Author Topic: Occitan counter offensive  (Read 11758 times)

Offline Dynamics_BRD

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridge Burners
  • Game nicks: Dynamics_BRD
Re: Occitan counter offensive
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2015, 05:58:19 pm »
Dude I dont go around looking at what faction Dutchy was in. If I had 1k troops per time he's changed faction name and color I'd have enough troops that I could lose 15 sieges in a row on a city and still have some to spare
Dude Narra is owned by the squids so how is that Dutchy?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2015, 06:22:55 pm »

red herring is obvious
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2015, 06:39:00 pm »
Hi there, some lads convinced me to post again, so i thought i would take this moment to remind you all, this game, IS BAD for you. it takes normal sane individuals and drives them bat shit crazy.

ill start with anders, who wrote that every one hated kesh for creating UIF's in NA? which is true, and is what needs to be done, if you are actually going to break up the trade federations and have a real war. what anders fails to mention, is that occ/mb/dracul/frisia/ravens and now HCE are all one big happy murican family that will never attack each other.

so once again, ty Kesh, for actually treating this like a war game, and breaking up the RPing mmo trolls that like to play trade simulator.

it is nice to see occitan back, simply to explain the hypocrisy between HCE calling everyone back stabbers, while being allied to the biggest backstabbers in the mod, i mean if back stabbing is simply attacking someone while they are already in a war, Occitan takes the crown for King Of The Backstabbers, as i cant think of a single war they have started...plz refresh my memory as i can only recall occitan jumping in on a sideline of a war already started

and on a side note, do not lie, Haramir, you did not defeat TkoV, who grew so disgusted with the game and its community, they quit, thus allowing you to take their afk fiefs, much the same way, HCE built up THEIR empire, which they have now lost.

actually when you think about it, arowhine is the perfect for HCE, he is garbage at the game, thinks his clan is the shit, all the while doing nothing but rping a trade federation...still you gotta hand it to the lad, he prob wins the award for biggest canadian racist frenchman , the guy sucks more american dick than james and brygg combined.

thats all for now, cya around.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2015, 07:52:25 pm »

Who the fuck said anything about Narra?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2015, 08:22:28 pm »
+3
Kesh was pretty great at being the strat bad guy, though. There was definitely some loss of interest without him.

Whether you personally view him as the hero or the villain of strat, I think we can all agree that he was necessary. That in my book at least makes him more of a "hero" since after all he kept strat interesting, and more importantly kept people interested in strat.

Who the fuck said anything about Narra?

In your post you replied to BB saying that you don't pay attention to what color Dutchy's faction is on the map, while BB was talking about Narra joining him, which is/was the Squids'. Either way, who cares? Small typo/misinterpretation, move along.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2015, 08:29:11 pm »
Whether you personally view him as the hero or the villain of strat, I think we can all agree that he was necessary. That in my book at least makes him more of a "hero" since after all he kept strat interesting, and more importantly kept people interested in strat.

In your post you replied to BB saying that you don't pay attention to what color Dutchy's faction is on the map, while BB was talking about Narra joining him, which is/was the Squids'. Either way, who cares? Small typo/misinterpretation, move along.

The Squids apparently cuz they used it as a reason to attack me lol. Oh well I heard it was a good fight. Just grumpy i cant make em cuz I'm out of town

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2015, 08:42:34 pm »
+4
Hi there, some lads convinced me to post again, so i thought i would take this moment to remind you all, this game, IS BAD for you. it takes normal sane individuals and drives them bat shit crazy.

ill start with anders, who wrote that every one hated kesh for creating UIF's in NA? which is true, and is what needs to be done, if you are actually going to break up the trade federations and have a real war. what anders fails to mention, is that occ/mb/dracul/frisia/ravens and now HCE are all one big happy murican family that will never attack each other.

Ravens of Valhalla as a strat faction is no more. The clan itself is no more. We disbanded on friendly terms. There are Raven guys in KUTT, some in MB I think, and a couple joined Dracul (Who also have not come back to strat at all btw, not sure why you are bringing them up). Others, like myself, wear the Dracul-Raven banner in the battle server to stack with our friends. I do not even wear the clan tag anymore (because the clan is no more...) I can not speak as to what the Frisians are doing, I do know most quit the game entirely or are off playing better games.

So my point in all this is: What the heck are you even talking about? Dracul guys merc for and against the HCE and Raven does not even exist anymore...

Edit: Also not even sure what Occitan are doing this strat, nobody has talked to me about reforming Ravens for strat  or some big alliance with Occitan (who were one of our biggest rivals, sorry Arrowaine I still love you.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:47:48 pm by Relit »

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2015, 08:49:27 pm »
+1
We are not assisting the EU faction in attacking NA. We are assisting them in attacking HCE. Very important difference.  HCE does not = NA. NA does not = HCE. This is the cornerstone of your entire propaganda machine, and I reject it utterly. We already attacked and EU faction to retake Shulus, because we wish to claim the Tundra fiefs (with the exclusion of Fidsnar). 

