Author Topic: Serbia Strong  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: Serbia Strong
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:33 pm »
+1
He knew exactly what was going to happen. He was buying cheap political points
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 01:44:23 pm »
Whatever the man's history or politics it's hardly the way to behave as a civilised country is it, shit like this is pathetic and unnecessarily divisive. Attempts at reconciliation and remembrance should be treated with respect and dignity not met with child like hostility.  If people continue to respond to disagreements with peoples politics and history with violence it will only perpetrate greater violence and hostility, something which only further serves right wing nationalists.
Turtles

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1191
  • Infamy: 2412
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 02:46:17 pm »
He knew exactly what was going to happen. He was buying cheap political points

Most likely scenario, yes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1237
  • Infamy: 943
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »
Whatever the man's history or politics it's hardly the way to behave as a civilised country is it, shit like this is pathetic and unnecessarily divisive. Attempts at reconciliation and remembrance should be treated with respect and dignity not met with child like hostility.  If people continue to respond to disagreements with peoples politics and history with violence it will only perpetrate greater violence and hostility, something which only further serves right wing nationalists.

First of all, this was a setup, planned event to go in someone's favor. That put aside, Bosnia is a really weak, poor country and portion of it where muslims live is entirely engulfed by much bigger force than Bosnian government. Bosnia is a time bomb that will go off in the future, future front for ISIS. You can't blame people who live there or their government when they aren't the one in command. There is bunch of unemployed, uneducated young people who are turning to radical Islam, not because their parents or government influenced them to do so, but because that is the only future they are able to imagine.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 03:05:55 pm »
+1
I was in Bosnia in May and I was surprised how much fucking money they spend on the graves. A lot of them live in seriously poor conditions but hey lets waste a fuckload on my great-grandmothers grave. Dead family matters.

Anyway my point is, there was no point. Just a random comment.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1246
  • Infamy: 460
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 04:54:05 pm »
Whenever I went to visit relatives, main topic was discussing the diseased. Who, when and how died? For hours... I can barely stand that shit and couple times I was rude and left the table during such discussion (they don't like when someone does that).

People who live on that territory are obsessed with other people business (like most Balkanese) but death is the hottest topic around there. Not so much in Serbia, they prefer to brag about their achievements, and most of it ends up being a lie.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 05:00:39 pm »
Whenever I went to visit relatives, main topic was discussing the diseased. Who, when and how died? For hours... I can barely stand that shit and couple times I was rude and left the table during such discussion (they don't like when someone does that).

People who live on that territory are obsessed with other people business (like most Balkanese) but death is the hottest topic around there. Not so much in Serbia, they prefer to brag about their achievements, and most of it ends up being a lie.

Hah word. Most of the talk Bosnians did was about other people, and yeah, mostly diseases and death. What kind of cancer or tumor or heart attack killed a dude here and there. It fucking must be connected to the amount of beer they drink and greasy pork they eat (which is pretty fucking good to eat tho). The one guy who was from Beograd was cool though lol.