Author Topic: Free energy already exists, we've been kept in the dark for over a century.  (Read 9374 times)

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
No. I pay a rent of 200 EUR per month. Unlimited water, internet and heating of the apartment is included.

Sweden is not only the richest country in the world. It's also the safest place in the world.
That's why everyone comes here. Around 100.000 have fled from Denmark to Sweden so far this year.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34602621  :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
You pay a rent to a landlord, who pays the utilities on your behalf, which makes the water not free, just included in the package that is the rent... I have the same, as do plenty of people. Someone still pays the company (public or not) that pumps and distributes the water...

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
What do you have against my story of the super-washingball, Bjord?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 871
  • Infamy: 2738
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
I'm not poor so I can afford paying 10 EUR per month for it.

How big is your place? That sounds awfully cheap, even cheaper than in Serbia and they say we have cheapest electricity in Europe. Ten euro electricity bill while having 1500 euro salary sounds too good to be true (here people pay 30 euro on average while having 250 euro monthly salary).

No. I pay a rent of 200 EUR per month. Unlimited water, internet and heating of the apartment is included.

That's fricken affordable.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2347
  • Infamy: 2435
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
The way Bjord throws around his superficial knowledge is frightening.

Bjord started this topic with intention to troll and he succeeded.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Sweden is not only the richest country in the world.

Not according to this list.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Cheap != free.
Ah, but what even is cheap? What even is free? You say "cheap" and you say "free", so you must know what they are. Certainly, there are things low in price, of little worth, but such a thing as "cheap" is nowhere to be found. So what does it mean to say "free"? Could that also not be said of something very cheap? One might be tempted to say that "free" exists as an idea, but if this idea refers to no physical thing in particular, how is it different than fictional ideas? Can we meaningfully and rigorously define such a thing? Here I should like to say, if we attempt to move from "free" to "very cheap", how can we ever reach the destination, when to get there, we would first have to move a small distance - figuratively speaking, you understand - towards the idea we must first get halfway to that small step, and in order to get halfway to the halfway, we must first get halfway to the halfway to the halfway, and so on. Therefore, it is impossible: we would have to travel an infinite number of distances in a finite amount of time. Quod erat demonstrandum, there is no meaningful difference between "free" and "very cheap."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
+1
I won't pretend to be anything more than rudimentarily informed on most of the concepts outlined...aside from the long back-n-forth about semantics. Even a jackass like me can understand that.

Anyway, since I have little real understanding of the scientific concepts here, apart from >100% efficiency being possible turns our accepted scientific worldview upside down, I'll bring something else up.

I find it very suspect that India of all places would find itself at the forefront of this research, obtaining a real breakthrough. I'm a geo-politic/military nerd, and the Indian armed services very often blantantly mis-represent and falsify joint-training exercise reports. Stuff like claiming their unmaintained MiG-29 monkey models absolutely sweeping the field of NATO hardware at K:Ds of 8:1 in exercises, while the other participants basically say "nah, India's just doing that thing they do again where they say they're the best for no reason"

I do have a problem completely dismissing anything out-of-hand that implies inaccuracy in current scientific theories, laws, or narrative. I mean, shit, we're not so damn clever that we couldn't have been morbidly wrong SOMEWHERE.

Instead it sits right there and at $29.99.

Careful Rhekimos, the most dedicated of conspiracy theorists will tell you that all the readily-available "AT THE LOW PRICE OF 19.95 IN THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES ONLY!!!" sorts of allegedly hidden or covered-up knowledge are works of disinformation, generated by the very Powers That Be (tm) that keep the real hidden knowledge for themselves.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
+4
One clarifying point I'd like to make:

Some of those "Free Energy" concepts have most of the time one thing in common. They generate a voltage out of nothing. You can do that. You can build some kind of weird circuit which will give you a voltage out of 'nothing'... air... radiation... whatever...
Let's assume you get 5V out of 'nothing'. You can measure that voltage... as soon as you do you'll probably see it drop a little tho. 4.9V left... still nice for a voltage out of 'nothing', right?
Now, a voltage alone doesn't do anything. Voltage is just some weird tension between 2 different electric loads. How do we actually use that voltage now?
I know! We can try to power something with it! Glorious idea... *pads his own shoulder* Let's do that and see what happens...
Hmm... what could we power with it?
Maybe we could charge our mobile phone? Gonna be slow but maybe we'll get somewhere. So, we connect our mobile to our circuitry.
Oh noes... for some reason our voltage is gone D:
The moment we connected our mobile to the circuit, the voltage dropped down to 0V! What happened?! :cry:

The thing is that creating the mentioned 'tension' between 2 electric loads is easy. But the unit, the way we measure energy, consists of 2 values. Voltage is the actually weaker of the 2 we need for power. The electric current is the bad boy motherfucker in this equation. That is the core of power.
Voltage describes the 'tension' between electric loads which are separated from each other by 'distance'.
Electric current describes the directed flow of electrons to equalize the separating distance we created before.

