Author Topic: Congratulations HCE!  (Read 5338 times)

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Re: Congratulations HCE!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 04:40:59 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 06:24:19 am »
"The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire."-Voltaire

"The Holy Shitan Empire is neither Holy, nor Shitan, nor an Empire."-Shitaire

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 05:16:28 pm »
+1
Two things about gear bugging.
1. If there are a few sets of gear you still qualify for the free peasant gear. Not sure how the numbers work but I did have a battle where I had no weapons and 5 plate armor and still received the peasant gear.
2. There really is no way to prove that anyone gear bugged or that someone masterminded the whole plan to do so.

This. Don't know what Acre is doing but somehow we had zero gear in our fiefs as well when we fought them. Even rank10s would see nothing in the fief and still we didn't receive any free peasant gear to fight with. Not sure if Strat is bugged or Acre just figured out a way to abuse the system, but previously we've seen that as mcdeath said above, that even if you put a couple of plates in, fiefs receive free gear for the rest of the population.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 05:45:20 pm »
This. Don't know what Acre is doing but somehow we had zero gear in our fiefs as well when we fought them. Even rank10s would see nothing in the fief and still we didn't receive any free peasant gear to fight with. Not sure if Strat is bugged or Acre just figured out a way to abuse the system, but previously we've seen that as mcdeath said above, that even if you put a couple of plates in, fiefs receive free gear for the rest of the population.

As I said:
Trade goods in fief count as gear.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »
As I said:
Trade goods in fief count as gear.

We took them out few hours before the attack ofc when we took the gear out as well. I didn't know that trade goods count as gear, but then it's fairly obvious that the army attacking us bugged our castles because scared of 1000 angry EU peasants would easily rekking the mighty HCE.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4905 <-This is the battle I'm sure we had no goods in
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4883 <-This we are not a 100% certain as we had not entered it in a while. Still I doubt anyone accidently dropped goods in our fiefs...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:59:09 pm by Mr.K. »

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »
Regardless of the arguments about gear bugging, I am sad to see the the war get "dirty" via use of raiding tactics.  Back in the olds days when Bryggan was still the Emperor,  and wars were waged with a sense of civility, raiding was strictly prohibited by both sides. Mithrim has always honored this ancient agreement and urged its allies to do so as well. It was a necessary once, when relatively few players held many fiefs and garrisoning each one was nigh impossible. It seems though, that HCE has forgotten that they too once were in this situation, and also benefited from the ban on raiding. Not only that, now they brag about their actions. This will be considered as Mithrim weighs its future relations with HCE.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 06:38:55 pm »
Actually, if anything, blame EU for raids.

They basically said: We raid or we get good battle times(Or we attack and make battles shit for everyone we can)

Happy that raiding is back. Teach people to manage lands and faction correctly. Keep on raiding.

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 06:45:49 pm »
+3
Regardless of the arguments about gear bugging, I am sad to see the the war get "dirty" via use of raiding tactics.  Back in the olds days when Bryggan was still the Emperor,  and wars were waged with a sense of civility, raiding was strictly prohibited by both sides. Mithrim has always honored this ancient agreement and urged its allies to do so as well. It was a necessary once, when relatively few players held many fiefs and garrisoning each one was nigh impossible. It seems though, that HCE has forgotten that they too once were in this situation, and also benefited from the ban on raiding. Not only that, now they brag about their actions. This will be considered as Mithrim weighs its future relations with HCE.

Truly the "Dark Age" of Crpg has arrived upon us. Cleanse your souls while you can and prepare for final judgment.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:50:39 pm by xxkaliboyx »
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 06:48:11 pm »
+1

What are you on about? EUs have raided zero times, even though it's standard practice on our side of the map and imo a perfectly viable strategy.

All this hypocrisy is ridiculous. Acre couldn't control their fiefs so they convinced everyone not to raid them. Now that they no longer have any fiefs they are happy to start raiding again. It's the same as it was with their anti-euro lobbying. Mid 2014 they were more than happy to welcome us to fight with them on NA and had been trading with us since the beginning of this Strat. Now when we attacked them instead it was another story.

Call it roleplay or whatever, but I can not respect people that do or say whatever gives them the advantage.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2015, 07:14:21 pm »

My battle was taking my gear back after the servers bugged and I lost my siege, same with Allram's battle (except that they reinforced, ninja rostered as we knew they would, but got no support from anyone on NA because raid). The Turks battle I think was a mistake which is why they changed to a raid, but I'm not sure. The Eques battle was prolly changed to raid because it's fucking 5-6AM otherwise for us... I'd guess they put any received gear back in to the fief though.

We have not used raiding as a tactic - not once. We were told we'd lose our NA roster support if we did.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2015, 07:29:51 pm »
+5
At the time the "no raiding" issue was brought up there were a lot of factions who had more land than they could manage properly. it has nothing to do with managing a fief "correctly". Not raiding simply made it easier to have real battles and not make it a game of cat and mouse trying to raid castle and take castle you couldn't hold in the first place. Kinda like playing in a waste land.

Again, this was due to there being an all-time low player base and many factions going AFK all at once. Perhaps things are changing and there are enough people to warrant bringing raiding back as a viable tactic. But that's a discussion that can certainly be had. Breaking said ban suddenly when it is of benefit is a different story.

Also what Mr. K says is true. I know Mithrim at least told blackbird that if they raided they wouldn't get our support.

They basically said: We raid or we get good battle times(Or we attack and make battles shit for everyone we can)

Happy that raiding is back. Teach people to manage lands and faction correctly. Keep on raiding.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »
+1
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4551
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4648
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4556
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4496

All started by EU, after nearly 2 months of no Raid NA side.
(here's the first EU battle of importance:
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4477)

funny. all those battles u listed were fail attacks. In ahmerrad we fucking gave the gear back we got. The turk battles was a fail enter of a village. The kalmar one was after the server was frozen. They simply wanted they gear back, hce ghost rostered them and ran away with the gear. So fucking ridiculous what u wrote there.

Oh and our 3 sieges of Bardaq castle? Which could have been easily just one? Like, those were the first attacks u tard.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 08:14:20 pm »
funny. all those battles u listed were fail attacks. In ahmerrad we fucking gave the gear back we got. The turk battles was a fail enter of a village. The kalmar one was after the server was frozen. They simply wanted they gear back, hce ghost rostered them and ran away with the gear. So fucking ridiculous what u wrote there.

Oh and our 3 sieges of Bardaq castle? Which could have been easily just one? Like, those were the first attacks u tard.

You quit harder than bonesaw mass DoWing Everyone in strat 4. I could easily search the post that I just did about 1 week ago detailing how you threatened RAIDS or else give better battle times. So, yes, you started it, because "NA wouldn't bend over for me!!! WAH!!"

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 08:18:19 pm »
At the time the "no raiding" issue was brought up there were a lot of factions who had more land than they could manage properly. it has nothing to do with managing a fief "correctly". Not raiding simply made it easier to have real battles and not make it a game of cat and mouse trying to raid castle and take castle you couldn't hold in the first place. Kinda like playing in a waste land.

Again, this was due to there being an all-time low player base and many factions going AFK all at once. Perhaps things are changing and there are enough people to warrant bringing raiding back as a viable tactic. But that's a discussion that can certainly be had. Breaking said ban suddenly when it is of benefit is a different story.

Also what Mr. K says is true. I know Mithrim at least told blackbird that if they raided they wouldn't get our support.

Seems like a viable tactic, but as a casual strat player I didn't know about the raiding ban.  Probably should be discussed as a viable option between the warring party leaders (or just assume it's back on the table if it can't be discussed). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy