Author Topic: Context is Key  (Read 6928 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Context is Key
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 03:04:26 pm »
Whether it was based on my opinions or the way I threw your own words back at you, either way you still couldn't cope with my mean disagreeable words so started talking about wanting to 'fucking slap' me IRL. Now, aside from the obvious retardation of the idea of being slapped by a man that isn't a football player, that shows the limit of your capacity for argument before you revert to 'DO NOT LIKE, SLAP', you were talking about retardation weren't you? What would you say of a person who can't argue long without getting physically exasperated to that point?

Also you seemed to say:

From a guy trying to act badass online, 'Stupid people deserve to be slapped by smart people like me'.

If you were making arguments worth answering, I wouldn't have to say that. Instead you just spout random shit, so an internet slap is what you get. See, there's no point in having a rational discussion with someone who comes up with random refutes and makes stuff up. There's no point and there's no fun in it, because you'll just counter with more of the same retarded shit, like you have been for pretty much with all your posts in this thread. You mention the slap and how 'im unable to cope with your posts' every single post while simply ignoring the parts you can't refute. It's top tier damage control and as I said, no fun to deal with.

Are you from some sort of retarded hillbilly settlement where your parents and sister/gf share the same retarded fedora-wearing half-baked views as yourself? 'Religion is dumb, hurr durr'. By all means have your intelligent 'discussion' about religion with your fedora-wearing family ('religin so stuped hyuk hyyuk') or in one of the dark corners of the internet that can be a haven for your kind, but if you try it here i'm using your own retarded words and arguments against you - ref. see first pages of thread.

Half-baked views? Lol, who's half baked. When I asked you what did religion/church do as a concerted effort to help with scientific advance and to compare that with the damage it has done, you refuted with random shit and attacks of how I'm apparently obsessed about the damage religion has done and how I should put religious people on stake and burn them.
So much for 'using your own retarded words and arguments against you'. In short, you have nothing to say. You defend religion for the sake of justice and equality or the right to be what you want to be!!! or whatever the fuck your fucked up brain comes up with, like I said, tumblr is a great place for people like you.

You don't have to be a hillbilly to know that religion is dumb shit. In fact, nowadays it's the other way around. Like Shema said, I don't know what kind of shit place you're from, but religion here is frowned upon by most non-oblivious, young and/or educated people. This is based on my observations and observations of pretty much everyone know. It's actually general knowledge in here that the most religious folk are those far away from cities living in hills, or old people and that they're usually not the brightest folk. Farmers and such. They like to put their votes to the most obvious criminal 'politician' in our country, just because the church on Sundays tells them to (he's got strong connections there). Basically they're a bunch of sheeple, too retarded to come up with their own views, however fucked up they may be. Luckily they didn't succeed this time as their numbers dwindle as they die of old age.

And relax internet tough-guy, i'm fully aware that you wouldn't actually come over and slap me, that would require you to actually get out of bed and do something. But hey, if you want to use the word 'retardation' some more maybe you'll become right lol   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chill Saxon. It was hip to attack with 'basement-dwelling' a decade ago.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2015, 03:10:07 pm »
You could speak for my country by posting the findings of the most recent census, it's readily available information

I wouldn't like to live in a country with such an extreme majority one way or the other, but that's just me

i don't know where you're from lol, why not live in a country where the majority has sound and reasonable minds aka don't need religion to guide them
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »
Atheism isn't a religion, and thus you can't have religious views crammed down your throat by an atheist.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2015, 04:17:00 pm »
yeah most people simply "don't believe there is any sort of spirit, God or life force" but call themselves an atheist for simplicity.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2015, 05:01:40 pm »
i think atheism is mostly "don't believe in a god or gods whatever u know" but there's a different kind of "religion" which is called something else, denouncing all kind of religious belief until fact x)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2015, 05:03:33 pm »
I would rather call atheism a lack of theism than an active belief. I have never been a fan of placing "agnosticism" as some moderate third way in-between atheism and theism.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2015, 05:09:00 pm »
I would rather call atheism a lack of theism than an active belief. I have never been a fan of placing "agnosticism" as some moderate third way in-between atheism and theism.
It's not a matter of opinion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#Positive_vs._negative

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 05:15:17 pm »
It's not a matter of opinion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#Positive_vs._negative
Indeed, by definition atheism and theism cover all options.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2015, 05:20:34 pm »
No, that's not what i meant by that.
Lack of belief in the existence of god(s) = negative atheism, also agnosticism.
Belief/conviction of non-existence of god(s) = positive atheism.

Two different things.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2015, 05:33:00 pm »
Thus describing atheism as "actively believing ('knowing') that there is no God, spirit or supernatural lifeforce." is a definition of atheism which does not cover negative atheism. A definition atheism that hits close to agnosticism does not cover positive atheism. Therefore it is better to define atheism as the absence of theism as it covers all sorts of atheism, which was my point. Next to that, I also made the point that agnosticism is not something in-between atheism and theism, which a lot of people claim. It is simply a smaller definition contained within atheism, which you seem to agree with too.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »
I guess i misread this
I would rather call atheism a lack of theism than an active belief.
as you contrasting atheism vs an active belief. Nevermind.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2015, 09:31:48 pm »
+2
Most atheists make such a big deal out of the god not existing thing, and try to bring it up whenever.... you would almost say they are obsessed with him.  :P
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2015, 09:51:55 pm »
+1
I'll tell a religious nut off if they're being ridiculous with it.

If you just say "I have my own faith and I'm not interested in converting" they usually freeze up because everyone usually just nods and listens to be polite until the religious nut leaves them alone.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2015, 09:54:46 pm »
Most atheists make such a big deal out of the god not existing thing, and try to bring it up whenever.... you would almost say they are obsessed with him.  :P

A lot of atheists don't mind having the conversation because a lot of people like proving others wrong whenever they convincingly think another person is too stupid to understand a fundamental aspect of humanity.

If you just say "I have my own faith and I'm not interested in converting" they usually freeze up because everyone usually just nods and listens to be polite until the religious nut leaves them alone.  :lol:

I still don't think atheism = a faith

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:55 pm »
I still don't think atheism = a faith

when did I mention atheism
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far