By common sense it's already obvious that a voltage is easier to obtain than a current, right? Rub a balloon on a woolen pullover and you create several hundred, even thousand volts. Easy... Can you charge your phone that way? Nope.

Reason is the amount of electrons which take part in the current. Those little buggers are quick. Like really fast.
You create 5V out of 'nothing' and have said 'tension'. Give those electrons the chance to equalize the tension and they are done doing so in a ns (nano second).
But what now? All the electrons we had on one side went over to the other side... and my shiny sweet voltage is gone.
Guess we have to start over again to get that 'tension', our voltage, back. Only that way we can get another current going. But... oh boy... we have to repeat that quite a lot of times, don't we? If we want something actually useful, we need to repeat that shit all the time. What a hassle!
Hmm... maybe if we force more electrons into the 'tension' we had before. And that constantly. Maybe if the wind rotates something and that rotation separates electrons and those electrons then flow as a current threw my mobile... oh my... we might be on to something here...
But wait, it ain't free any more, is it? Dang!

Didn't really clarify anything, did I? :lol: Oh well...

tl;dr:
"Free Energy" is a hoax because you can't do anything meaningful with it except impress halfwits.
You might wanna call wind and solar power 'free'... kinda... :P
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Around 100.000 have fled from Denmark to Sweden so far this year.

damn refugees. 
(click to show/hide)
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
+1
One clarifying point I'd like to make:

Some of those "Free Energy" concepts have most of the time one thing in common. They generate a voltage out of nothing. You can do that. You can build some kind of weird circuit which will give you a voltage out of 'nothing'... air... radiation... whatever...
Let's assume you get 5V out of 'nothing'. You can measure that voltage... as soon as you do you'll probably see it drop a little tho. 4.9V left... still nice for a voltage out of 'nothing', right?
Now, a voltage alone doesn't do anything. Voltage is just some weird tension between 2 different electric loads. How do we actually use that voltage now?
I know! We can try to power something with it! Glorious idea... *pads his own shoulder* Let's do that and see what happens...
Hmm... what could we power with it?
Maybe we could charge our mobile phone? Gonna be slow but maybe we'll get somewhere. So, we connect our mobile to our circuitry.
Oh noes... for some reason our voltage is gone D:
The moment we connected our mobile to the circuit, the voltage dropped down to 0V! What happened?! :cry:

The thing is that creating the mentioned 'tension' between 2 electric loads is easy. But the unit, the way we measure energy, consists of 2 values. Voltage is the actually weaker of the 2 we need for power. The electric current is the bad boy motherfucker in this equation. That is the core of power.
Voltage describes the 'tension' between electric loads which are separated from each other by 'distance'.
Electric current describes the directed flow of electrons to equalize the separating distance we created before.

By common sense it's already obvious that a voltage is easier to obtain than a current, right? Rub a balloon on a woolen pullover and you create several hundred, even thousand volts. Easy... Can you charge your phone that way? Nope.

Reason is the amount of electrons which take part in the current. Those little buggers are quick. Like really fast.
You create 5V out of 'nothing' and have said 'tension'. Give those electrons the chance to equalize the tension and they are done doing so in a ns (nano second).
But what now? All the electrons we had on one side went over to the other side... and my shiny sweet voltage is gone.
Guess we have to start over again to get that 'tension', our voltage, back. Only that way we can get another current going. But... oh boy... we have to repeat that quite a lot of times, don't we? If we want something actually useful, we need to repeat that shit all the time. What a hassle!
Hmm... maybe if we force more electrons into the 'tension' we had before. And that constantly. Maybe if the wind rotates something and that rotation separates electrons and those electrons then flow as a current threw my mobile... oh my... we might be on to something here...
But wait, it ain't free any more, is it? Dang!

Didn't really clarify anything, did I? :lol: Oh well...

tl;dr:
"Free Energy" is a hoax because you can't do anything meaningful with it except impress halfwits.
You might wanna call wind and solar power 'free'... kinda... :P

Luckily I'm just a bit hard on myself and I'm not so woefully uninformed that I don't know how electricity works in the slightest, but that actually was quite a good explanation, I think.

Maybe I just think you're cute, I don't know.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
curent is made of particles with - value like  free elektrons and ions

so you still need to create that from something, it is not made out of the ass magick

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven

Sweden is not only the richest country in the world. It's also the safest place in the world.
That's why everyone comes here. Around 100.000 have fled from Denmark to Sweden so far this year.

Fuck you.

£600 a month rent for me. Only includes gas and water so still have to pay council tax, electricity and internet.

That's for a 1 bed.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2176
  • Infamy: 156
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
The place in Wien I was staying at for a week was around 2000 euro per month. Of course I wasn't the one paying for that shit :lol:

Paying 200 euro with everything included is super cheap even by Serbian standard. Here I would have to pay 200 euro just to rent the damn place and on top of that 150-200 euro more for electricity, heating, water, TV, Internet...

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
yo those 200 euros Sound like a Student flat or community flat thing.  or a fraternity : )

grats tho, vry cool.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!