Author Topic: Attention All Strat Factions:  (Read 9143 times)

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
Re: Attention All Strat Factions:
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2015, 11:52:14 pm »
That's all well and good, but a good player doesn't take on 50 dudes with his amazing blocking skills because that's fucking stupid. Technical skill is only half the battle. A common misconception(really a defense mechanism) made by bad players is that heroes are lone wolves who don't play with the team, when in fact, they play with the team much better the average player. Most top players are expert team players.

A team of 100% killers would outplay any team that is <100% killers. Assuming all killers are equally skilled in this case. Too many hypotheticals, though, what I'm trying to say is that fodder doesn't win battles. I'd rather 2 killers watching my back than 2 fodder.

Personally, I don't care about tactics or being commanded or any of that shit. I want to sit in my own TS and banter with my friends.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2015, 11:58:14 pm »
That's all well and good, but a good player doesn't take on 50 dudes with his amazing blocking skills because that's fucking stupid. Technical skill is only half the battle. A common misconception(really a defense mechanism) made by bad players is that heroes are lone wolves who don't play with the team, when in fact, they play with the team much better the average player. Most top players are expert team players.

A team of 100% killers would outplay any team that is <100% killers. Assuming all killers are equally skilled in this case. Too many hypotheticals, though, what I'm trying to say is that fodder doesn't win battles. I'd rather 2 killers watching my back than 2 fodder.

Personally, I don't care about tactics or being commanded or any of that shit. I want to sit in my own TS and banter with my friends.

TBH the Frisitan guys are good enough(in skill and battle awareness) where you dont even need to be in the same TS and still contribute greatly towards the battle. Most(read: all) other groups cant do that
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2015, 11:59:32 pm »
+1
I got a little off track

My point is that if you're KD is good, you are playing smart, thus you don't need to be ordered around. These players can make good inferences on where to be and where not to be on their own.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2015, 01:01:16 am »
+2
i get that and i feel that, cuz there are certain commanders i dont really listen to and i do my own thing, which works out better as i dont agree with certain tactics.

see, this is where the Super Nerd comes in, the lad that grabs the rest of the lame homo's in battle by the balls and tells em wtf is up. there are just certain ( there was*) players that know wtf is up and wtf to do and when, i found myself commanding more and more of other peoples battles as i know now wtf works and what doesnt and when to do certain things

id much rather have someone else do this though, i mean i shouldnt even say shit, it aint my battles, i guess by now i just expect all commanders to be on the same lvl, and they arnt.

again i disagree that killers are the most important, it will always be commanders in my mind, killers can get good kds, commanders can end battles in an instant, one solid command and if everyone does it, right then and there, boom, flags droped game over, you can argue that its the killers that bring the timers up to make flag caps possible, but at the end of the day its commanders who notice the things that will end battles instantly.

idc if you disagree, but bale, kesh, rob, require? ( MB ) etc etc, each of these people i put killing aside and player the role of fodder, because i want to win, and they fucking know how and i trust them to make the right call...you can have more mercs, better gear, a terrain\positional advantage, and still lose badly if your people arnt listening or working together.

there is simply not enough to be said about commanders. tbh ill never understand the hate kesh got, that guy sacrificed alot of his free time to make shit fun for others. it takes time to make rosters, roll call, make sure people are there, make sure all the gear is there, to have a plan in mind B4 the battle starts...all this takes time, so the rest of us dont have to, and we get to go and kill shit...the fucking least we could do is listen to commands, ive only done like 2-3 battles and it fucking sucks, you gotta make sure shit ( THE RIGHT SHIT ) is being built, make sure people are going the right way and doing the right thing, at the fucking end of it all, battles like half done and u havent killed shit yet cuz your busy making sure other people are doing what they should be \ getting shit built

it fucking sucks, is thee most frustrating \ hardest task in the game...and yeah, easily thee most important

now take a fucking second and stop drooling over kd whores and give the fucking commanders the respect they fucking deserve.

*drops mic*

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2015, 01:01:40 am »
well, just saying to make u jelaous :D

The first time I drove 200 km/h was with 16 :D

240 with 18 :D

I've driven 190 in a ford taurus lol. It was making some disturbing noises. Oh the things we do when we are young...

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2015, 01:54:58 am »

last post ever
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2015, 01:59:03 am »

last post ever

(click to show/hide)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2015, 02:46:52 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Plumbo, people nowadays don't even give a single fuck about commands. If you're a good commander, u can turn the battle by just being on the battlefield and fight. For sure talking is important, but actually the position of the forward spawn and ur reaction on the placement of the enemies forward spawn is the main reason for winning/loosing a battle.

Earlier in WFAS (kinda a mod of warband) we did not even have ts. Still my commands ingame, by simply writing some simple orders made me known as the best commander in the german community (which had like 20 clans). We fucking won the first 18 clanwars :D. Later on I bet with a new clan every single other clan in the game. Then I left that clan and they lost about 10 wars without winning even one :D What is the next thing. U gotta give ur mercs the right feeling. If u make them feel like we gonna loose this, some will be motivated, some will be like fuck this, if we don't win why would I fight. Like those last minutes fights, were u're about to flagcap the enemy and almost did it, there HAS to be someone screaming "OMG WE GONNA DO IT, KEEP PUSHING THEM, SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNRAPE"

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »
+1
I've driven 190 in a ford taurus lol. It was making some disturbing noises. Oh the things we do when we are young...

well, on german "autobahnen" there is no speed limit. I was already driving 300 (but not on my own, my uncle is rich as fuck and he had a op car)

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2015, 03:23:22 am »
+3

last post ever