Author Topic: Kalam in EU  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: Kalam in EU
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 05:52:39 pm »
+4
ah, AH , AH!!!

I see you trying to promote your non existant culture, and I laugh, I laugh, I laugh!!

The chechzs or whatever you spell their name, have culture???? SINCE WHEN? ahahah

The Germans have good food? ahahahah SINCE WHEN? Unless you consider trans fat sausages as food

Kalam my friend, your destination should be Greece, and deep inside you know it.

Do you want food? We have the best of it

Mousaka, pastitsio, tzatziki, souvlaki, EVERYTHING YOUR HEART DESIRES!

Do you want culture? Then come to Athens, the culture capital of the world!

We have more than 300 Museus you can visit, damn it!

Do you want archaic museums? Visit the Akropolis one or the Parthenon one!
Do you want medieval museum? Visit the Byzantine museum!
Visit sights from the most famous battles, Hotgates, Parthenon, Salamina the list is fucking endless!

Also, we have the best weather in europe! Everywhere is snowing/raining, and here in Greece we wear t shirts cause we have sun all day long!

Plus, the prizes are really down this time of the year!

And then if you arent satisfied with Athens, you can go to Istanbul Constantinople, to see even more Greek architecture, it's not like the Turks have built anything themselves  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 06:00:46 pm »
+1
panos. U missed the point where he said he wants beer.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 06:10:25 pm »
+2
Or really just Germany, next month. Maybe Ireland (because ryanair flights are cheap), Poland

Poland is horrible place to visit at this time of the year; snow, freezing cold, girls hiding their beauty under thick clothes...

Switzerland is like heaven on Earth.

So true.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:14:30 pm by Falka »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1553
  • Infamy: 661
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 06:18:43 pm »
Poland is horrible place to visit at this time of the year; snow, freezing cold, girls hiding their beauty under thick clothes...

Nothing good old groping couldn't solve. If they call you a rapist and sexual predator, use your fingertips to mimic slanting eyes and claim to be Japanese tourist who got lost.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 06:58:12 pm »
+3

So true.
Poland? Freezing cold? visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:01:02 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1244
  • Infamy: 1707
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 08:24:37 pm »
Krakow in the winter is very cold, for southern visitors. We are just not used to it, it's not just the temperature. Temperature can be just as low in Belgrade but feels different. Nowhere near as harsh like in Krakow. Don't want to imagine how it is in Finland or Sankt Peterburg during winter.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:57 pm »
Yeah. Its a pretty bad time of year to visit. Europe is not really at the top of its game during winter. As a person who favors solitude and thinks of architecture as nothing more than "meh", yeah, Austria, Switzerland or Norway. If it really has to be winter.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 08:34:40 pm »
If you happen to visit (or simply go through) Brussels, try this place (no I'm not related in any way): https://fr.tripadvisor.be/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d3568277-Reviews-La_braise-Brussels.html

If you go through Belgium, try to find cuberdons.

About food: I don't understand why would anybody recommend Germany. You have to search for hours before finding anything somewhat refined, and almost all the good restaurants are kind of boilerplate modern.

In Spain and France, avoid the Mediterranean coast. You need to know the locals if you want to find spots that are not full with tour operator cancer tourists. That said, Barcelona is a classic, and is well worth a visit (although it's hard to find decent Spanish food there). Brittany and the Northern Spanish coast are nice places to visit if you don't mind bad weather and if you like seafood (I recommend trying Galician octopus). Extremadura if you want a fucking desert. Madrid is pointless. Portugal for the best coffee of everywhere in the world (sorry, Italians).

Finally, I'm sorry Molly but Northern Germany is a shit place to visit. The only great thing there is the architecture. Copenhague on the other hand...

Switzerland will empty your wallet within 1 day, sorry.

Eastern cheapo

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 08:38:52 pm »
If you happen to visit (or simply go through) Brussels, try this place (no I'm not related in any way): https://fr.tripadvisor.be/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d3568277-Reviews-La_braise-Brussels.html

Dayum... I bet it costs 80€ to just get in there.  :lol:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »
Dayum... I bet it costs 80€ to just get in there.  :lol:

Best dish in there will cost you about 25 euros per person. Coffee and wine (pick Madiran) not included.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 11:09:36 pm »
+1
German girls being sluts, snow white raped and murdered... remind me again, why do you blame immigrants?

