Author Topic: Black Bird's NA Invasion  (Read 140999 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: EU Invasion #2015
« Reply #570 on: July 09, 2015, 08:31:59 pm »
also...good luck tonight...i cant make any of the battles :(
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #571 on: July 09, 2015, 08:43:35 pm »
+8
k, first off, Mcdeath bro...u fucking WISH u were me bro, they call me BIG dick, ur just a mcdick, who used to fight for little dicks. pfff owned ( i think )

and bronto

DAMN BRO...bronto man, u fucking nailed it...like...i didnt know what Phosphorescence stood for, and naturally asuming it was some grand weshouldservebeer conspiracy, i just had to research it...i shouldnt have, its lame, but its what us insane gemstones do...ahh ehmm.

Phosphorescence is a specific type of photoluminescence related to fluorescence. Unlike fluorescence, a phosphorescent material does not immediately re-emit the radiation it absorbs. The slower time scales of the re-emission are associated with "forbidden" energy state transitions in quantum mechanics. As these transitions occur very slowly in certain materials, absorbed radiation may be re-emitted at a lower intensity for up to several hours after the original excitation.

Commonly seen examples of phosphorescent materials are the glow-in-the-dark toys, paint, and clock dials that glow for some time after being charged with a bright light such as in any normal reading or room light. Typically the glowing then slowly fades out within minutes (or up to a few hours) in a dark room.

The study of phosphorescent materials led to the discovery of radioactivity in 1896.

Ironically, white phosphorus (from which phosphorescence takes its name) does not actually exhibit this property, but rather chemiluminescence.

In simple terms, phosphorescence is a process in which energy absorbed by a substance is released relatively slowly in the form of light. This is in some cases the mechanism used for "glow-in-the-dark" materials which are "charged" by exposure to light. Unlike the relatively swift reactions in fluorescence, such as those seen in a common fluorescent tube, phosphorescent materials "store" absorbed energy for a longer time, as the processes required to re-emit energy occur less often.
Jablonski diagram of an energy scheme used to explain the difference between fluorescence and phosphorescence. The excitation of molecule A to its singlet excited state is followed by intersystem crossing to the triplet state  that relaxes to the ground state by phosphorescence.
Quantum mechanical
After an electron absorbs a photon of high energy, it may undergo vibrational relaxations and intersystem crossing to another spin state. Again the system relaxes vibrationally in the new spin state and eventually emits light by phosphorescence.

Most photoluminescent events, in which a chemical substrate absorbs and then re-emits a photon of light, are fast, in the order of 10 nanoseconds. Light is absorbed and emitted at these fast time scales in cases where the energy of the photons involved matches the available energy states and allowed transitions of the substrate. In the special case of phosphorescence, the absorbed photon energy undergoes an unusual intersystem crossing into an energy state of higher spin multiplicity (see term symbol), usually a triplet state. As a result, the energy can become trapped in the triplet state with only classically "forbidden" transitions available to return to the lower energy state. These transitions, although "forbidden", will still occur in quantum mechanics but are kinetically unfavored and thus progress at significantly slower time scales. Most phosphorescent compounds are still relatively fast emitters, with triplet lifetimes on the order of milliseconds. However, some compounds have triplet lifetimes up to minutes or even hours, allowing these substances to effectively store light energy in the form of very slowly degrading excited electron states. If the phosphorescent quantum yield is high, these substances will release significant amounts of light over long time scales, creating so-called "glow-in-the-dark" materials.
Equation

S_0 + h\nu \to S_1 \to T_1 \to S_0 + h\nu^\prime\

where S is a singlet and T a triplet whose subscripts denote states (0 is the ground state, and 1 the excited state). Transitions can also occur to higher energy levels, but the first excited state is denoted for simplicity.
Chemiluminescence
Main article: Chemiluminescence

Some examples of glow-in-the-dark materials do not glow by phosphorescence. For example, glow sticks glow due to a chemiluminescent process which is commonly mistaken for phosphorescence. In chemiluminescence, an excited state is created via a chemical reaction. The light emission tracks the kinetic progress of the underlying chemical reaction. The excited state will then transfer to a dye molecule, also known as a sensitizer or fluorophor, and subsequently fluoresce back to the ground state.
Materials

Common pigments used in phosphorescent materials include zinc sulfide and strontium aluminate. Use of zinc sulfide for safety related products dates back to the 1930s. However, the development of strontium aluminate, with a luminance approximately 10 times greater than zinc sulfide, has relegated most zinc sulfide based products to the novelty category. Strontium aluminate based pigments are now used in exit signs, pathway marking, and other safety related signage

the more u know...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:46:48 pm by gallonigher »

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:59 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 09, 2015, 08:57:22 pm »
holy shit

i didnt think Gallo ever visited diplomacy.

