Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 91880 times)

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2015, 02:10:27 pm »
+1
I like the poll option

Send them all home

(click to show/hide)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2015, 02:41:00 pm »
+2
I like the poll option

(click to show/hide)

Why do you pity her, she's probably hiding a bomb under her dress cos she's from middle east. Accepting her in Europe would mean she would try to destroy our glorious democracy and replace it with Sharia, that's obvious !

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2015, 02:53:43 pm »
I don't think EU migration here is a problem, of course some of the fascists in the Troy and UKIP lot would like to believes so; their EU migration statistics happily ignore the fact that EU migrants overall add around £20Bn to the british economy, (according to the leading UCL researchers on migration and economics at least) rather than taking anything away.  I believe the anti EU / migration rhetoric in British politics is more based in islamaphobia, a fear of diluting 'British culture' (supposedly a multicultural one lol) and a disturbingly fascist streak which believes that 'British people' are some how more deserving than any others despite the fact that there remains a far bigger strain on our economy from corporate tax evasion and a largely unmotivated and lazy working / benefit class.

Migration is an economic straw-man and although welfare states across Europe are under strain at the moment this was and is due to the banking crisis, its effects are still making life harder for millions of people in Europe and straining national finances. But please, some relativity here is needed, the cost of living may have gone up, my old friends and beer may be more expensive but its not like we are starving to death or fighting each other in the streets for a bag of rice.  People talk of economic migrants coming here to Europe to seek a better life as if that is some sort of a crime, think about the millions that have left from Europe to go to America to do exactly the same and how you believe they should have been treated, should people coming here be treated better or worse?

I think we should try and remember that times really are not as bad as many politicians and media sources would like us to believe, they like to keep us on the edge of oblivion because its much easier for them to order their changes to our way of life if people believe the whole system is going to collapse, fear is and always has been the weapon of the elites.  Politicians have proven they are willing to let us make huge economic sacrifices when it comes to bailing out bankers (read: their friends) but when it comes to helping out starving migrants and asylum seekers its some kind of threat to our very existence, this is abhorrently reprehensible yet the British public (and apparently a few people here) seems to increasingly lap it up.

We all have to pay the price for what has been done before (both in our life times and beyond) and accept the fact that we live in a globalised world with all the benefits and dangers which that encompasses. I don't think this 'flood' will be the end of the world, it may very well change our little bit of it, but we have to decide if we want that change to be for the better or for the worse. History will judge us on how we deal with these challenges, on what choices we make as human beings towards the lives of others, and what sort of future we actually want Europe to stand for. Sacrifices may need to be made, but nothing great is every achieved without sacrifice and risk.

Well welcoming economic migrants didn't really pay off for the natives. More seriously, economic migrations is benefiting no one. Loss of work force in Africa and putting tension in Europe. There's been a huge influx of economic migrants for years and now that refugee really need asylum, Europe feels like having already too much migration pressure. There's nothing good with economic migration and it should be put to an end (by help to resettle in home country or lottery ticket).

Considering migration within EU, wasn't it the goal from the start to get closer to being a single country and so more migration within the country? France, Germany and UK are complaining about immigrants but they don't realize they are themselves sending their workers to neighbooring countries too. There's some imbalance for now but the goal of EU is to put balance between its countries and this is one of the ways to achieve it.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2820
  • Infamy: 1382
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2015, 03:12:10 pm »
As darmaster pointed out, in this discussion we should treat differently immigrants from war affected countries and those from former colonies. This is mostly about the former.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2015, 03:38:16 pm »
If you don't consider the migrants themselves as people then sure. I honestly can't tell anymore xD

Drowning in mediteranean sea or freezing under a european bridge is so much better to just living in poor condition in Africa. Since Switzerland implemented an help to resettle in the home country, a lot of migrants choose this option rather than keeping doing nothing (as they are forbidden to work) in shelter in Switzerland.

And what about the generation coming after them in Africa, and the one after, it has no end until there is a functioning economy there. And moving out is not the solution to create a functioning economy. Ofc the economic migration is by far not the biggest problem in their economy but it is part of the problem.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:43:58 pm by ecorcheur_brokar »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2015, 03:46:19 pm »
+1
Should reinstate slavery that way every single one of them will be granted a job

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »
or introduce an additional tax for the unemployed  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2015, 04:29:40 pm »
+2

Wonder where Germany would be today if my grandmother and all the other women back then left Germany too?

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2015, 04:54:09 pm »

Wonder where Germany would be today if my grandmother and all the other women back then left Germany too?

(click to show/hide)
99 problems but the bitch ain't one

True tho

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2015, 06:18:25 pm »
What I absolutely hate about current state of affairs is:

Nobody ever from EU said what the rules are, like if we're going to help everyone, help those willing to assimilate, if we are helping to reconstruct the war torn countries or what the general policy is. I'm afraid most of the EU is busy now creating some other retarded regulations. The only one who faintly reminds a leader is Merkel, but really only faintly.

I think this whole European project is slowly going to hell unless sbdy strong, charismatic and with common sense steps forward and shows a way.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »
+1
What I absolutely hate about current state of affairs is:

Nobody ever from EU said what the rules are, like if we're going to help everyone, help those willing to assimilate, if we are helping to reconstruct the war torn countries or what the general policy is. I'm afraid most of the EU is busy now creating some other retarded regulations. The only one who faintly reminds a leader is Merkel, but really only faintly.

I think this whole European project is slowly going to hell unless sbdy strong, charismatic and with common sense steps forward and shows a way.
You can find every single EU regulation on the web and it is fairly easy to get a general idea what EU policy on the subject is. Immigration is a sensitive subject that resonates strongly with most national electorates, and that is exactly why it is so difficult for the EU to set up institutions or regulations that deal with it in a simple manner. It would be so much better if we could all just bite the bullet and trust the EU with more responsibility, but apparently we are not ready for that. The national interests of EU member states make EU policymaking nigh impossible, and afterwards anti-EU parties complain about the EU regulation as being stupid.

Still, the bare plans for reform on the immigration subject coming from the Merkel-Hollande handshakes seem sensible and a bit overdue, making registration a common EU responsibility and controlling the division of immigrants on an EU level.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:25:03 pm by Teeth »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2910
  • Infamy: 2818
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2015, 07:50:14 pm »
My father thinks they are here to start uprising and convert us to Islam. He forget that even if they arm themselves and try to attack, they won't be able to do anything. Two of three people in Serbia own a gun, second only after USA. Also known to be very effective against foreign ground forces, with centuries of experience. Dunno why people need to spread unfounded fear and imagine some crazy scenarios which have no basis in reality.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2015, 11:29:01 pm »
My father thinks they are here to start uprising and convert us to Islam. He forget that even if they arm themselves and try to attack, they won't be able to do anything. Two of three people in Serbia own a gun, second only after USA. Also known to be very effective against foreign ground forces, with centuries of experience. Dunno why people need to spread unfounded fear and imagine some crazy scenarios which have no basis in reality.

Even if they wouldnt succeed in doing such a thing, there still would be bloodshed aye? That would be horrible if it would happen here in good ol peaceful sweden. But then like you said, it wont happen..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2015, 11:41:01 pm »
So Germany is going to let everyone in from Syria?

https://news.vice.com/article/germany-is-set-to-accept-asylum-applications-from-all-syrians-who-arrive-there?utm_source=vicenewsfb
- sorry, left out the article

Now I have no idea how the procedure is going, but isn't everyone going to say they are coming from Syria now?

In that case, Germans are legitimately screwing those over that they'd like to help the most. The Syrians themselves.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2471
  • Infamy: 2634
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2015, 12:13:13 am »
Even if they wouldnt succeed in doing such a thing, there still would be bloodshed aye? That would be horrible if it would happen here in good ol peaceful sweden. But then like you said, it wont happen..

Yes, bloodshed of immigrants... unlike Sweden which is friendly country, Serbia is best known for being aggressive. Good thing those immigrants aren't here as part of secret ISIS plan to conquer Balkans, as some conspiracy theorists believe. They are here on a long road your peaceful Sweden, where they will try their luck for better life.