Author Topic: My thoughts.....  (Read 1655 times)

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Pope_Bravo_of_Acre
  • IRC nick: ForGO
My thoughts.....
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:02 pm »
+10
Where do I start? Well let me start by introducing myself, I am Bravo_of_Acre, a proud member of the faction of Acre. I am a 31 year old and reside in the good ol state of PA. Not many of you know who I am, some do, but I am neither skilled nor a complete noob at this game. I am me, I play the game because I like the style and era of the game. No other game does what Warband does, you will not find another medieval combat game like this. Many have tried, few have made it. I know many of crpg's community hold the upmost animosity for Acre, and for reasons I know and do not know. Mainly I think its because now we are a big ass faction and I would dare say we are kind of like the USA, big ass bullies. But regardless of this fact I still love this faction. I have been in acre the longest, have worn the tags with pride even through the rough times. I have also been in HoC but thats another story in its self. I consider my self the oldest acre member both in age and length of service. I have had the times where I "rage" quit and left for a while, but always come back. It hurts me deep down when I log onto a server and see people that don't even know me, trash talk me because of the tags I choose to wear. But again that is a story for another time, What I am talking about is strat. I do not personally participate in it because outside of the massive xp in battles, that shit is pointless. Yea you can make big money trading, but oh your cool, you know how to trade on a videogame LOL. Guess what, it takes alot more than that to do this shit irl. Then you have your arm chair generals, who think they know how to win battles! Well I have yet to see definitive tactics on the field of battle. Do you know why? A lack of real leadership, too many "leaders" trying to control their own soldiers. I know your saying but hey this is a video game, you can't use real life tactics. Well I say bullshit, this game is fucking perfect for them, you do not have sight of the enemy until they are close enough to be seen unlike your RTS i.e rome 2 total war, you do not have big ass flags on enemies stating they are the enemy, you have terrain, you have hills, walls, towns, castles. I have not seen ambushes, do you know how easy it would be to ambush someone on these towns and cities? Oh my the glory that would be, to have cav waiting at a certain point and have a diversionary force waiting down a wide corridor, the enemy seeing this diversion rushing towards it with bloodlust in their eyes, then at the right moment that cav attacking the flank. I watch too many fucking shit on youtube...WoW. But you catch my drift. Act like men not children, show some balls on the field of battle and let the enemy know they fucked with the wrong dude. Too many of you are butthurt over shit that you shouldnt even butthurt over, and I am also talking to members of my own faction, not just our enemies. I raise my glass to you fellas, may the holy lord bless you with the strength and power to do what is right in life. Also no offense, fuck that chadz wills it shit, it is blasphemous and breaking a major commandment, "thought shalt not have any gods before me". For all you haters..fuck your shit, I am not going to hell for your amusement! its fucking GOD WILLS IT....GOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD not CHADDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZ. We claim to be holy warriors? I feel ashamed of that, the real siege of Acre was fought by real men who fought in the name of GOD, not chadz, lets not dishonor them by being blasphemous whores. Both Muslim and christian alike. I embrace the flame that is soon to follow when I hit the post button, lets start a fucking forum war, match wits and come up with horrible meme's what ever the fuck that means and compare dick sizes. P.S I love you all.

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
Re: My thoughts.....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »
+2

Bravo is a real nigga, I approve this post.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:03:25 pm by xxkaliboyx »
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 06:27:14 pm »
tldr

i

would

have

but

the

way

u form

paragraphs

hurts

my

eyes

rememeber

lads

SPACES

are

your

friends.

use them.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 07:11:56 pm »
+3
There's really not much the engine allows in terms of tactics other than blobbing together, even if you can get everyone properly coordinated. Strat will always boil down to team deathmatch. The only commands that should be issued is telling people to group up, where to move to, what to target, and telling dumbasses with no awareness when they're overwhelmed and should fall back. That last one is the real problem when it comes to losing battles.

