Author Topic: Mouse and Keyboard  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Kasigi_Yabu

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norr_of_Nordvegr, Tiger Mountain Peasant
Mouse and Keyboard
« on: September 18, 2015, 09:53:26 pm »
I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard.

For the Mouse I want something that has good ergonomics and good for general use/gaming
So far I've found:
SteelSeries Sensei Raw  and
Cooler Master Mizar

Both are around £40. If I could have suggestions for similar mice, preferably cheaper that would be great.

For the keyboard something in a similar price range of £40 or under would be great. Ideally a keyboard that has quiet keys, is good for gaming and has extra keys for use of volume, skip, play ect.
Thanks for any help :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1093
  • Infamy: 2999
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse and Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 10:04:47 pm »
+1
Ignore ShitSeries. Buy yourself this. There are other great mice from Logitech such as MX Performance, MX Master, Marathon M705, G602. Marathon M705 and MX Performance aren't best suited for gaming, but on G700s, G602 and MX Master you won't notice any lag.

ShitSeries is what Beats used to be for headphones. Brand popular among gamers for no good reason. Premium price but average quality.

But it is best to go to nearby store where you can try them out for size. That is very important.

Edit: As for keyboard, no idea really. I'm using old Logitech split keyboard (for ergonomics). Have trouble using normal keyboard for typing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:08:42 pm by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 1727
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:08:19 pm »
Corsair Vengeance M65 is also good computer mouse. Forgot to mention it. Razer are also good but seems to be expensive because of brand value. Fact is, their build quality isn't better than Logitech.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 11:50:38 pm »
+1
My brother has one of the Logitech 700 series mouse that Leshma linked, I've used it a few times and it is very comfortable and I like it a lot.

The Cooler Master one looks nice from pictures, I didn't know they made mice.

My personal mouse is a Dell OEM office desktop mouse from ~2005 or so, the paint is completely worn off the buttons and the scroll wheel is worn down to smoothness as well. I like it better than the $70 Razr mouse I had before it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 12:51:28 am »
I would also recommend the Logitech 700s as well. I had one for about 2 years spilled a drink on it and didn't research to find out that you need to remove the battery before trying to wash it lol and I ruined it. Logitech sent me another one no charge as it was still under the 3 year warranty, didn't even need to send the broke one back to them (wasn't a paid warranty either, I bought the square trade insurance and didn't even need it lol).

I recently bought a Logitech g502 proteus core but its not as comfortable as my g700s as it seems really small and I have small hands too so I returned it back to Fry's (was on sale for $40). Wish it was bigger.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 01:06:10 am »
+2
SteelSeries is shit.

I've had pretty much every gaming mouse, and Mionix Avior 7000 is the only mouse that has had a good enough sensor to keep up with me. Great mouse. The materials feel "solid" too, as opposed to the cheap Chinese plastic pretty much every other gaming mouse is made out of.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 08:55:26 am »
+2
Hm, I've paid 10 $ for my mouse and it seems to be good enough.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 11:56:46 am »
+2
i usually use cheapest shit i can buy in local store, doesnt prevent me from reking peeps here :D
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 01:47:05 pm »
I have almost the same mouse as Molly, works well.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 01:55:27 pm »
Used mx 518 and G5 for years. Now using g502. Perfect mouse but not for lefties.
About keyboard cant reccomend all our same shit to me.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 01:58:11 pm »
There's no appreciable difference between a basic 10$ microsoft mouse and a "gaming" mouse that costs five times as much, at least for me. Maybe if I was competing for money or something in games like Starcraft or the MOBAs that are so popular right now, the edge from proper equipment would be definable, but for virtually fighting bundle of sticks trolls on a mod for a dead gay 5 year old turkish niche game, the barebones essentials are more than enough.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 02:15:39 pm »
wait....all of you saying steelseries are shit...bought this http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Kinzu-Optical-Gaming-Rubberized/dp/B007AP8RJ4 for like 25 euros and i will never change this , those weird looking logitech mouses with 192823737 buttons are not for me.
I can stand this http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Intellimouse-Explorer-Gaming-Package/dp/B000GOUE7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1442664694&sr=1-1&keywords=microsoft+intellimouse+3.0 , maybe i am too old for those swag mouse out there but tell me a reason why are you all bashing steelseries.
Ok the brand is popular in the gaming scene , like cs but unlike razer it doesn't have very expensive mouse , the quality is quite good , really don't know why you so mad about it :/

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 02:18:19 pm »
There's no appreciable difference between a basic 10$ microsoft mouse and a "gaming" mouse that costs five times as much, at least for me. Maybe if I was competing for money or something in games like Starcraft or the MOBAs that are so popular right now, the edge from proper equipment would be definable, but for virtually fighting bundle of sticks trolls on a mod for a dead gay 5 year old turkish niche game, the barebones essentials are more than enough.

you are absolutely right.
Played crpg with a shitty logitech mouse (http://www.logitech.com/it-it/product/wireless-mouse-m235-2nd-gen?crid=7) , yeah don't know how i handled it but if you are playing some competitive fps you really don't want to play with that  piece of crap.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 02:20:06 pm »
+2