Author Topic: Mouse and Keyboard  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse and Keyboard
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 03:00:32 pm »
+1
https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/basic-optical-mouse

That's my mouse, the scroll wheel is broken and i have disabled it in warband, or it randomly changes shield/weapon when I'm playing even if I don't touch it.
Mine is greyish/whiteish.

This is my mouse pad
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 2463
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 03:01:44 pm »
wait....all of you saying steelseries are shit...bought this http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Kinzu-Optical-Gaming-Rubberized/dp/B007AP8RJ4 for like 25 euros and i will never change this , those weird looking logitech mouses with 192823737 buttons are not for me.
I can stand this http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Intellimouse-Explorer-Gaming-Package/dp/B000GOUE7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1442664694&sr=1-1&keywords=microsoft+intellimouse+3.0 , maybe i am too old for those swag mouse out there but tell me a reason why are you all bashing steelseries.
Ok the brand is popular in the gaming scene , like cs but unlike razer it doesn't have very expensive mouse , the quality is quite good , really don't know why you so mad about it :/

Quality is decent because you have been lucky. It is like buying Saitek joysticks. You can get a good one and be happy with it but many people will get crap for the same price. Because quality control is not the best.

SteelSeries is basically gamer oriented brand that popped out of nowhere who make copies of legendary Intellimouse you also linked. That is whole their business, same look as MS IM 3.0 but different button placement, sensors etc.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 03:34:00 pm »
+1
That's my mouse, the scroll wheel is broken and i have disabled it in warband, or it randomly changes shield/weapon when I'm playing even if I don't touch it.
Mine is greyish/whiteish.

This is my mouse pad
(click to show/hide)

Mouse bros!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 03:39:13 pm »
I have quite  a lot of Steelseries stuff and I've never had a problem with any of it. My Sensei is about 4 years old now and occasionally sticks on the side button but that's from dirt.

Before Steelseries I had a few Razer products and they worked really well for 6 months, like amazing stuff. Then 6 months later the tracking will go and it'll drag the wrong direction, Razer refused to warranty so fuck them. Also really expensive.

Before that I had some mid-low Logitech stuff which went the same was as Razer just at about 1/3 the cost. I did however have an MX310 (I think) for about 5 years which was amazing.

I've heard really good stuff about Corsair's peripheral range and since their hardware is great I'd definitely give them a look.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 03:44:28 pm »
You don't need a good mouse for M&B, obviously. You only need a good one if you want to be good in FPS games.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 03:51:56 pm »
Only fps I've played lately has been RO2 and I do ok in that. Not exactly twitchy competitive fps, maybe. But even warband is kind of an fps. I think being comfortable with the mouse, regardless of how many objective technical advantages it may or may not have, is more important than anything. Then there's inherent/learned player skill. If you are naturally terrible or just new, there's no number of technical boosts that will surmount that lack.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 03:53:52 pm »
Agreed, get something that's a good size and weight for you without crazy numbers of buttons. Also fuck sideways scrolling wheels what's that all about. And braided cables rather than the plastic so it doesn't catch as much.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 03:56:41 pm »
Only fps I've played lately has been RO2 and I do ok in that. Not exactly twitchy competitive fps, maybe. But even warband is kind of an fps. I think being comfortable with the mouse, regardless of how many objective technical advantages it may or may not have, is more important than anything. Then there's inherent/learned player skill. If you are naturally terrible or just new, there's no number of technical boosts that will surmount that lack.
As long as your mouse can pick up up, down, left and right it will be fine for M&B, not comparable to real FPS games at all.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
I recently bought keyboard + mouse. Without any real clue. Did some research and randomly ended up with Steelseries with black mx keys and  Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime . Works nice imo. Not really tested them for anything real yet.

I wanted mechanical keys and both wired. Have had rechargable and wireless before. Do not like it. Suddenly they crap out at the worst possible time.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:05:46 pm by Torost »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 06:12:04 pm »
Roccat Kone is my favourite mouse, my first one lasted for seven years and I only replaced it with a newer version because I'd accidentally scrubbed off some coating when cleaning it.

It's a very comfortable mouse for both claw, palm and fingertip grip, it's highly programmable, has nylon cord, adjustable weight, a very good scroll wheel and a nice rubber surface. German quality overall.

http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Mice/Kone-XTD-Series/Kone-XTD/

In regards to keyboard I prefer a very cheap Logitech standard keyboard, great for writing, looks good and performs as good as the ridiculous 'gamer' keyboard I once bought.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 06:48:59 pm »
I have a roccat savu for quite some time now and I am more than happy with it.

Buttons still work well with nice response and not so loud like some logitech I had. I have fairly large hands still I hate those big mice, this feels exactly right for me. The sensor is more than enough for all my needs and it has a reasonable price, really recommend it.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 07:06:35 pm »
Roccat in general makes solid products, much better ergonomics and build quality than anything I've seen from Razer and at the same price. I think it is a worthwhile investment to put a bit of money into something you use for hours near every single day, and which will last for years.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:10:50 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Kasigi_Yabu

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norr_of_Nordvegr, Tiger Mountain Peasant
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 09:49:25 pm »
The topic seems to be focused on the gaming side.
My current mouse is this Gigabyte Mouse
I bought it as part of a keyboard and mouse set. It is really bad, terrible connection sometimes, eats batteries up really fast and does not feel very comfortable.
Therefore my main focus is to get something comfortable with a nice material, long lasting. It just needs to be good enough to play M&B and similar, not something with loads of extra buttons, maybe only a few.
So overall a good quality mouse that is comfortable and good for standard gaming.

Thanks
(click to show/hide)

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 12:14:07 am »
I recommended the Kone xtd for build quality and comfort especially, I don't need any of those fluff features either. It's ergonomics, durability and nice rubber coating were the selling points for me. But you won't know if a mouse suits you before you've gripped it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:24:54 am by Angantyr »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:43 am »
Keyboardwise, never noticed any real difference between gaming and "normal" keyboards, aside from some admittedly useful gimmicks, like locking the windows key with a button, etc.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:37:29 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.