If you want to get some interesting tactics in, you can pick out certain players who know how to fight well together and have them do commando shit, but other than breaking equipment or whatever, there's really not much things like that would do to influence the battle.

Offline Oreo

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:12:54 pm »
 :rolleyes:

dem formations and shit tho maaaan

do it once, oh well they respawn, awh yissss
we got em good tho boys
Arowaine: probably cause i told dupre he is a piss of shit

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 07:32:41 pm »
+2
Ambushes have been tried, but someone always sees it and warns everyone else. It just leads to half your army doing nothing while the rest gets rect.

Oh, and there's also a commandment about not killing,  yet I bet even the most devout Christian players kill. And I don't think 'boredom' constitutes a just war.

You see, Bravo, video games are not the real world. Our characters are not who we are. They don't go to hell for their deeds, they just might get banned. So, in real life I don't kill people, and I don't worship an Austrian programmer. So I think my soul is safe.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 08:44:28 pm »
+2
People are always going to do what's best in strat battles, and for whatever reason, the best thing to do is to stick together and teamfight as blobs.

Advantageous terrain IS often used in battles - especially field battles. Defenders almost always take position on top of a hill and build up a makeshift fortified position. In sieges, you often see people stacked up on stairs to take advantage of the high ground (You also see a lot of people ignoring orders and doing whatever the hell they want, another issue that stops the kind of things the OP mentioned from happening).

The game doesn't lack any form of tactics, but it certainly doesn't cater to a roleplayer's idea of tactics.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 09:41:32 pm »
You also have shitlords like me who don't really listen to orders and just does whatever they want in battles(sit behind and take pot shots at enemies with an xbow(better than ramboing though IMO since I dont waste tickets)). So you have to deal with them as well since they just in general dont follow orders.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 09:49:28 pm »
+5
i ambushed your mom with my +3 jackhammer jesus dildo crafted by the devil...

THen i lost without blocking 1 hit from her power stream squirt.

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Pope_Bravo_of_Acre
  • IRC nick: ForGO
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 09:58:24 pm »
+1
i ambushed your mom with my +3 jackhammer jesus dildo crafted by the devil...

THen i lost without blocking 1 hit from her power stream squirt.

lol this made me laugh

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 12:28:57 am »
What frodo really means is there is no leadership in Acre battles. Not that you need much defending castles and cities, just a few basic orders.  :rolleyes:

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 02:49:30 am »
Acre clan members are actually pretty good at following orders, though a lot of them like to talk a little too much. But it is difficult to try anything complicated unless you call people by name.

But I find things like a shield wall quite pointless. Looks pretty, but doesn't do any better than a regular amorphous blob.

I also find people listen best when the battle is very close, or looks like a defeat. But if you got way more ticks or are just kicking ass there is no way anyone is gonna hold back. They don't care if there's gonna be a follow up battle the next day, they are gonna charge in and try get some kills, no matter how many ticks it'll cost.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 06:14:38 am »
+7
One of the only real ways to involve any sort of strategy in a strat field battle for me was to send 4 or more MB or Occitan guys into their own channel, and tell whoever is the de-facto marshall of those guys to wreck shit in a particular place at a particular time.

Doesn't at all work if you don't have a skilled group of players used to working with one another. But sending Aldo, Horns, Oreo, and whatever other MB guys were there in their own channel to talk shit and have fun, or sending Arowaine & friends to holler French at one another in their own channel while slaughtering FCC puuties was effective.

I was always just jealous that I had to nerd-herd all of the other guys in the main channel.

Didn't read the OP because holy shit buddy, that was pretty much non-consensual sexual relations on my eyeballs.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:02 pm »
+3
Oh yeah how could I forget my love of Sanderson's voice, guess I just havn't had the pleasure of hearing it for a long time. But yes good voice and people listened to him and we won some really nice battles back in the day under his command. 8-)

Offline fallinup

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Chantakey
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Bastard of Almerra
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 05:49:09 pm »
And on the 7th day chadz created death-cam spectator mode, and it was good.