Poll

Does this sound like a good idea and do you think it would work?

YES!
14 (23.3%)
No
32 (53.3%)
Maybe, we would have to see
14 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Donations for patchs ( DUPRE/CMP/chadz LOOK)  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
Donations for patchs ( DUPRE/CMP/chadz LOOK)
« on: September 17, 2015, 06:11:18 pm »
+2
We as a community should really do something like this game did with donations!!!  http://www.mortalonline.com/donations/

It works wonders because people can just throw down 5$ whenever they want or more and they could do this to raise money for Melee Battlegrounds at the same time! Or we can all do it and Fund Dupre so he will push out patchs faster or something. I think its a really good idea and it wouldnt be mandatory or anything so give me your thoughts and ideas community please.

Like a monthly goal would be great like raise 500$ and u get a new patch or something like that and i think it would work i mean id throw down 20$ a month if not more!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:22:45 pm by Novamere »

pogosan

Re: Donations for patchs ( DUPRE/CMP/chadz LOOK)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 06:30:15 pm »

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 06:41:33 pm »
+1
http://c-rpg.net/?page=donate

no?

But its not for patchs or anything just to keep the servers up if it was for patchs and was a big button smack on the top of the forums and website big and red sayinmg donate and had a nice page explaining how you can donate to speed up patchs so many people would do it i know i sure as hell would!

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 07:47:17 pm »
+22
It's a mod, not a dlc.

Modders work on mod for fun, prove something, make their own vision of the game, because they like modding, because they want to improve the game, because they want to give something good to public, etc (select one or more option  :lol:)

But modders definitly don't work for cash.

Giving cash doesn't change something and didn't speed up the patch. Even if you give a good amount of money, modders can only work during their free time and when they have this time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 08:17:14 pm »
+13
It's a mod, not a dlc.

Modders work on mod for fun, prove something, make their own vision of the game, because they like modding, because they want to improve the game, because they want to give something good to public, etc (select one or more option  :lol:)

But modders definitly don't work for cash.

Giving cash doesn't change something and didn't speed up the patch. Even if you give a good amount of money, modders can only work during their free time and when they have this time.

I agree with Matt on this. I'm not doing this for money but I do really appreciate the idea.

Next patch was suppose to be pushed out in August but work and vacation took over  :mrgreen:. Patch is almost finished though. All the items that are being added are finished. Map rotation is getting worked on today along with adding in the new maps people have made(won't be activated till the patch). One of main issues that has been taking up alot of our time has been trying to resolve the lag/wonky combat issue. I believe I found some problems that were possibly causing it but won't know for sure until we patch it and test it. 

Some new items being added:
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 08:20:42 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Oh god, the arabian axe, i must get one, is it going to be unbalanced?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 08:32:29 pm »
+2
I think it is a good idea. If it were easier to donate money (get it setup through visa somehow) I could see myself donating for sure. If for nothing else than to buy Dupre / chadz a case of beer every once in a while.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 08:35:31 pm »
+4
I agree with Matt on this. I'm not doing this for money but I do really appreciate the idea.

Next patch was suppose to be pushed out in August but work and vacation took over  :mrgreen:. Patch is almost finished though. All the items that are being added are finished. Map rotation is getting worked on today along with adding in the new maps people have made(won't be activated till the patch). One of main issues that has been taking up alot of our time has been trying to resolve the lag/wonky combat issue. I believe I found some problems that were possibly causing it but won't know for sure until we patch it and test it. 

I might be a shitbag but ive been around this community for 4 years since beta and i can say your doing a great job way better then Shik and Canary as head admin/ Developer and i was trying trying to think of an idea to help you and the mod. I saw this work pretty well with mortal online and thought it might work here cause were playing a free to play mod for warband but so many in the community are so diehard about it i know they would toss down 5$ 10$ even more per month to see patchs constantly pushed out :D

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 08:48:25 pm »
+2

those new weapons look sweet as sugar. You guys are the best.

don't forget the shop-itempics

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 09:06:08 pm »
+4
My last donation wasn't recorded on donation page nor recognized by chadz even though he accepted my PayPal payment. So until this changes I'll just keep playing free.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 11:27:18 pm »
+2
They should start selling CRPG premium accounts. All items auto-loomed to +3 on equip and instant lvl 40.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 11:32:11 pm »
NOPE

no more donations from me.
id give like, 5 bucks to fix EU strat, though, just to watch greys\drz wipe everything.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:14 am »
NOPE

no more donations from me.
id give like, 5 bucks to fix EU strat, though, just to watch greys\drz wipe everything.

they tried, got bored, now we own 1/3 of the map.

oh and if u want to donate something, there u go: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=donate

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 01:18:09 am »
they tried, got bored, now we own 1/3 of the map.

oh and if u want to donate something, there u go: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=donate

Those donations are just to keep the server up and such and most people dont care but if u slapped a big red "DONATE" button on the forums and the website and put a cool reward like reach 500$ and get a patch wit this that and this i guarantee you that alot of people would donate! I know i would donate atleast 20$ a month if not more, like i said before their are so many diehard members of this community that love this mod and wanna see new things added and done to it.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 01:28:06 am »
+3
If you guys knew how much Dupre is getting paid already...

(click to show/hide)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far