Author Topic: Free energy already exists, we've been kept in the dark for over a century.  (Read 9332 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Free energy already exists, we've been kept in the dark for over a century.
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2015, 03:16:05 pm »
Well you see Bjord's gray matter is a superhuman instrument that can perceive different facets of reality. I'm sure if we had put Bjord into a catscan while he was having these amazing psychedelic experiences we wouldn't have determined the exact neurological and biochemical reactions producing them, what areas of the brain, nope, none of that. It is beyond science's ken, apparently, and we aren't as we speak uncovering more and more of how the brain works. On one hand "science" is limited by the material perceptions of the world, and on the other the mere physical human brain, an instrument limited by an incredible factor to much less perception than scientific instruments, a mass of gray goo residing in the skull of an invidividual, is much better equipped to determine the nature of reality through "lived experience", aka made up bullshit.

Here's your fucking Neuroscience, bitch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/eben-alexander-harvard-neurosurgeon-proof-of-heaven-afterlife-coma_n_1951475.html

How you like them apples?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2015, 03:18:27 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/eben-alexander-harvard-neurosurgeon-proof-of-heaven-afterlife-coma_n_1951475.html

His description of "heaven" sounds no different from a dozen tales of good mushroom trips I've heard.

Oh yeah, the article even says:
Still, some remain skeptical. Gawker published a piece comparing Alexander's story to "Experiences" essays written on Erowid.org -- a site a featuring a collection of writings from conscious drug users about their experimentations and trips.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2015, 03:19:48 pm »
So you're taking pills that make you forget you're taking pills?

Shrooms aren't pills, which is by far the most intense psychedelic experience I've had to date.

I've still yet to try Salvia (which I heard is pretty mental) and then there is always DMT, but planning to do it the right way in Peru and ayahuasca. :)

His description of "heaven" sounds no different from a dozen tales of good mushroom trips I've heard.

So?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2015, 03:21:01 pm »
So?
So what is the point you're trying to make? What does the article you posted have to do with neuroscience?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2015, 03:22:09 pm »
+1

Oh my, hahahah. That was a good article.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »
So what is the point you're trying to make? What does the article you posted have to do with neuroscience?

A successful neurosurgeon, who has taught at Harvard Medical School and other universities, spent his life dismissing claims of heavenly out-of-body experiences and refuting such talk with scientific logic, until he himself had a near-death experience.

A successful neurosurgeon, who has taught at Harvard Medical School and other universities

spent his life dismissing claims of heavenly out-of-body experiences and refuting such talk with scientific logic

until he himself had a near-death experience

I'm pretty fucking sure he knows a lot more than anyone in here about Neuroscience, pretty sure he was way more dogmatic about trying to disprove Spirituality with logic than anyone here - yet he changed his mind.

I WONDER WHY

"Oh you prove nothing by this point fuck you Bjord you fucking hippie lovin tree hugging po-mo cunt fucker shit druggie"

Oh my, hahahah. That was a good article.

You guys crack me the fuck up, you're fucking terrible but at least you're funny. :D

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2015, 03:29:10 pm »
You think a spiritual realm exists beyond the physical because of "psychedilic" experiences which are nothing more than physical, biochemical reactions in your brain. You don't need to explain to me that "spiritualism" is a vast, vague morass of often mutually exclusive and endless "theories". That is because it is undefinable and unfalsifiable. You can go ahead and believe in the spiritual realm, but that's all it is. A belief. A matter of faith. 

I'm sorry you're so fucking stupid that you can't see how "skeptics" not willing to accept an unfalsifiable theory is enraging to you. Maybe you could use a bit more skepticism yourself, instead of swallowing vague, undefinable bullshit with no proof or evidence beyond...well, what is your evidence? What is your proof? That there MUST be an answer to the "why"? Why must there be a why? Have you asked yourself that one, you dumb cunt? Maybe it's just your narcissism thinking the whole of existence must have a satisfactory answer beyond just "because". Thinking that you, a fucking bag of water briefly help up by an agglomeration of calcium before turning into dust, and the 3 or so pounds of equally ephemereal grey matter encased in part of it, are more than what you appear to be is nothing more than wishful thinking?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2015, 03:30:45 pm »
+1
What is Dark Matter if not the admission of ignorance? We stumbled across something we cannot explain and we built a story around it. We called that story Dark Matter and at the moment it's a purely theoretical placeholder for an effect we don't fully understand.

