4 (5.7%)
Sigma Male
9 (12.9%)
I'm an intelligent 4channer. Ill fokkin doxx u m8. Cum at me
15 (21.4%)
Beta Male
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)  (Read 28423 times)

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
Re: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2015, 01:30:46 am »
+1
No, are you?

If firearms became illegal overnight, do you think criminals would just keep on acting as before? No, obviously not. Around here if I see a person carrying any firearm and who doesn't look like a cop or soldier I'm calling the police.

I hope you're being facetious.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2015, 02:32:43 am »
+1
Jesus Christ you are retarded.
Now, is that nice? Guy was crucified already, do you need to call him a retard too?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2015, 02:40:09 am »
Jesus Christ you are retarded.

Because it's not legit to call the freaking police when a man is walking near of a crowded place with a loaded firearm, right ? I'm starting to get why there are so many shootings now, it's not the fault of firearms indeed, but simply americans I guess.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2015, 02:55:58 am »
+1
You know you can use an AK rifle with a shorter barrel and/or no stock, right ?

Something like this would be extremely easy to conceal, and can still be called an assault rifle in my opinion.

On my side, I'm happy to know that there is a little chance for me to get shot down at uni or anywhere outside the dangerous zones like Marseille, simply because it's illegal to own an assault rifle, and there are heavy restrictions on owning a weapon like a 9mm pistol.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/22/europe/france-train-shooting-americans-overpower/

btw youre welcome..........

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2015, 03:07:03 am »
Even if the red line between terrorists and simple psychopaths is quite small, not giving psychos easy ways to purchase guns legally save people. What you've been linking is a terrorist that got his guns in Belgium, and obviously, not a complete psychopath like these guys that are shooting in schools with weapons they bought recently from legal gun stores in America.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2015, 03:09:51 am »
+2
Because it's not legit to call the freaking police when a man is walking near of a crowded place with a loaded firearm, right ? I'm starting to get why there are so many shootings now, it's not the fault of firearms indeed, but simply americans I guess.

Do you think criminals walk around carrying AK47s and waving around their guns?
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 06, 2015, 04:41:43 am »
+3
Guns are not the problem.

United States' homicide rate per 100,000 inhabitants is 4,7. Russia's is 10,2, even though handguns are completely prohibited and long guns are strongly restricted.

4,7 is a high number compared to European countries: it is, however, an average gotten from 50 states with wildly varying homicide rates. Hawaii has 0,5 (half of Western Europe's average) and Louisiana has 10,54 (slightly higher than Russia) - and the average is gotten from these and the other 48 less extreme states.

Hawaii does not have a problem with violence, Louisiana does. To get relevant numbers, one mustn't look at the United States on the whole, but as it is: an union of different states, cultures and  people.

Switzerland has one of the most liberal gun policies of Western Europe, and yet one of the smallest homicide rates: 0,7. In the United Kingdom, all handguns and semi-automatic rifles are illegal, but its rate (1,2) is distinctly bigger.

United States has 89 firearms per one hundred citizens, and 3,2 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants are committed with those. Mexico has 15 firearms per hundred citizens, but 22,7 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants are committed with those.

The facts are that the presence of firearms does not have an effect on the amount of homicides, only on how they are committed.

The homicide rates per state are as follows:

(click to show/hide)

The north-east and west are the most peaceful, the mid-west a bit more restless, and the south the most violent by a good margin. 43,6% of murders were committed in the south (15 states).

Out of 17-29 year-olds, there are twice more black victims than white.

Now, is there a correlation between gun laws and homicides?

In Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming, you can carry a loaded gun both openly and concealed without a permit. These states receive six stars (******).

After those come states in which open carry is unrestricted, but concealed carry requires a permit that officials have to issue: Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Montana, South Dakota, Kentucky, Virginia, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Maine, North Carolina. They receive five stars (*****).

Third, states where you need a permit for open carry, and concealed carry is "shall-issue." (A Shall-Issue jurisdiction is one that requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun, but where the granting of such permits is subject only to meeting determinate criteria laid out in the law; the granting authority has no discretion in the awarding of the permits, and there is no requirement of the applicant to demonstrate "good cause".): Utah, North Dakota, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Connecticut and Delaware. These receive four stars (****).

Fourth, states where open carry requires a permit, and concealed carry is "may-issue": Massachusetts and Rhode Island. These receive three stars. (***).

Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina and Florida are "shall-issue" states where open carry is not permitted. They receive two stars. (**).

California and New York are "may-issue" states that do not permit open carry. Hawaii, Maryland and New Jersey completely disallow concealed carry, but give permits for open carry. These receive one star. (*).

Illinois and District of Columbia completely ban both concealed and open carry, and do not receive a single star. States with an "assault weapon ban" also receive a minus (-).

(click to show/hide)

As we can see, finding a clear correlation is difficult. Both the most peaceful state Hawaii and the murder capital Washington DC have harsh gun laws in effect.

In conclusion, gun laws do not seem to have any effect on homicide rates in the United States. The same correlation can be seen internationally.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2015, 05:00:51 am »
No, are you?

