Author Topic: Oh god... Steam holiday sales have started.  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god... Steam holiday sales have started.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 12:19:57 am »
+4
The DayZ mod on Arma 3 has been better than the DayZ standalone since basically forever, hasn't it?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 10:07:09 am »
I became a release-whore.
Most things I do have already when the Steam sale pops up :cry:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »
Bought a single 10 euro game. Everything else I either don't want or have already. Having a job is bad.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 02:19:09 pm »
Lol yeah. Now I got money and a job, but no time. Got arma 3 for 20€ and im quite happy. Been waiting for that game forever to go low. Also got Reign of Kings. Thinking of getting Dayz, Rust and Styx:master of shadows and mybe the Civilization V pack. Dunno yet.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 03:08:32 pm »
Thinking of getting Dayz, Rust

Dayz: no
Rust: yes

The DayZ mod on Arma 3 has been better than the DayZ standalone since basically forever, hasn't it?

Pretty much yeah.

DayZ development has the pace of uranium's half-life. Rust is getting better each week, they've completely redone the game (engine, graphics and everything) and are putting out good patches frequently. It still isn't quite there though. As for DayZ, they have a patch here and there, mostly with a couple of new items added, that's about it. The game is still being plagued by the same issues as Arma 2 DayZ mod, pretty much. Actually, a lot of people say that Arma 2 DayZ mod is more advanced than DayZ standalone. In short, if DayZ will ever feel complete, it's not going to be this decade... I actually have more hope for H1Z1, even though the developers (Daybreak) are greedy as fuck and only focus on battle royale gamemode and not survival (twitch streamer money huray).

As for myself, same problem as you guys. All the money in the world, but no time to play. I'm contemplating purchasing Elite: Dangerous though, for this price it might just be worth it...

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 03:35:25 pm »
Elite: Dangerous is a good game, but also a horrible timesink.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2015, 04:01:09 pm »
Rust has also battle royal which is pretty good.

So far I only bought spore and contagion, I'm pretty tight on budget but damn deals!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »
This is so much better than this years summer sale. I couldnt really find anything.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2015, 06:28:59 pm »
I'm considering getting Elite:Dangerous, but i've heard that it has some crazy dlc/ season pass policies and that in order to get the full experience with all the game updates and features you'll have to pay a lot more. Is that the case? Can someone give me a heads up pls ?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 962
  • Infamy: 557
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2015, 09:53:03 pm »
+2
Elite: Dangerous has been released as full game but due to time needed to do everything they wanted, some of the content is split into seasons.

Elite: Dangerous v1.x consists of full galaxy with billions of star systems, procedurally generated where every star system has few space stations (think there are four different types of stations). Space is modeled with close to scientific precision (only "game" that has better space model is Space Engine) but you can't land on celestial objects, only on stations and refueling platforms. Gameplay consist of trading (mostly) which is why game is known as Euro Truck Simulator in Space. Other prominent profession is bounty hunting (or riskier form of it, piracy), there is also exploration and mining but those are less popular among players. Maximum number of players in one instance is 32, but due to billions of star systems players are scattered all around the galaxy so you'll mostly deal with AI ships which are of decent quality. There is clan system called Wings and if you get some friends you'll be able to play with them and participate in supremacy mode called Powerplay where people fight for factions, solo or as part of Wings. There are actual battles between Wings, which is like clan match in cRPG. Current price of Elite is 15 USD, 12.5 EUR or 10 GBP.

Season One is known as Elite Horizons and should come out before end of this year. It will cost 50 EUR but owners of original game (v1.0) get a discount (15 USD or 12.5 EUR) which means it will cost you 37.5 EUR. Think of it as your typical season where you'll get updates for Horizons during whole year. Horizons will add planetary landings (somewhat seamless) and fights on planets. First version will feature moons and stations on those moons which you'll be able to explore with your ship or with SRV (surface reason vehicle) which is basically a space buggy. There will be buggy racing and buggies also have weapons and can be customized in same fashion as ships. Later patches will add bigger planets with foliages and life.

Season Two (late 2016) will bring final puzzle to the game, character customization and first person gameplay. You'll be able to get out of your seat and walk inside the ship and visit planets on foot, engage in various activities (big game hunting has been mentioned). This expansion or season pass will cost another 50 EUR.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 09:57:22 pm by Leshma »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2015, 10:18:30 pm »
I wouldn't classify them as crazy dlc policies, more akin to expansions on the game.

A crazy dlc policy is the new warhammer having to preorder the game to unlock the chaos race + campaign or if you don't preorder, you have to buy it separately.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2015, 11:11:33 pm »
I never could get into Elite: Dangerous... I sucked at the tutorial when it has you face off against 2 ships... I died like dozen times and never completed it, felt like an inferior player and uninstalled  :cry:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 01:15:56 am »
I never could get into Elite: Dangerous... I sucked at the tutorial when it has you face off against 2 ships... I died like dozen times and never completed it, felt like an inferior player and uninstalled  :cry:

You should reconsider. I never finished the tutorials myself and really there's no reason to.

I'm considering getting Elite:Dangerous, but i've heard that it has some crazy dlc/ season pass policies and that in order to get the full experience with all the game updates and features you'll have to pay a lot more. Is that the case? Can someone give me a heads up pls ?

Adding on what Leshma said, I'd say that Elite: Dangerous is worth its price on its own if you don't mind a mostly pve experience. With the information I have I do not intend to buy the Horizons expansion, because it doesn't really interest me.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 06:05:19 pm »
call me dummy but I had cash laying around on my account from selling stuff, I got CS GO from it.

What a waste of money
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 08:16:23 pm »
Elite: Dangerous has been released as full game but due to time needed to do everything they wanted, some of the content is split into seasons.

Elite: Dangerous v1.x consists of full galaxy with billions of star systems, procedurally generated where every star system has few space stations (think there are four different types of stations). Space is modeled with close to scientific precision (only "game" that has better space model is Space Engine) but you can't land on celestial objects, only on stations and refueling platforms. Gameplay consist of trading (mostly) which is why game is known as Euro Truck Simulator in Space. Other prominent profession is bounty hunting (or riskier form of it, piracy), there is also exploration and mining but those are less popular among players. Maximum number of players in one instance is 32, but due to billions of star systems players are scattered all around the galaxy so you'll mostly deal with AI ships which are of decent quality. There is clan system called Wings and if you get some friends you'll be able to play with them and participate in supremacy mode called Powerplay where people fight for factions, solo or as part of Wings. There are actual battles between Wings, which is like clan match in cRPG. Current price of Elite is 15 USD, 12.5 EUR or 10 GBP.

Season One is known as Elite Horizons and should come out before end of this year. It will cost 50 EUR but owners of original game (v1.0) get a discount (15 USD or 12.5 EUR) which means it will cost you 37.5 EUR. Think of it as your typical season where you'll get updates for Horizons during whole year. Horizons will add planetary landings (somewhat seamless) and fights on planets. First version will feature moons and stations on those moons which you'll be able to explore with your ship or with SRV (surface reason vehicle) which is basically a space buggy. There will be buggy racing and buggies also have weapons and can be customized in same fashion as ships. Later patches will add bigger planets with foliages and life.

Season Two (late 2016) will bring final puzzle to the game, character customization and first person gameplay. You'll be able to get out of your seat and walk inside the ship and visit planets on foot, engage in various activities (big game hunting has been mentioned). This expansion or season pass will cost another 50 EUR.
Ah what the hell, you got me at "bounty hunting" , even if it's pve. Thanks.