*hypothetical placeholder

theoretical can be tested and disproved

I'm pretty fucking sure he knows a lot more than anyone in here about Neuroscience, pretty sure he was way more dogmatic about trying to disprove Spirituality with logic than anyone here - yet he changed his mind.

I WONDER WHY

"Oh you prove nothing by this point fuck you Bjord you fucking hippie lovin tree hugging po-mo cunt fucker shit druggie"

You guys crack me the fuck up, you're fucking terrible but at least you're funny. :D

So because he's an MD his dream is now reality? What kind of foolishness it this now. Is anything he claims actually supported by experiments?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2015, 03:34:22 pm »
+1

I WONDER WHY

What does his neuroscience background have to do with him experiencing a really good dream and believing in it? Did he back it up with neuroscience why it can't be a dream but must be true? No?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2015, 03:37:54 pm »
I really think some people don't get the concept of "falsifiability", a cornerstone of the scientific method. It's easy to vomit a bunch of vague bullshit when it's impossible to test the claims one way or the other.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2015, 03:40:21 pm »
It can never be disproven because whatever we eventually find, regardless of it's nature or state, will inevitably be given the name 'Dark Matter', just to prove ourselves right...

Yes, of course, just like the only reason we uncovered the atom is because we already had a term for it. Really atoms should be known as "aphmolgamites", their true name, but in our arrogance we gave them a term to "prove ourselves right". Holy shit what a fucking retard. So if/when we uncover the "god particle", we'll have uncovered God, right?

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2015, 03:42:01 pm »
I'm sorry you're so fucking stupid that you can't see how "skeptics" not willing to accept an unfalsifiable theory is enraging to you. Maybe you could use a bit more skepticism yourself, instead of swallowing vague, undefinable bullshit with no proof or evidence beyond...well, what is your evidence? What is your proof? That there MUST be an answer to the "why"? Why must there be a why? Have you asked yourself that one, you dumb cunt? Maybe it's just your narcissism thinking the whole of existence must have a satisfactory answer beyond just "because". Thinking that you, a fucking bag of water briefly help up by an agglomeration of calcium before turning into dust, and the 3 or so pounds of equally ephemereal grey matter encased in part of it, are more than what you appear to be is nothing more than wishful thinking?

Yes, my friend, it's called the soul and it is eternal - even shitcunts like yours'.

Now, go read Eckhart Tolle and Alan Watts - two great minds of our history, I recommend first of all beginning with The Power of Now.

Also this is by Einstein:

"To sense that behind everything that can be experienced there is something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense...I am a devoutly religious man."
-EINSTEIN THE FUCKING LEGEND

Fucking reptile.

What does his neuroscience background have to do with him experiencing a really good dream and believing in it? Did he back it up with neuroscience why it can't be a dream but must be true? No?

That's no small feat. You won't know until you're there, I guess. :)

So because he's an MD his dream is now reality? What kind of foolishness it this now. Is anything he claims actually supported by experiments?

I didn't say that, I just found it HIGHLY CURIOUS why a man of such a degree and education would change his mind after such an experience. Don't you? Well, I am not surprised but I do find it enthralling nonetheless.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2015, 03:43:30 pm »
Yes, of course, just like the only reason we uncovered the atom is because we already had a term for it. Really atoms should be known as "aphmolgamites", their true name, but in our arrogance we gave them a term to "prove ourselves right". Holy shit what a fucking retard. So if/when we uncover the "god particle", we'll have uncovered God, right?
No no Oberyn, don't you see, someone in the 17th century made a retarded theory about phlogiston (a theory that would never pass muster these days because it worked completely differently from how and what theories are supposed to work and explain these days before being accepted) so science is wrong!!!!!!!!111
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2015, 03:49:01 pm »
I didn't say that, I just found it HIGHLY CURIOUS why a man of such a degree and education would change his mind after such an experience. Don't you? Well, I am not surprised but I do find it enthralling nonetheless.

I don't find it weird. For one, he was Christian to begin with, and many people go crazy, much more so after experiences like that. Or maybe he's just trying to get cash from religious nuts who think this is actually true.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2015, 03:49:16 pm »
Ah, now we get to the crux of the issue. The "soul". So basically exactly what I started with, the idea of Dualism between mind/body, which you, like the stupid fucking cunt you are, whined as "misrepresenting" your ideas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondualism

Search for Tolle and Watts in that list, what do you find? Ooooooh, it's almost as if I had you pegged from the very beginning. Your fucking gurus ARE New Age bullshit. Holy shit you can't even recognize it.

http://www.eckharttolle.com/