Author Topic: Brotherhood_ Contract Thread  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: Brotherhood_ Bounty Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 10:32:52 am »
+1
Wait, do you merc rosters for full wars for a price... which potentially could go on forever... or for battles?

I think it would be more mercenary to do battles rather than wars.  Probably more profitable too.  You could do like Plumbo tried, and just put stones up for auction for every battle.  As a neutral mercenary faction, I'm sure you would put profits first.  I'd hate to think you had any bias.
Mercenary companies back in the day would usually be hired by countries for the duration of a war or even indefinitely. Rarely would it just be for a single battle as they weren't planned that far ahead of time and were usually just taking advantage of a foes slip up. It'd make more sense for a mercenary to sign on for a war not just for a battle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 04:09:54 pm »
+1
Wait, do you merc rosters for full wars for a price... which potentially could go on forever... or for battles?

I think it would be more mercenary to do battles rather than wars.  Probably more profitable too.  You could do like Plumbo tried, and just put stones up for auction for every battle.  As a neutral mercenary faction, I'm sure you would put profits first.  I'd hate to think you had any bias.

Whole wars would be very expensive ask Blackbird hahaha but battles are what we usually do unless u want us for like 3 in a row we do a dicount, its all negotiable!

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 04:28:39 pm »
+1
Mercenary companies back in the day would usually be hired by countries for the duration of a war or even indefinitely. Rarely would it just be for a single battle as they weren't planned that far ahead of time and were usually just taking advantage of a foes slip up. It'd make more sense for a mercenary to sign on for a war not just for a battle.

Another factor was a sense of trust, who would trust mercenaries that switched sides every battle for more gold. They would get a bad reputation and wouldn't have a high list of employers.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 04:48:37 pm »
+2
Another factor was a sense of trust, who would trust mercenaries that switched sides every battle for more gold. They would get a bad reputation and wouldn't have a high list of employers.

Everyone trusts us and wants us, we top score every battle and i dont fuck people over its all about the silver and gold for me and my boys we dont care for politics or wars or alliances or any of that bullshit just the $, thats what a mercenary should look like.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »
+1
ummm knightmare already DID what plumbo tried, hes where plumbo got the idea for doing that shit ( actually i think lumetta was first, and knightmare knew he did just as well or better and jumped on )

the problem is, u have random people buying ur stones, as well as, u might be bought by people u cant stand fighting with, i could see myself having a blast in acre ts on dtv

but strat? too little tactics, too much discussion on wieners.

knightmare has got the right idea ( not that he or any of his people actually need gold for anything )
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 06:24:03 pm »
+2
well there is one problem. The brotherhood is a faction, no mercenaries clan. A merc clan has not that many fiefs, maybe one castle or sth. And when you say no war - no allies - no politics. And that's what destroies that game actually, when there is a big faction camping, getting more troops and players than anyone else, and than start war. But well, I'll see what you guys do^^ u probably got a plan, actually I'm pretty curious of what you will do^^

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 06:35:41 pm »
+2
well there is one problem. The brotherhood is a faction, no mercenaries clan. A merc clan has not that many fiefs, maybe one castle or sth. And when you say no war - no allies - no politics. And that's what destroies that game actually, when there is a big faction camping, getting more troops and players than anyone else, and than start war. But well, I'll see what you guys do^^ u probably got a plan, actually I'm pretty curious of what you will do^^

bro...wtf, have u not noticed yet? THIS IS NA! camping \ doing nothing, is what we do best bro. also, wtf are u talking about "and then start a war" whoa, idk man, that sounds risky, i mean, even if u have the merc advantage, troop advantage, gear advantage, there is no advantage great enough to be worth the risk ( not in na anyway )

nah bro, lol, poor silly EU, thinking we play the game just like them, nah man, see, over there, massive factions use their advantages to rape everything.
over here in Na, they dont beat u to death, so much as they BORE you do death. both involve one side beating another into submission, but they are completely different ways about going about it.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 07:07:36 pm »
You will see soon what we are capable of and will do haha :D

Fief wise i dont think we care much  or what not were not attached like some clans, Were mercenaries after all everything is for trade, our swords,our armies,our bodies,our fiefs.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 07:46:05 pm »
+2
to knightmare: ur cock, I give u 5 hours to come to germany. GO ffs

plumbo: Damn I just got home from work and made me some cheeseburgers (YES WE EU'S HAVE TO DO THEM ON OUR OWN, MC DONALS DOES NOT DELIVER HERE), but reading ur posts consisting 100 % of sarcasm is just too much after the 4th beer xD

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 09:05:54 pm »
+2
You buncha filthy cold-hearted cut throats, how dare you!!!
*attempts to spit at Brotherhood leader, whilest brotherhood members drag him off into the alley to be murder-raped*
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 09:07:46 pm »
+3
You buncha filthy cold-hearted cut throats, how dare you!!!
*attempts to spit at Brotherhood leader, whilest brotherhood members drag him off into the alley to be murder-raped*

Someone has a fantasy they want fulfilled.

Will the brotherhood fulfill it? Lets find out.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 09:23:20 pm »
to knightmare: ur cock, I give u 5 hours to come to germany. GO ffs

plumbo: Damn I just got home from work and made me some cheeseburgers (YES WE EU'S HAVE TO DO THEM ON OUR OWN, MC DONALS DOES NOT DELIVER HERE), but reading ur posts consisting 100 % of sarcasm is just too much after the 4th beer xD
McDonalds doesn't deliver here either :'(. There is a burger place near my house that isnt the D's that delivers so its basically the same thing

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 10:00:23 pm »
+3
Someone has a fantasy they want fulfilled.

Will the brotherhood fulfill it? Lets find out.

hahahahaha if the pay is right!

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 12:32:29 am »
Added todays battle scores! HoC vs HCE

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
Re: Brotherhood_ Contract Thread
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 08:07:58 am »
+1
"500k gold or silver bounty on Ufoinsky 8-)

Anyone that isn't HCE member or previous member can claim 8-)"

Bounty is complete, unfortunately their was no money paid as he was attacked by a former HCE member for other reasons and also Ufoinsky is banned.