Lets look at your leadership. James. Canadian. Bryggan. Canadian. Arrowhine. French Canadian puty. NSIV... Trans-Canadian? I don't honestly know.  Mithrim, HoC, sJimmy, are all American in leadership and membership. Not sure about LL.  Brotherhood (who are neutral) pretty sure mostly American.  Berzerks... you guys are American too right? 

To say that this war is NA vs. EU is a complete farce. Perhaps the majority of HCE members are American, but so are all the other clans you are fighting. 

Freedom for NA is not having HCE conqueror the small independent factions that previously made up the other half of the map.  While I will say our EU brothers in arms fight well, they don't have the numbers to fill a roster for an NA battle. For them to piss-off every NA faction by some kind of imperialistic overlording of the entire NA strap would be disastrous. Doesn't matter how many armies they have. I have told Blackbird as much.

you are totaly right here, canadian figth for America freedom!

so once again, ty Kesh, for actually treating this like a war game, and breaking up the RPing mmo trolls that like to play trade simulator.

it is nice to see occitan back, simply to explain the hypocrisy between HCE calling everyone back stabbers, while being allied to the biggest backstabbers in the mod, i mean if back stabbing is simply attacking someone while they are already in a war, Occitan takes the crown for King Of The Backstabbers, as i cant think of a single war they have started...plz refresh my memory as i can only recall occitan jumping in on a sideline of a war already started

and on a side note, do not lie, Haramir, you did not defeat TkoV, who grew so disgusted with the game and its community, they quit, thus allowing you to take their afk fiefs, much the same way, HCE built up THEIR empire, which they have now lost.

actually when you think about it, arowhine is the perfect for HCE, he is garbage at the game, thinks his clan is the shit, all the while doing nothing but rping a trade federation...still you gotta hand it to the lad, he prob wins the award for biggest canadian racist frenchman , the guy sucks more american dick than james and brygg combined.

thats all for now, cya around.
after reading you i really do think you are kesh girl friend account, luv you too

i can only agree with you there jona, kesh was the best opponent to have and kept strat fun for sure even when he was being a carebear like we all did at least one time.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:09:14 pm by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2015, 08:58:10 pm »
Great fights yesterday again guys! This war has been great for XP!

Where is Canuck when we need him XD. I saw him on not too long ago actually.

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2015, 05:18:24 pm »
+7
Ravens of Valhalla as a strat faction is no more. The clan itself is no more. We disbanded on friendly terms. There are Raven guys in KUTT, some in MB I think, and a couple joined Dracul (Who also have not come back to strat at all btw, not sure why you are bringing them up). Others, like myself, wear the Dracul-Raven banner in the battle server to stack with our friends. I do not even wear the clan tag anymore (because the clan is no more...) I can not speak as to what the Frisians are doing, I do know most quit the game entirely or are off playing better games.

So my point in all this is: What the heck are you even talking about? Dracul guys merc for and against the HCE and Raven does not even exist anymore...

Edit: Also not even sure what Occitan are doing this strat, nobody has talked to me about reforming Ravens for strat  or some big alliance with Occitan (who were one of our biggest rivals, sorry Arrowaine I still love you.)

Speaking as the current Jarl of Raven, I can confirm only that Relit us a huge fgt.

~harold c crumb

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2015, 09:09:18 pm »
pretty sure there are no collectivized members of Frisia/Dracul/Raven playing strat. Im the only one who regularly plays strat from Raven. no need to bring up dead clans
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2015, 08:32:04 am »
+1
This full-blown war that was so balanced and even again, we've certainly been through this before.

Let's see what happened in the war against the Hounds of Mithrim.  We took a castle, then they took it back. We attacked a castle, and they defended it.  Then they squealed they were being crushed.

And then there is the bitching about backstabbing.  There once was one fellow who got pissed at a faction for attacking a third of his armies (ie one, in which this faction only had three members), so he attacked LCO.  LCO disappeared, so after attacking and looting the offending member, he went on to attack the only active remaining faction- Acre.  Oddly enough, this gent used to be in the Acre faction, so this could be accounted as a back-stabbing.  Acre surrendered, so he went on to attack Sungetche castle- owned by Dutchy.  At the time, Dutchy was part of Go Do The Dishes faction: the very faction that caused LCO to attack the 13 Knight faction, cuz tey thought we were reinforcing their enemies, and GDTD gave 13K gear to deal with them.  Instead we attacked Dutchy, ironically with his own faction's gear.  The very essence of back-stabbing.  And then, after the Wardens gave us Yruma Castle, as a good sign of the trust between us, we went to war against them.  Hmm? Sound like back-stabbing?  FER SHER!

