Author Topic: Horse-bumping  (Read 611 times)

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
Horse-bumping
« on: May 27, 2011, 03:21:36 am »
Why do we put up with this horse-bumping nonsense?
Seriously, I'm tired of being bumped by not only enemies, but careless teammates. Right as I'm about to strike or dodge, some teammate riding a courser comes up from behind and not only bumps me but steals my kill.
Realistically horses, even most chargers, can't just nonchalantly run into a person and come out with a slight reduction in speed, especially if that person is wearing mail or plate. So, why not implement some damage to the horse that runs over you as well as yourself? It would not only improve gameplay but also realism. I am not looking for something that would kill the horse, but maybe take away 1 fourth of it's total health, which to me is still very generous.  As for the beginning of the match, there would be a grace period to let the cavalry ride out without damaging the horse if they hit teammates, maybe 20 seconds or so.

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Horse-bumping
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:52:13 am »
How about instead of a flat 1/4 of the horse's health the horse takes the same amount of damage (allowing for reductions due to armor) as the person hit by the horse takes.  Fair and balanced, and gives a larger incentive to use the heavier armored horses.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:39:31 pm by Damug »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 04:01:03 am »
cRPG has armoured horses  :?:   :shock:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:57 am »
crpg has armoured horses but u cant see much because their feedstuff is gold  :mrgreen:

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:49:16 pm »
crpg has armoured horses but u cant see much because their feedstuff is gold  :mrgreen:
Yeah, armored horses would take dramatically less damage and slow down less.
I'm talking more about the unarmored horses, as you said horse tanks are very rare.

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 09:58:41 pm »
I think dealing the same amount of damage to the horse as the player who got bumped got is a good idea. (however, reduced by the amount of armor the horse has ofcourse) Just so you know, Im a cavalry player. This would make it possible to bump with the horse in emergenices (like to save a teammate from being killed), but not as a weapon.

An other thing about horse bumping, I think that bumpslashing should be impossible to do. When the horse gets damaged (from bumping) the player shouldnt be able to strike for a short time. (simulating the horse flinching due to the damage, and the player holding on to avoid getting thrown off)

Both bumping and bumpslashing are cheap tricks. If this is fixed there might be less whine about cavalry too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login