Author Topic: [(Un)ban] Merc_koldborn  (Read 1122 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
[(Un)ban] Merc_koldborn
« on: May 26, 2011, 06:42:07 pm »
Situation: I was banned today a few minutes ago by Meow.

I'm writing in order to reduce the ban margin which was elevated with the joy I'm about to show by the same admin:

After a few maps getting constant team hit, team bumped, team killed, by several players, and trying to talk to an admin by the "new" direct system (which by the divine grace seems to not be working to me, or I was simply ignored) and getting no feedback, I reached a limit of my patience and comprehension, when a random player whom I ignore the name, spawns and turns to me doing an overhead taking 95% of my HP, and since I'm low level and I know I don't hurt that much, I redirected the same feelings.

It's not the victim that has to leave a server to avoid being bullied, its the bully that has to leave. And doing so, by instinct I admittedly countered the offense, which after a few hits I get an INSTA BAN action from Meow_TK.

No questions, no feedback, simply the usual power trip we're accommodated to get these days.

So on the chat software mIRC I had this little "conversation" and some brilliant and overjoyed feedbacks:

[16:49:23] <karasu> sorry Meow, but he's been team hitting me for a while with people doing shit
[16:49:31] <karasu> be back in a while
[16:49:45] <karasu> nomnomonmomnomnom

Then on private:

Session Start: Thu May 26 17:08:37 2011
Session Ident: Meow
[17:08] Session Ident: Meow (QuakeNet, karasu) ([email protected])
[17:08] <Meow> also please tell your muffin friend that i am not merc witch hunting but just banned you because the moment i joined you started revenge TAing that guy ;) i saw nothing else.
[17:09] <Meow> i think the temp ban is 60 mins :P
[17:12] <karasu> Sorry i'm not your messenger, if you feel that, you tell him yourself.
[17:12] <karasu> There's a limit to a mans patience, and today I reached mine. Too bad admins only "look" at the countermeasures.
[17:13] <karasu> Good day.
Session Close: Thu May 26 17:13:05 2011

Session Start: Thu May 26 17:14:14 2011
Session Ident: Meow
[17:14] Session Ident: Meow (QuakeNet, karasu) ([email protected])
[17:14] <Meow> lol
[17:14] <Meow> perfectly fine by me
[17:14] <Meow> also means ban will be increased to 3 days as all revenge TAing :)
[17:15] <karasu> No need to say that, it's the only feeling i would expect from you. Gj.
[17:15] <karasu> Nice
[17:15] <Meow> bye

Take out of this log whatever you feel like to, I don't expect to get my ban removed out of this (I'm a Merc, I know the weight it carries on our shoulders) just perhaps to get a re-formulation of the banning period.

I also would like to appeal to the main Devs/Admins once more with all the serenity and humbleness that it's urgent (not emergent) to recruit Honest, Humble, Mature and Experienced enough admins to the job, players like Kinngrimm per example, which are respected by the whole community, with all the reasons to be one, not just by being able to do a "for cicle" in C++ in a random code.

I'm old enough to know how to make a distinction between whats good and whats bad, just and unfair, and whole other range of dichotomies, and I know I can't be naive enough to expect the same from every other person I get in contact with.

Thank you for your time and comprehension.
Best regards, André.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
Re: [(Un)ban] Merc_koldborn
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:46:52 pm »
Not my ban (I keep my fingers away from these cases), but warning before banning kicking/banning is usually the way to go. Red text can be pretty efficient, and if it's not enough then swing the banhammer.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:48:16 pm by Everkistus »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 06:48:14 pm »
Stop with the "I'm a merc and got banned for it" crap already.

It's getting really old.
I joined the server the dude hit you once and you pulled a lolwen on him...
Rage TAing.

By now EVERYONE especially people like you who hang around on irc should know that asking for an admin there is the right way to deal with this.

Sure there are no further questions if you go all mad on a guy who hits you once for what ever reason.

Rules are clear - unban 29th as you did the request.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 06:53:03 pm »
As far as I know the same rules apply to admins, exactly like Everkistus said.

It's common sense and behavior to first Question about the situation, the Ponder without personal influence, and then React upon the judgement.

It's not a merc drama, it's just what happened to me, stop making stereotypes and pluralization every time a merc member is in issue.

Thanks for your time.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:54:32 pm »
....... Never once did i say you were witch hunting merc. Not once. I was saying that it is completely idiotic for a guy to teamattack in the spawn with no enemies around - taking 95% of health. The victim of this needless idiotic agression hits him back a couple of times and then gets banned for 3 days. Teamattacking is wrong, yes, but the bit that pisses me off is the random retard that starts the issue gets free to go with no problems. He is more in the wrong than kold and should be punished accordingly. I dont know the name of the guy but he had also teamhit me and a few others in the spawn in previous rounds.

I understand that it is not the job of an admin to be liked and that they cant win peoples affection by upholding the rules sometimes. But this is just stupid. If this is the system put in place that the aggressor can continue to teamhit while the victims get banned - you need a new system.

Muffin
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
Meow is a developer, not a real game admin, clearly this excuses him for being silly on matters like this.