I know, right?

on german food though: 

huge cheese and meat culture, like the brotzeit for hungry Wanderer, ja?

great game dishes for the accomplished Jägersman

what mac and cheese dreams of becoming when all grown up:

and ofc the best thing ever,  a steaming pile of schniddengruber!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 12:36:02 am »
Europe this time of year! :D

I haven't been much around, but I really enjoyed being in Cadaques off season couple of years ago. Mind you these places are off season now, so you will have the place mostly to yourself. The whole area is beautiful.

Cadaques:
(click to show/hide)
Girona:
(click to show/hide)

Might be a bit cold there now, but so will the rest of Europe.
Temps right now in F:
(click to show/hide)

In the end It really depends what kind of journey you are looking for and what you expect. There is just so much to see. Every country has something to offer and you can't even cover 1 big city properly unless you have lots of time. :) Besides, the weather will probably be atrocious!

Since it's this time of year I suggest you do a southern trip along the mediterranean. It would be horrible and very expensive in the tourist season, but now it should be very relaxed, and cheaper. You get better weather (still chilly though) and there are lots of non-summery attractions and history to see too. Besides you can get a mediterranean narrative/history from it! :)

I suggest starting in Valencia or Barcelona, traveling by bus and train along the coast, into France and Marseille, Nice, Genoa, either Milan or Turin until you get to Rome. You can end there, and stay forever, but if you have lots of time and money, fly to Athens, and check out Istanbul as well.  Take a boat to Corsica or Sardinia.. Use the tripadvisor app aggressively when choosing restaurants and hotels!   You will have great food, museums, history, great nature, and not freeze your ass off in ice-cold rain and snow like the rest of Europe is right now. It's not fun to travel in such conditions.

Take a northern hike next time, in the summer!  Right now the European plain is just flat and rainy. If you love wintersports and snow, I guess the alps and northern countries can offer you extremely expensive skiing.. nice, but expensive as fuck.

(Then again, maybe I'm biased because I could really go somewhere warmer right now!)

Edit:
Read your first post again. Looks like you might be in for something cheaper than my proposed epic adventure! :D It would arguably supply the best food possible though. Well Eastern Europe is cheap! The only Polish cities worth visiting are in order: Wroclaw, Krakow, and maybe Warsaw, but I don't like Warsaw.. Vilnius is also a beautiful town. Skip Slovakia. Prague is great, so is Vienna, and I heard, Budapest. If you feel daring, and want the hardcore Eastern Europe, as in not nice, but hardcore: Maybe Minsk? :D  (And since you are in the area, Berlin is an awesome city. )

hmm looking at the map here:  Also.. the Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest axis is not bad. And perhaps more variation like that, in stead of scurrying around in a cold and dark Eastern Europe, or travelling along the mediterranean. Athens + Istanbul should also be good. Maybe mix in some Balkans.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:09:13 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2491
  • Infamy: 1586
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 12:41:25 am »
I know, right?

on german food though: 

huge cheese and meat culture, like the brotzeit for hungry Wanderer, ja?

great game dishes for the accomplished Jägersman

what mac and cheese dreams of becoming when all grown up:

and ofc the best thing ever,  a steaming pile of schniddengruber!

That looks so delicious and Kalam will probably enjoy it. However, I can't eat that anymore. Came to that point in life where my body won't tolerate fat (from meat or milk, doesn't matter), spices, chocolate, white sugar, tasty stuff like that. After 25 years of eating tasty food, it said enough. Even if I ingest a little bit of that kind of food, severe nausea kicks in. Followed by a bad cough, feeling like crap for two hours after meals. Not sure yet what's wrong with me but since I've kicked out food my organs protest against, I feel a lot better.

So, any healthy German food you want to recommend? :D

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 12:47:21 am »
+2
So, any healthy German food you want to recommend? :D

no such thing :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 01:32:46 am »
Cheaper is better.
Hungary
Epic place
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV