Author Topic: The Rules of Cavalry  (Read 4993 times)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
The Rules of Cavalry
« on: July 02, 2015, 05:26:36 am »
+19
So, I would like to explain the rules of caving that have been developed on NA since 2010.  While these rules are unofficial they have been preserved through the traditions of NA cav though the years and by us traditionally been followed. 

1) Always give the senior cav right away.
    a) This means that you should always be warrey to give the more senior cav the right of way.
    b) This also means that the senior cav is aware of you and will stay out of your way as well.
    c) In the event that two cav collide all care should be given to ensuring that both may escape without substantial harm.
2) In 1v1 jousting, where the challenge is clear, it is unprofessional to go for killing the opponent horse instead of the rider
   a) Traditionally, cav have shown great respect for each other and as such it is a great sign of disrespect to kill the horse instead of the man, as following this will cause him to become dismounted demonstrating not that you are the better cav, but rather that you took advantage of the closer proximity of the horse.
3) A cav's primary target is enemy cav, followed by enemy archers, and then infantry.
   a) While opportunistically this ethos is not always viable, it severs the best interest of the class to follow this rule as pubic opinion has a substantial impact over the viability of it.
   b) Cav should always have their fellow man in mind and act on behalf of their team not just their kd.
4) Team-bumping should be avoided at all costs
   a) Cav is a support class at its heart,  and as a cav we are advocates for our teammates, thus it is against our own interest to not represent theirs.
   b) Thus, even if kill can't be achieved, it is always ideal to bump an enemy so that a fellow infantry can get the kill as that is in the best interest of the team.
5) If you unintentionally kill a friendly cavalry unit's horse, it's polite to dismount and offer your own horse to them.
   a) The rider should remedy his mistakes when he is at fault.

If I think of more rules I will post them, and please leave your own!

I would also like to thank the Devs for making heavy cav viable again with the new xp/gold.  In doing so cav can once again be a substantial counter to archery while remaining vulnerable to players able to focus on challenging us.

Overall, the current balance between all the melee classes, range and cav is most impressive and better then I've seen it in years.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:19:35 am by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: The Rules of Caving
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 05:54:57 am »
1) Always give the senior cav right away.
    a) This means that you should always be warrey to give the more senior cav the right of way.
2)It is unprofessional to go for killing the opponent cav instead of his hourse
   a) Traditionally, cav have shown great respect for each other and as such it is a great sign of disrespect to kill the man instead of his horse, as following this will cause him to become dismounted which is a great dishonor in any case.
3) A cav's primary target is enemy cav, followed by enemy archers, and then infantry.
   a) While opportunistically this ethos is not always viable, it severs the best interest of the class to follow this rule as pubic opinion has a substantial impact over the viability of it.
4) Team-bumping should be avoided at all costs
   a) Cav is a support class at its heart,  and as a cav we are advocates for our teammates, thus it is against our own interest to not represent theirs.
   b) Thus, even if kill can't be achieved, it is always ideal to bump an enemy so that a fellow infantry can get the kill as that is in the best interest of the team.

5) Make sure you're rich as fuck like king mircea, preferably richer than him if possible  :?

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:20:13 am »
+19
6) reassure everyone on the server that cav is, in fact, hard

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:27:23 am »
+1
6) reassure everyone on the server that cav is, in fact, hard
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 07:06:13 am »
+8

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 07:55:12 am »
+7
Everyone knows the only rule of cavalry is "Fuck you, I'm on a horse."
(click to show/hide)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 10:30:56 am »
+1
Jason, I like you man. But I lost it at "pubic opinion" :lol:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:37:10 pm by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 10:44:25 am »
Jason, I like you man. But I lost it at "pubic opinion" :lol:

Yea, so in the past especially cav were particularly greedy with kills and often as a rustly harming teammates in the process (bumps/ teamwounds), which particularly upset people.  There was a lot of rage on the forums over it and i believe that's why cav were nerfed so much over the years.  In contrast range who is alot more unfair against the opponent (because have risk death every time they attack) have received far less rage feedback, I think because they almost never substantially interfere with teammates but instead are benefit them.  Cav should always have their fellow man in mind and act o behalf of their team not just their kd.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:55:02 am by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 11:07:39 am »
+14
"I'm on a horse, that means I'm superior" - Serfonz after getting called out on teamspeak for bumping teammates
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 01:04:16 pm »
+2
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:43:57 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 02:03:26 pm »
+3
I already do those things. I also dont kill the afks and the new spawned people on the base I just hit them few times. I also do not kill the newbies/peasants.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 02:14:36 pm »
+3
Everyone knows the only rule of cavalry is "Fuck you, I'm on a horse."

I'm on a horse mother fucker take a look at me, straight ridin on a horse in the deep green sea.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 02:33:46 pm »
+6

2) In 1v1 jousting, where the challenge is clear, it is unprofessional to go for killing the opponent cav instead of his hourse
   a) Traditionally, cav have shown great respect for each other and as such it is a great sign of disrespect to kill the man instead of his horse, as following this will cause him to become dismounted demonstrating that you are the better cav.

This is amusing because if you killed or even struck another riders horse in a medieval joust you would be disqualified and if the mount was killed or seriously injured you had to give over your own.  Encouraging people to go for the horse is the total opposite of what the true knight should do.  Going for the horse is both cowardly and displays the lack of skill of the jouster, it is far harder to hit the opponent rider and therefore far more glorious should you achieve this.  Only an ignoble, upstart knave would ever condone such a cowardly move as intentionally striking their opponents horse.
Turtles

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 02:35:11 pm »
+2

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 02:37:50 pm »
+1
This is amusing because if you killed or even struck another riders horse in a medieval joust you would be disqualified and if the mount was killed or seriously injured you had to give over your own.  Encouraging people to go for the horse is the total opposite of what the true knight should do.  Going for the horse is both cowardly and displays the lack of skill of the jouster, it is far harder to hit the opponent rider and therefore far more glorious should you achieve this.  Only an ignoble, upstart knave would ever condone such a cowardly move as intentionally striking their opponents horse.

Yes, that makes seance, and is actually the case in game as well, sorry for the error. I edited it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:43:17 pm by JasonPastman »