I know u didnt care much for strat Gallo, u should give it another shot man, honestly, strats pretty much all i play now ( well, i play the forums i guess, shits way more intense than battle )

its fun, go play it bro, ud do well at it and enjoy it i think, its more up ur alley, i always viewed u as more of a try hard fighter than a rping troll. fuck NA 1 Gallo, strats where u belong my man
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2015, 10:23:48 pm »
+1
I dont understand why it matters how HCE GOT THIER FIEFS. Fuck typing on this phone ucks. Most of eu justvoted into their fief and formed a mega alliance and raped the rest of the small factions. Remember kinngrimm stop playing strat because it was impossible for him to do abythng. But still HCE has tjeir fiefs and in warall that matters is winning so you can cry all you want
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #575 on: July 09, 2015, 11:07:33 pm »
+2
I dont understand why it matters how HCE GOT THIER FIEFS. Fuck typing on this phone ucks. Most of eu justvoted into their fief and formed a mega alliance and raped the rest of the small factions. Remember kinngrimm stop playing strat because it was impossible for him to do abythng. But still HCE has tjeir fiefs and in warall that matters is winning so you can cry all you want
Well kinngrimm is kinngrimm and it is impossible to do anything with him
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #576 on: July 09, 2015, 11:17:51 pm »
+3
Kinngrimm is a good guy he just played it in a game of thrones way.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #577 on: July 09, 2015, 11:19:09 pm »
U mean at one point he HAD to die? :D cuz chadz and his crew told him to? :D

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #578 on: July 10, 2015, 02:32:33 am »
+1
I have a big problem with those few players with their Screen Names being about Dynamics offing himself. That is way to personal and some of the shit they were saying in Chat? Forget that. Not cool at all. This is a freaking game. You don't make this stuff personal at all. I say that is grounds on ban.
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #579 on: July 10, 2015, 02:35:57 am »
+1
I have a big problem with those few players with their Screen Names being about Dynamics offing himself. That is way to personal and some of the shit they were saying in Chat? Forget that. Not cool at all. This is a freaking game. You don't make this stuff personal at all. I say that is grounds on ban.

Did dynamics kill himself irl?

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 10, 2015, 03:14:54 am »
+2

So you really find that acceptable? Trolling , talking smack. Heck in my line of work we are the worst. But I say that was boarderline bullying.
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 10, 2015, 03:40:30 am »
+1

So you really find that acceptable? Trolling , talking smack. Heck in my line of work we are the worst. But I say that was boarderline bullying.

Have you met Kesh? I am not saying Kesh is a bad person but when it came to strat and crpg that dude got wicked personal.
All in all he was a fun dude to hang out with when strat wasn't the conversation.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #582 on: July 10, 2015, 03:41:02 am »
Did you guys ever fight a field battle before we attacked u?

Cuz it doesn't seem like.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #583 on: July 10, 2015, 03:55:04 am »
+3
Bryggan woke to screams, yells, and trumpets sounding.  He had fallen asleep on his horse, and the sudden cacaphony caused him to fall out of his saddle.  Most of his men had fallen asleep, and now the enemy was tearing through them.  Through the slight moonlight piercing the overhead branches, Bryggan could see nothing but chaos.  The few who had remained awake were vastly outnumbered and were being cut down, while those slumbering were murdered in their sleep.  Bryggan tried to scramble up and grab his sword, but suddenly was aware of a great pain in his chest.

'Damn, a crossbow bolt got me,' he thought.  He grasped around his chest, but could find no bolt and no blood.  His chest felt constricted, like an elephant was sitting on him.  'Fuck this', he thought, 'I gotta fight!"  Summoning all his will power, he stood up and brandished his sword.  He tried to yell a battle cry, but he could not breath.  Through his blurred vision he saw Snicklez, Magafox, Conrad and Steve Rogers frantically trying to defend their sleeping comrades.  Damn good men those- true heroes.  And he could have sworn he seen his wife, the Empress, fighting as well.  He had to help them.

He ran several paces before the dizziness overcame him, and he crashed down in some brush unconscious.

He sort of came to some time later.  He was being dragged through the underbrush by someone he could not make out.  Whoever was pulling him was not a friend- they were taking no care for his comfort, and this was damned uncomfortable.  'Must be Rostham', he figured.  Pulling him out of the battle to slit his throat so he won't have to deal with the political aftermath of killing a prisoner- a regal prisoner.  Or maybe a bandit.  The forests were full of them.  Either he would be killed and stripped of his armour, or perhaps his captor would recognize him and ransom him.  Though who would pay the higher ransom?  His friends or his enemies?

Bryggan tried moving again.  He couldn't.  He was so damn weak.  His chest was giving him occasional stabbing pain, and he felt ill.  But no blood.  Had someone hit him in the chest with a hammer?  Whatever it was, he felt this was the end.  Either a slit throat or a slow death.  He felt this should bother him, but it didn't.  He had had a good life.  More adventures than most men- a peasant, a vassal, High King, a trader, and finally Emperor.  Though an ignominious death did not suit him.  He had meant to die gloriously on the battle field, surrounded by slain enemies, knowing that his heirs would take his place... ooh, more pain in his heart.

He could no longer open his eyes.  The figure dragging him pulled him through a shallow forest stream.  The water was cold, filling through the cracks in his armour.  He could feel the rounded rocks sliding under his armour.  'Must be easier for him, pulling me through this,' was his last thought before oblivion overtook him.

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 10, 2015, 03:55:57 am »
+3

Idk man, did I overreact? I guess I just saw it in bad taste. Talk mess all you want but telling people to kill themselves?

I'll just wag my finger really angry....shame!!!
Deserter_Merrrrrica