Author Topic: Upcoming patch  (Read 34531 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: Upcoming patch
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 10:08:34 pm »
siege shields should help  :mrgreen:
didnt work
The real problem with ranged is that at this moment there is no other class that can counter it, when a courser dies with 1.5 arrows and a charger with 4, cavalry is pretty much useless and tries to avoid attacking ranged.

And whats even worse, is that the ranged on your team is focusing other targets rather than enemy ranged, unless is pretty much necessary to attack each other.

Instead of nerfing ranged, I suggest giving a buff at the HP and Armour of the horses, remove most maps that have high hills/mountains/one way roofs etc and for the love of god, if you are a melee player, STOP AIDING THE RANGED OF YOUR TEAM. I rarely do and I`m satisfied with myself.
direct buf for cav should help a lot
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 10:22:25 pm »
+6
Give those bundle of stickss upkeep. FUCKING UNBELIEVABLY HIGH UPKEEP.

It's ridiculous to play something extreme op and still do shittons of gold.

And btw, can we do a ranged limit on the servers? More than 40% is simply unplayable.

I can't fucking play that anymore.

better idea would be a ranged balance,cause i see in 70% of all matches im in,like all ranged on one team and inf on the other team,or like 1 ranged in team blue and 5 in team red for example.

if it would be balanced,then both team would have the samce chance,and i also prefer even if i play as ranged open field maps,i enjoy the challenge to not get lanced by cav and so on,bring back siege equipment for normal battles and remove those fucking flags pls,they are even more annoying then the power stone throwers!

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 11:09:17 pm »
+2
Instead of nerfing ranged, I suggest giving a buff at the HP and Armour of the horses, remove most maps that have high hills/mountains/one way roofs etc and for the love of god, if you are a melee player, STOP AIDING THE RANGED OF YOUR TEAM. I rarely do and I`m satisfied with myself.

Ever heard of the term ''teamwork''?
It's quite effective in some situations.  :mrgreen:

I usually aim for archers, cav and last infantry, but everyone has his own choice.
Balancing classes with rounds is a really good idea, but I saw that a team of archers is easily stomped by a horde of good melee players with an edge of cavalry.

If cavalry is buffed and there are no archers around that's gonna be a pain, you cant protect 360 degrees of your body with a pike, and theres not enough pikers to cover, they simply get evaded by cav
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:14:04 pm by AwesomeHail »
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2015, 12:38:37 am »
+1
better idea would be a ranged balance,cause i see in 70% of all matches im in,like all ranged on one team and inf on the other team,or like 1 ranged in team blue and 5 in team red for example.

if it would be balanced,then both team would have the samce chance,and i also prefer even if i play as ranged open field maps,i enjoy the challenge to not get lanced by cav and so on,bring back siege equipment for normal battles and remove those fucking flags pls,they are even more annoying then the power stone throwers!
I don't really have much trouble with ranged, even on my chars w/o a shield, bunch of ranged is really no different than a buncha melees zerging. Its the cav that's the problem- 1 or 2 are easy to counter/kill but the cav train isn't. And I see way more of all/most cav being on 1 team. And people riding plated chargers in low pop servers, at least ranged has to lead targets or get lucky to hit, chargers just plow over you w/o much able to stop it but 15 million hits unless you can do a rider kill.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2015, 12:48:36 am »
+1
Ever heard of the term ''teamwork''?
It's quite effective in some situations.  :mrgreen:

I usually aim for archers, cav and last infantry, but everyone has his own choice.
Balancing classes with rounds is a really good idea, but I saw that a team of archers is easily stomped by a horde of good melee players with an edge of cavalry.

If cavalry is buffed and there are no archers around that's gonna be a pain, you cant protect 360 degrees of your body with a pike, and theres not enough pikers to cover, they simply get evaded by cav

you can`t really compare cavalry and ranged when it comes to counter attacking it. Their major difference between them is that in order to kill an archer you have to get close to him, and thats a pain in the ass because a) until you catch up with him he will have shot you at least 5 times and b) most of the archers kite , but on the other hand with simple footwork and usage of your weapon or usage of your enviroment you can counter the best lancer.

And as I said plenty of times before, ranged aint OP by itself, its the fact that there are planty of players at the same time on the same team that make it look OP.

Offline Dr_Device

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2015, 01:12:47 am »
+1
Why the hell do people want to buff cavalry against archers. One of the major benefits of archers in medieval times was arrows being a massive "fuck you" to horses.

An easier solution would be to save a point or two to carry a shitty shield on your back you can use while closing with archers. If you're going to spec 100 % into your heavy weapon melee build you need to accept the vulnerability you're putting yourself at with arrows.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2015, 01:42:49 am »
+1
Why the hell do people want to buff cavalry against archers. One of the major benefits of archers in medieval times was arrows being a massive "fuck you" to horses.

An easier solution would be to save a point or two to carry a shitty shield on your back you can use while closing with archers. If you're going to spec 100 % into your heavy weapon melee build you need to accept the vulnerability you're putting yourself at with arrows.
its mostly because 99% of ranged kite all the time and so cavalry can prevent them from delaying rounds for infinite amount of time.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2015, 04:17:46 am »
+2
The only thing that will make the people who whine about ranged happy is a server full of only melee that they can beat.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2015, 06:12:37 am »
+1
How can you think archers aren't broken? Get a really good melee player as an archer and they can pew pew until people close on them and then slaughter everyone in melee anyway.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2015, 06:16:46 am »
+2
How can you think archers aren't broken? Get a really good melee player as an archer and they can pew pew until people close on them and then slaughter everyone in melee anyway.
how does someone good at melee make ranged broke?
PENDULUM

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2015, 06:25:13 am »
+1
how does someone good at melee make ranged broke?

because there is no downside. you could be melee and get shot and lanced on your way to a fight... or be an archer and just shoot everyone until a fight comes to you.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2015, 06:31:26 am »
Ya know annoying players like Desire

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2015, 07:06:01 am »
I was playing with shield. Made that screenshot when with shield. You just can't shield all of them or fight them with shield unless you're 1h

Later I indeed took an arbalest and steel bolts and kept shooting in their general direction with 1wpf. Kinda worked, I just don't want to fight ranged with ranged, it's not how it's supposed to be done. Fin changed map to pub brawl later which worked too. Map part is true, however a direct fist into their asses wouldn't be a bad idea imho.

It kinda is...  :rolleyes:

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2015, 08:02:50 am »
because there is no downside. you could be melee and get shot and lanced on your way to a fight... or be an archer and just shoot everyone until a fight comes to you.

you need to have specific gear as xbow/archer, so it is slightly less effective.

21/24 heavy crossbow with iron battle axe is insanely OP though, if you're good enough you can take on any type of character (but a cav train)

if there are cav trains, like the polak ones (mostly) or just a flurry of non coordinated cav, it gets harder and harder to shoot. There's draw time on archers, reload time on xbows, if you cant hide/take cover while doing that and theres a massive amount of cav online you're simply fucked
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2015, 09:06:00 am »
I have an idea turn cRPG into native- it has players
PENDULUM