Okay maybe an instant ban was too much, just saying.
Also
(click to show/hide)

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 07:14:02 pm »
I humbly request you to unban koldborn. He isn't an frequent offender in the community and therefore isn't a threat. It's perfectly natural for someone to blow his cap off, every man has his breaking point. Being a fellow member, I know koldborn and he's a very sensible and respected player. I urge you to stop playing games with him and leave him be to play the game freely. Lets move on... Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:18:05 pm by Burr1ck »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 07:23:52 pm »
I'm old enough to know how to make a distinction between whats good and whats bad

Then why did you attack a teammate? You know it's wrong. Of course I can understand your frustration, but it has been said countless of times before. Revenge doesn't help you at all, it only makes you feel better for the few seconds till the consequences whacks your face. It makes it harder for admins to spot the real offender, and may make the frustrating characters suffer instead.

I wouldn't have banned in a situation like that myself, I would rather have flashed the pink text, and seen how it had developed. Though it has to be said, a situation is handled there and then by an admin, and decisions may be handled wrongly, or they may just be a tad rash.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 07:29:44 pm »
Then why did you attack a teammate? You know it's wrong. Of course I can understand your frustration, but it has been said countless of times before. Revenge doesn't help you at all, it only makes you feel better for the few seconds till the consequences whacks your face. It makes it harder for admins to spot the real offender, and may make the frustrating characters suffer instead.

I wouldn't have banned in a situation like that myself, I would rather have flashed the pink text, and seen how it had developed. Though it has to be said, a situation is handled there and then by an admin, and decisions may be handled wrongly, or they may just be a tad rash.

I explained the reasons on the OP text countless times, being the main reason of the post to attempt to reduce the penalty if possible, not unban.

Thank you for your understanding, being on EU 4 meanwhile.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 08:13:07 pm »
Just to make sure the people who still try to use it as a defense understand:
If someone else is breaking the rules it will not make your rule violation any less of a problem.

If that dude was hitting people for multiple rounds and you did not reach any admin through the player to admin chat, go though the massive amount of extra work and join irc/switch to it if still running and report it there.

If you have any evidence on the dude: hit me up with that and we can talk.

If i temp ban you for an hour to cool down and you tell me you snapped and that we just look at the "countermeasures" i get the impression you find it a valid way of dealing with this kind of problem which i for sure do not reward.

Chances are the time will be reduced with an overall change on some punishments for different rule violations.

Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:17:01 pm by Meow »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 08:23:12 pm »
I explained the reasons on the OP text countless times, being the main reason of the post to attempt to reduce the penalty if possible, not unban.

Thank you for your understanding, being on EU 4 meanwhile.

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing you unbanned now or at least earlier than said date, but that's not up to me.

Are you implying that people should just let themselves get griefed and teamattacked until they reach a point of GTXting ? Someone keeps attacking you, admins dont see it, you try in a polite way, the shit continues, admin just happens to see you finally reacting (self-defense) and thats about it ? Your banned with exactly the same rights as the one who kept griefing you and ruining your gameplay experience ?

Someone is definitely wrong here and its not Koldborn.

Also: i would just like to see each and everyone of you admins in a situation like this but without your banhammers. We know what would happen, dont we ?  :wink:

All depends on the situation.
You failed to read my post properly, Gnjus. I won't kick anyone, let alone ban anyone, without having a fair overview over the situation. I said I wouldn't have banned Koldborn if I was the admin present, but rather flash the red text. If that wouldn't have worked, it would have been a kick on the one(s) continuing the bullshit, even a ban if you could see right away that one of them was a complete tosser.

If I was present at your little example (seeing only the retaliation) I would've done the same. Warned first, then consequences to the ones continuing. I try to go with the 'warn - kick - ban', but in some situation it can't be followed completely.

Also, I've died to a fair amount of idiots during my career, but I've only attacked the ones that have gone totally berserk on their team, just to limit losses. Also, in those extreme situations the admins will definitely have the overview and will know who's to blame, I.E. who to kick/ban. :wink:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Angry_Bag

• Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gay Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_NuuK
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »
if i am corect you are a bow guy and you got banned on a small bridge. it was a guy whit pilgrim armore and a spear that TKed you at spawn?

well if it was it was me :P i have a super sencetive tutch pad and i use to turn it off because some times whn i am playing my hand are on it and i start to hit and i dident turn it of today and it stabbed a Merce  guy and i belive its you           am sorry that this happent to you and that you got banned for it :( but i got banned one time by a Alt+ X joke LOL       " press Alt +X to buy XP whit GOLD" :D but i learned my leason and dont do Alt + Joke any more i 

the record that iw seen of Alt + X ed guys is around 10 :D that was a good day :D

sorry for bad spelllllinng :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 10:02:51 pm »
I don't really think it was you, but if by any instance it was, no worries, I've moved beyond that motive since it turned into a matter of aftershocks and not the quake itself.

Anyways, thanks even if it wasn't you, the attitude itself is honorable, quite rare in this community.

Gnjus thanks for speaking out your mind in such a sensitive subject. No wonder you're a great leader, with no fear of stepping forward even if it means putting yourself at risk.

Cheers.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 01:42:51 am »
So I guess the 3 day ban is here to stay, due to the silence.

It's gonna be a long weekend on Pecores server..

Feel free to lock this thread if all is said and done.

Best regards.