So please!  Don't ever accuse me of bro-coding or care-bearing.  I will fight anyone who feels like putting up a fight.  I was ready to attack Acre when I thought James was being insubordinate, and anyone who knows me knows I would have.  I only pardoned him of treason because he promised to behave, and since then he has been nothing but stellar.

So, and let me be clear about this, the only back stabber is me!  Me, and only me.  And yet it somehow worked.

So:  the gents that originally caused me to go to war are now my allies against this pagan invasion.  Is that so surprising?  I play this game like a game, and when I run out of enemies I find new ones.  But at the moment, there is no shortage of enemies (unlike when it was just Mithrim against me (oh, and LL, but without Euro support and Aussie NTS they just weren't worth the effort), I felt the need to declare war on the Hounds as well- just to keep it fair) so for the moment I'll try be nice.

So, to all potential allies:  I will be nice to the very end... er, the end of our enemies, then I'll probably turn on you (in a gentlemanly fashion).  Cuz, like you know, it is a war game after all.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »
Let's see what happened in the war against the Hounds of Mithrim.  We took a castle, then they took it back. We attacked a castle, and they defended it.  Then they squealed they were being crushed.

And then there is the bitching about backstabbing.  There once was one fellow who got pissed at a faction for attacking a third of his armies (ie one, in which this faction only had three members), so he attacked LCO.  LCO disappeared, so after attacking and looting the offending member, he went on to attack the only active remaining faction- Acre.  Oddly enough, this gent used to be in the Acre faction, so this could be accounted as a back-stabbing.  Acre surrendered, so he went on to attack Sungetche castle- owned by Dutchy.  At the time, Dutchy was part of Go Do The Dishes faction: the very faction that caused LCO to attack the 13 Knight faction, cuz tey thought we were reinforcing their enemies, and GDTD gave 13K gear to deal with them.  Instead we attacked Dutchy, ironically with his own faction's gear.  The very essence of back-stabbing.  And then, after the Wardens gave us Yruma Castle, as a good sign of the trust between us, we went to war against them.  Hmm? Sound like back-stabbing?  FER SHER!

So please!  Don't ever accuse me of bro-coding or care-bearing.  I will fight anyone who feels like putting up a fight.  I was ready to attack Acre when I thought James was being insubordinate, and anyone who knows me knows I would have.  I only pardoned him of treason because he promised to behave, and since then he has been nothing but stellar.

So, and let me be clear about this, the only back stabber is me!  Me, and only me.  And yet it somehow worked.

So:  the gents that originally caused me to go to war are now my allies against this pagan invasion.  Is that so surprising?  I play this game like a game, and when I run out of enemies I find new ones.  But at the moment, there is no shortage of enemies (unlike when it was just Mithrim against me (oh, and LL, but without Euro support and Aussie NTS they just weren't worth the effort), I felt the need to declare war on the Hounds as well- just to keep it fair) so for the moment I'll try be nice.

So, to all potential allies:  I will be nice to the very end... er, the end of our enemies, then I'll probably turn on you (in a gentlemanly fashion).  Cuz, like you know, it is a war game after all.

So does it make you a hypocrite or your faction members hypocrites for complaining about backstabbing (unjustifiably) when you had done much worse? Maybe both.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2015, 06:11:55 pm »
^ there has always been this great divide strat wise. between dishonest disingenuous MMO trade simulating trolls, and serious players that treat it as a war sim.

the former thinks everyone else is complete shit but themselves, are hypocritical beyond belief and incapable of taking responsibilities for their mistakes.

the latter makes no excuses, says gg win or lose, and owns up to their mistakes

basically, you have a few honest adults looking for a war game...in the exact wrong place, as this community is mostly made up of young kids.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2015, 07:30:38 pm »
+3
It makes me an unapologetic hypocrite. I will happily go on and on about how when we do something it's justifiable while when my enemies do the same thing it is pure evil. And I find it sad that I have to keep reminding people that it is all propaganda. What's a war game without war propaganda?

But I always do feel bad about ganked battles, win or lose.  It sucks for both sides. But I should add a gank isn't just numbers. I recently outnumbered Thalion by ten mercs, so I asked everyone to play defensively so he could get a bit of a fight. Then I got bored and gave the order to cap flags. Well, the bastard fought us off and we only capped flags when he had 13 ticks left. That was a great, even battle despite us having way more guys.

But some people will always whine, and I just ignore them. Good luck and bad luck tend to even out.  But when we have good luck it is because we are the good guys, and when they have good luck it is because they made a deal with the devil.