Author Topic: Infinity: Battlescape Kickstarter/Website + Videos  (Read 481 times)

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
Infinity: Battlescape Kickstarter/Website + Videos
« on: October 21, 2015, 05:02:23 pm »
+4
Infinity:Battlescape (or IBS), is an upcoming space sim being developed by Inovae Studios, who have spent the last decade building their engine from scratch and fleshing out the beginnings of their first game.  They just launched their Kickstarter campaign today which shows off some of their pre-alpha footage and explains in depth what IBS is all about.

For those of you unfamiliar with Inovae Studios, they're a small team of programmers and artists that have spent over a decade working on the inovae engine, initially so they could build a space sim mmo called Infinity: The Quest for Earth.  The funding never panned out and they never found anyone who wanted to license their engine so they decided to build their own game and launch a kickstarter.

Here's the KS trailer for IBS without the pitch at the end:

Vids:
(click to show/hide)

Screens here

I have personally been following this project for years and years and I'm very excited for their team to finally reach the KS stage.  As I've stated before, they've been working on their engine for many years and are trying to create a realistic game that utilizes Newtonian physics and procedural generation to make their worlds as seamless and true to nature as they can.  Right now, some of their assets are pretty rough but that will change as soon as they get the funding they need.  There aren't nearly enough space sims out there that are actually good and if this game is successfully funded, we may be looking at a future MMO based off of this engine (an exciting prospect, no doubt).

Click here for a new recorded Twitch stream.

Update 22-10-2015: They raised 25% of their goal in 24 hours.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:17:15 am by Tagora »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 416
  • Infamy: 1517
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity: Battlescape Kickstarter/Website + Videos
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 05:34:26 pm »
+1
I've been following this project since 2002. Glad they finally came to point to release working game. Skinny guy in video is project spokesperson, manager, leader etc. Chubby guy is brain behind all this tech.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 07:17:35 pm »
+2
dat French accent

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2149
  • Infamy: 1362
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 11:08:17 pm »
It would be super awesome if they add first person mode (Kafein doesn't approve of this message) and living world generation like in No Man's Sky (foliage and animal kingdom is that game are superb).

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:59:52 am »
It would be super awesome if they add first person mode (Kafein doesn't approve of this message) and living world generation like in No Man's Sky (foliage and animal kingdom is that game are superb).

You mean like walking on planets and interacting with flora/fauna?  I'm not sure if that would be best for IBS but it would be a whole other story for the MMO.  I could totally see that in another game they do later.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s