Author Topic: Conquest maps are Satan's farts  (Read 1043 times)

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
Conquest maps are Satan's farts
« on: July 12, 2015, 05:10:45 am »
ever since this map mode got into the siege rotation the only thing it's done is kill the population.
the mode has been and ever shall be total shit
we got a new NA admin like two years ago and they said that if conquest didn't get its bugs ironed those maps would get removed from the rotation
it never fucking happened

just end it
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:14:42 am by dontgothere »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: Conquest maps are Satan's farts
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:05:52 am »
+2
ever since this map mode got into the siege rotation the only thing it's done is kill the population.
the mode has been and ever shall be total shit
we got a new NA admin like two years ago and they said that if conquest didn't get its bugs ironed those maps would get removed from the rotation
it never fucking happened

just end it

Several new admins have been recently added to NA's admin team; I agree with you Conquest is bad for NA siege because of Low population.

However Conquest =/= death of siege. Conquest was added to siege long after the population of siege plummeted. Many place blame on the big clans like KUTT and MB for killing siege by constantly farming x5 for onwards of 4-5 hours at a time with little opposition if both clans were not present. To make matters worse KUTT got bored of the no opposition and quit cRPG almost completely. MB then followed suit a year after KUTT or so gets boring having no opposition.

Conquest in theory would be a lot of fun if siege had population like it used to 2-3 years ago.

If anything Conquest maps should be removed from only NA siege; EU still has enough players to support Conquest mode to an enjoyable level *sometimes*.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:04:03 am »
didnt even read it past first few lines
excuses worthless
either remove them or dont even bother replying
should have been done years back

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:13:57 am »
I've never really encountered any bugs in Conquest, and I don't agree it killed the population. Do you mean that people leave the server once Conquest comes up? If that's the case, then I'd have to agree. The maps are too big and the rounds too long for the population (NA, that is).

However, if anyone is going to put the effort into taking it out of the rotation, I can't help but feel that time would be better spent improving it. It's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to TDM. I think with a more linear design, flatter maps, and shorter distances between caps, it could be really fun. Also cutting the time down from 25 minutes or whatever it is to a more manageable 10 minutes would help a lot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 01:43:25 pm »
+4
I've never really encountered any bugs in Conquest, and I don't agree it killed the population. Do you mean that people leave the server once Conquest comes up? If that's the case, then I'd have to agree. The maps are too big and the rounds too long for the population (NA, that is).

However, if anyone is going to put the effort into taking it out of the rotation, I can't help but feel that time would be better spent improving it. It's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to TDM. I think with a more linear design, flatter maps, and shorter distances between caps, it could be really fun. Also cutting the time down from 25 minutes or whatever it is to a more manageable 10 minutes would help a lot.
Removing them takes 3 seconds and I already did so, but Nashringa decided that the changes I made will be implemented upon next patch. Improving Conquest is a very complex process which requires someone with actual modding ability.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 02:45:03 pm »
+5
Conquest actually saved the mod back then, huge clusterfuck battles with lot's of fun on both sides. but obviously with low population it no longer makes sense, and I'm not seeing it change in the future.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 02:55:48 am »
+1

However Conquest =/= death of siege. Conquest was added to siege long after the population of siege plummeted. Many place blame on the big clans like KUTT and MB for killing siege by constantly farming x5 for onwards of 4-5 hours at a time with little opposition if both clans were not present. To make matters worse KUTT got bored of the no opposition and quit cRPG almost completely. MB then followed suit a year after KUTT or so gets boring having no opposition.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! KUTT it out.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 03:13:05 am »