Author Topic: Patch notes/just give us a general idea?  (Read 11746 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Traitors
  • Game nicks: Dekkers_the_Traitor
Re: Patch notes/just give us a general idea?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »
Does anyone have an idea of when it will be released then?

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2015, 03:35:31 pm »
Like, Im fine with the changes, still I expected a nerf of the throwing lance (dont make throwing things useable in melee at all!!!!!!)

And why dafuq would anybody say cav is too op? Like the hp of the horses should be extremely buffed. If a normal 2H hero can get 4 arrows from me (27 21 and +3 longbow) Why would a fucking horse die after 3? Last weekend I tried the first time archer. At all. I did 180 points on the third map I played. And Im actually not really good at it lol, it's damn funny, but still Im just a gay my old friendcher shooting horses and dismounting a plated charger within 5 arrows.

I played now every class in this game, and the easiert BY FAR is archer. Still it depends on the map like with every class, but hell, that bullshit is op

Offline Dekkers

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Traitors
  • Game nicks: Dekkers_the_Traitor
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2015, 03:51:09 pm »
+6
I think what they should do with throwing lances, what they did to muskets in NW which is simply putting a small timer on swapping from ranged (shooting/throwing) to melee and vice versa - this simply makes it impossible to abuse the switching animation, which atm is quite an issue in my opinion as no other weapon can really do it like that.

That is just my opinion though, I can imagine that some people like it the way it is.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 04:59:12 pm »
+1
Does anyone have an idea of when it will be released then?

Today is my bet but chadz/CMP have to push the button so maybe not haha

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2015, 05:10:24 pm »
+2
I played now every class in this game, and the easiert BY FAR is archer. Still it depends on the map like with every class, but hell, that bullshit is op

well ofc if u keep hiding in a bush during all round like an xbower it's easy, where is the fun ?
archery have mobility so use it play like a man !! not like a russian camper =p

sadly last change on power draw made by tydeus are pushing all archers to camp and play at long range ...
archers those days are just xbowers with higher speed rating .... :'(
i rly miss old good archers with balls like tenne and others ...

and to be honest i'm playing a lot as inf atm in big heavy armor and i found it rly much easier and stressless than archer...
unlike archer i dont have all kind of class trying to hunt my ass, i became the hunter =p

and the most funny part is when i can run faster as tincan than a naked archer carrying bow and arrows because he need to have 27 or 30 str to be efficient ...

I think what they should do with throwing lances, what they did to muskets in NW which is simply putting a small timer on swapping from ranged (shooting/throwing) to melee and vice versa - this simply makes it impossible to abuse the switching animation, which atm is quite an issue in my opinion as no other weapon can really do it like that.

That is just my opinion though, I can imagine that some people like it the way it is.

well why not, other ranged have to switch to their melee weapons and it take much more time  than switch mod on throwing weapons
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 05:13:53 pm by blackbow »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »
+6
A) Still not sure who thinks heavy cav needs a nerf as opposed to their lighter counterparts (not saying light cav needs a nerf, they are simply better than heavy cav atm is all).

B) Since 2handers are getting their good stab back, can someone please look at the polearm stab now? It's the only stab in the game where you basically have to wiggle stab in order to hit someone without glancing. Idk why the devs would have ever implemented something like that which requires game-breaking abuse to work properly, but they did.

C) I don't even get how making the arb 3 slots is even a nerf. Sure it might not let the non-dedicated 2h/polearm heroes use it anymore (unless they use a 1 slot 2h or pole), but the problem has always been that anyone playing with a dedicated crossbow build has too effective of a melee build in addition to their ranged prowess. If they see someone getting close they just drop their crossbow and are now a agi swashbuckler with maybe 80-100 less wpf than a dedicated agi swashbuckler, and anyone who knows how to melee can easily work around this by just using their superior agi-given footwork. Heck, making the crossbows 4 slots wouldn't even solve this issue since there are way too many good 0 slot 1handers. 0 slot used to mean "shitty thing used almost only for blocking" and yet now we've got great weapons like the grosses messer, broad short sword, and several good maces being 0 slot.

Just my $0.02

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2015, 08:02:45 pm »
I don't think they mean "heavy cav" when they say top tier horses, I think it's the horses with the highest riding requirements, so arabian and courser, the two most used "light" cav, will probably be hit as well.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »
+2
I don't think they mean "heavy cav" when they say top tier horses, I think it's the horses with the highest riding requirements, so arabian and courser, the two most used "light" cav, will probably be hit as well.

No, top tier is the heavy armored horses. Cavs require a rework like many other items in the mod but atm, Nashringa is working on game mechanics. We can't change items and mechanics at the same time because modifying one would change the second. Maybe next patchs gonna have items nerf / buff but not this one, only some tweaks.

Be patient ;)

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2015, 08:15:01 pm »
+1

Ah, good point. I always kinda assume top tier in this game means "most expensive" but yeah it can definitely mean as the word implies, "the best." That said, increasing the weight on top tier weapons can only make plenty of them more OP, as they will either crushthrough more frequently, resist crushthrough more frequently, or hitstun more frequently... high weight is a good thing more often than not.

Edit in response to Matt's reply:

Wait... so from what I've gathered, this patch going to nerf the bad things, and buff the already strong things?  :?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »
+1

By heavy cavalry he means like the top 6 horses on the list.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2015, 08:21:17 pm »
By heavy cavalry he means like the top 6 horses on the list.

You mean by price on the shop list?

Meaning:
Plated Charger
Mamluk Horse
Charger
Cataphract Horse
Eastern Warhorse
Large Warhorse

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 08:26:38 pm »
I could be wrong but I've talked to dupre about it and those are the horses he listed.

EDIT: I was wrong; I've miss quoted dupre he said "4 horses" so the top 4 in that list you've constructed Obyern.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:31:58 pm by Nightingale »

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »
+1
No, top tier is the heavy armored horses. Cavs require a rework like many other items in the mod but atm, Nashringa is working on game mechanics. We can't change items and mechanics at the same time because modifying one would change the second. Maybe next patchs gonna have items nerf / buff but not this one, only some tweaks.

Be patient ;)

Good to see the heavy horses that the best cav players widely acknowledge aren't even worth using are getting nerfed. I, too, felt that 3 arrows into a running Plated Charger was far too much effort to take it down.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 08:42:00 pm »
+1
Wait... so from what I've gathered, this patch going to nerf the bad things, and buff the already strong things?  :?

I say nothing about buff.

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 08:51:24 pm »
Well matt says there are probably further changes in the works, but taken on it's own the nerf of the heaviest of horses along with the removal of the HA damage cap doesn't make much sense. Those poor lumbering bastards won't stand a chance.