust turnrates to fit it. The ground not being solid is maybe something i only i enjoyed, but it allowed for some tricky plays, opens up more options etc. I just feel that removing them never was needed.
50 ping is fine yeah, but im not sure if the ping is to blame, but the servers arent the same as when i was at 30 ping. If the 20 ping increase is to blame, or something about the servers in general i dont know, but i can not pull of precision moves like previously. This has been an issue for a while now, hence people complain about restarting servers etc, but it never really helps.

For the weather thing, I used to like the day/night cycle, but slowly i noticed it really doesnt add anything, but only makes weapons sometimes super hard to see when fighting. Another thing that doesnt add to the arcadey/competitive aspect of crpg, but only makes you play worse on certain maps because of lack of vision. Unless you have some really good gamma increase settings on your monitor etc, but at that point why not just make it perma daytime?

If you think that the ground having a hitbox is bad thing, you might just be retarded. Unless of course you were one of those guys that would use a pike through the ground and such, then yeah, the QQ makes sense.

I was one of those, so i guess im not retarded then? Phew, i got off lucky there, if i had joined the game later from native and had disliked the change then i would have been a retard   :(
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 07:00:22 pm »
+2
For the weather thing, I used to like the day/night cycle, but slowly i noticed it really doesnt add anything, but only makes weapons sometimes super hard to see when fighting. Another thing that doesnt add to the arcadey/competitive aspect of crpg, but only makes you play worse on certain maps because of lack of vision. Unless you have some really good gamma increase settings on your monitor etc, but at that point why not just make it perma daytime?
For this very reason I've been against the fog which sometimes makes night unbearably dark or day super-bright (in case of snowy maps during the day) 27'' of darkness or brightness is a sight challenger. Doesn't change the fact that making changes like that just for yourself is unfair towards others who have to struggle with the weather conditions.

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 10:02:30 pm »
For this very reason I've been against the fog which sometimes makes night unbearably dark or day super-bright (in case of snowy maps during the day) 27'' of darkness or brightness is a sight challenger. Doesn't change the fact that making changes like that just for yourself is unfair towards others who have to struggle with the weather conditions.

True that, it was kind of cheating to use it, but i couldve also simply modified my gamma through various means and achieved same results, only that it would look like junk in game compared to what a bright day would otherwise look like. A convenience thing in my eyes, just like glowing weapons, allthough that ruins the little immersion i have so i would never go for that.

Fog on the other hand, ive actually found adds a nice change to the game, because it doesnt hinder close quarters vision but it does act as a sort of wall to ranged/cav. Fog acts as a map changer basically, while night time is simply a pain in the ass eye strainer.

My complaints are simply things that dont completely change the game, but they cripple it and limit it in such a way where its not really an enjoyable change. Nerfs in general i should say. Turnrate killed my agiwhore spearman, because it takes precision and control to not glance with such low damage, and when i have to gamble on the enemy not moving away from my stab in order for it to hit, then that basically killed what crpg used to be to me. Allthough its obvious people in crpg always enjoyed seeing others get nerfed, no compassion for other classes. Its always been slowly pushing towards one style play, and ive given in to it, but also quit due to it.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 10:42:35 pm »
+2
My complaints are simply things that dont completely change the game, but they cripple it and limit it in such a way where its not really an enjoyable change. Nerfs in general i should say. Turnrate killed my agiwhore spearman, because it takes precision and control to not glance with such low damage, and when i have to gamble on the enemy not moving away from my stab in order for it to hit, then that basically killed what crpg used to be to me. Allthough its obvious people in crpg always enjoyed seeing others get nerfed, no compassion for other classes. Its always been slowly pushing towards one style play, and ive given in to it, but also quit due to it.

Jump, spin, stab. Still quite possible with agi piker, and certainly doable with 50 ping (or higher)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 01:25:40 am »
Jump, spin, stab. Still quite possible with agi piker, and certainly doable with 50 ping (or higher)

Ive done it, but its quite a lot weaker, and its too long, you lose so much speed using it that youre barely an agibuild anymore. Its easier to spin stab because you have more range to play with, but pike/longspear are but a shell of its former self, its nerfs make it unable to hold up in these 30-40 player battles, while it could do a lot during 60-70+ players. Piking was so much fun when you have a big battle to support in, currently though theres just scattered small groups so its a no go.

Even pikes/longspears suffer hard from the turnrates too though, solo makes it incredibly difficult to get a decent stab in, one thats probably blocked anyways.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 02:15:34 am »
+1
Ive done it, but its quite a lot weaker, and its too long, you lose so much speed using it that youre barely an agibuild anymore. Its easier to spin stab because you have more range to play with, but pike/longspear are but a shell of its former self, its nerfs make it unable to hold up in these 30-40 player battles, while it could do a lot during 60-70+ players. Piking was so much fun when you have a big battle to support in, currently though theres just scattered small groups so its a no go.

Even pikes/longspears suffer hard from the turnrates too though, solo makes it incredibly difficult to get a decent stab in, one thats probably blocked anyways.
Using some broken hit detection is not really skill in my vocabulary. Maybe that was fun for you but is extremly unfun on revicing end.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 03:28:37 am »
Using some broken hit detection is not really skill in my vocabulary. Maybe that was fun for you but is extremly unfun on revicing end.

Broken hit detection? You mean the ground not having a hitbox? I guess thats fair, i always thought it added more options to the game, and more options is generally more skill.

Or did you mean old polearm overhead? good times. Now that was actually broken.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 09:58:15 am »
+2
Can we get better texture on some swords?
Blade texture on Highland Claymore and Danish Two Handed Sword are white (glowing white)?
It will be much better looking like German Greatsword or Danish Greatsword ....

Thank you!

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 02:06:21 pm »
Broken hit detection? You mean the ground not having a hitbox? I guess thats fair, i always thought it added more options to the game, and more options is generally more skill.

Or did you mean old polearm overhead? good times. Now that was actually broken.
I mean situations when you get hit with pike that comes from the ground or face to face full dmg stabs with any weapon. It is not like it is fixed but we see that way less.

Still shit dosent work like I ould like to see that but whatever.
There is still more than plenty ways to instantly connect hiits with pretty much any kind of weapon. 1h leftswing is just best example of that. 2h polearms every weapon can do a lot of damange on very begining of animation.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?