If firearms became illegal overnight, do you think criminals would just keep on acting as before? No, obviously not. Around here if I see a person carrying any firearm and who doesn't look like a cop or soldier I'm calling the police.

"No I'm not, what are you?"  You make a great 12 year old debater.

Do you think criminals carry weapons in plain sight?  Do you think they display them until they intend to use them? 
Of course they would not keep acting as before, they would become emboldened.  They would be the only civilians with firearms. By the way, it is already illegal for criminals to possess firearms.  Does that prevent them from possessing them?  No it does not. Gun laws and bans only affect law respecting citizens, not criminals, who by definition, don't respect the law.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2015, 05:14:34 am »

It's moronic to suppose that these mass murderers are openly displaying their arsenals before they start to open fire.  Read any of the accounts and you will see that they conceal them until they begin to murder.  Are you calling the cops on every person with a back pack or gym bag or who is not naked?

By the way, in the state where I live it is perfectly legal to carry an loaded weapon openly as well as concealed.  The police, if called, by a panicky citizen will come to investigate and then go on their way.  I don't advocate open carry, it just needlessly stirs up the nervous nellys.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:33 am »
Guns are not the problem.

United States' homicide rate per 100,000 inhabitants is 4,7. Russia's is 10,2, even though handguns are completely prohibited and long guns are strongly restricted.

4,7 is a high number compared to European countries: it is, however, an average gotten from 50 states with wildly varying homicide rates. Hawaii has 0,5 (half of Western Europe's average) and Louisiana has 10,54 (slightly higher than Russia) - and the average is gotten from these and the other 48 less extreme states.

Hawaii does not have a problem with violence, Louisiana does. To get relevant numbers, one mustn't look at the United States on the whole, but as it is: an union of different states, cultures and  people.

Switzerland has one of the most liberal gun policies of Western Europe, and yet one of the smallest homicide rates: 0,7. In the United Kingdom, all handguns and semi-automatic rifles are illegal, but its rate (1,2) is distinctly bigger.

United States has 89 firearms per one hundred citizens, and 3,2 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants are committed with those. Mexico has 15 firearms per hundred citizens, but 22,7 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants are committed with those.

The facts are that the presence of firearms does not have an effect on the amount of homicides, only on how they are committed.

The homicide rates per state are as follows:

(click to show/hide)

The north-east and west are the most peaceful, the mid-west a bit more restless, and the south the most violent by a good margin. 43,6% of murders were committed in the south (15 states).

Out of 17-29 year-olds, there are twice more black victims than white.

Now, is there a correlation between gun laws and homicides?

In Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming, you can carry a loaded gun both openly and concealed without a permit. These states receive six stars (******).

After those come states in which open carry is unrestricted, but concealed carry requires a permit that officials have to issue: Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Montana, South Dakota, Kentucky, Virginia, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Maine, North Carolina. They receive five stars (*****).

Third, states where you need a permit for open carry, and concealed carry is "shall-issue." (A Shall-Issue jurisdiction is one that requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun, but where the granting of such permits is subject only to meeting determinate criteria laid out in the law; the granting authority has no discretion in the awarding of the permits, and there is no requirement of the applicant to demonstrate "good cause".): Utah, North Dakota, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Connecticut and Delaware. These receive four stars (****).

Fourth, states where open carry requires a permit, and concealed carry is "may-issue": Massachusetts and Rhode Island. These receive three stars. (***).

Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina and Florida are "shall-issue" states where open carry is not permitted. They receive two stars. (**).

California and New York are "may-issue" states that do not permit open carry. Hawaii, Maryland and New Jersey completely disallow concealed carry, but give permits for open carry. These receive one star. (*).

Illinois and District of Columbia completely ban both concealed and open carry, and do not receive a single star. States with an "assault weapon ban" also receive a minus (-).

(click to show/hide)

As we can see, finding a clear correlation is difficult. Both the most peaceful state Hawaii and the murder capital Washington DC have harsh gun laws in effect.

In conclusion, gun laws do not seem to have any effect on homicide rates in the United States. The same correlation can be seen internationally.

Gun violence causes tighter gun laws, not the other way around.

Gun laws and bans only affect law respecting citizens, not criminals, who by definition, don't respect the law.

That's what I'm arguing about. By the same logic, speed limits have no influence on bad drivers. It turns out they do because law enforcement is a thing that exists.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2015, 09:42:11 am »
Guns laws probably wouldn't help as much with gang-related deaths, which are (as far as my knowledge goes) the majority in the US, as those people already have ways to illegaly attain guns and have probably been mostly using the illegal way to get them so far.

It would however help with these mental cases shooting up a school, as most of them probably got the guns legally, since they weren't crime doers before.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2015, 05:45:31 pm »
Gun problems? Nope we have a people problem right? RIGHT?

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/boy-11-shoots-girl-8-dead-because-she-wouldnt-show-him-her-new-puppies-31585745.html

Well, yes, that would be a people problem over a gun problem.
If the shotgun were kept locked in a safe with a trigger lock on and the ammunition stored separately, this wouldn't have happened.
What would you say if the kid walked into the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and stabbed the girl to death?
Would we have a knife problem?