Author Topic: 2hand swords  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Tondaman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
2hand swords
« on: June 29, 2015, 06:14:24 am »
What are the common 2hand good swords people are using, just got my first heirloom point and am considering using it on my German great sword which I use alot, is there better sword to use it on?
BEASToftheEAST NA

Offline Kenda

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 2hand swords
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:22:09 am »
The german greatsword is probably still the most commonly used one, I prefer the danish but its really up to preference. Alot of 2h swords are good with different nieches, to me range is really fundamental though and speed isnt too relevant unless you wanna go full spam mode.

Just so you know, using your heirloom Point isn't too great. You'll lose quite a bit of gold compared to if you'd just sell it.
Trollers hear me, i rek you all motherfuckers in real life. You think you can troll me like this behind your screen foking nerd asses? I m gonna find you and ban your ass myseld.

I m watching you

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:24:16 am »
+1
What are the common 2hand good swords people are using, just got my first heirloom point and am considering using it on my German great sword which I use alot, is there better sword to use it on?

I assume you are new and that you've recieved the starterpack which includes the +3 Two Handed Sword. In my opinion it's one of the best 2h weapons in the game (fast, pretty long, good damage). I suggest using it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 10:18:24 am »
The german greatsword is probably still the most commonly used one, I prefer the danish but its really up to preference. Alot of 2h swords are good with different nieches, to me range is really fundamental though and speed isnt too relevant unless you wanna go full spam mode.

Just so you know, using your heirloom Point isn't too great. You'll lose quite a bit of gold compared to if you'd just sell it.

German greatsword still the most commonly used one?

are u fugging kiddings me m8?
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Kenda

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 01:01:56 pm »
Well thinking about the people who play alot and do well as 2H from my observations I tend to see mostly German GS's. Might be inaccurate but my Point is that its still a good choice.
Trollers hear me, i rek you all motherfuckers in real life. You think you can troll me like this behind your screen foking nerd asses? I m gonna find you and ban your ass myseld.

I m watching you

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1851
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 01:56:57 pm »
+1
Danish GS is the best. Flamberge close second, but it is very different.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 03:12:26 pm »
+1
German is a good pick if you like to use the stab a lot. I'd say Flambard is a good pick if you like using swings more, as it's got great cut and speed.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 04:51:48 pm »
Longsword and Crusader Longsword are two great mid-size swords

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 05:01:17 pm »
I assume you are new and that you've recieved the starterpack which includes the +3 Two Handed Sword. In my opinion it's one of the best 2h weapons in the game (fast, pretty long, good damage). I suggest using it.

Ofc You love it spamwhore lol, rekker in duel

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 05:17:22 pm »
Ofc You love it spamwhore lol, rekker in duel

Im spreading the love
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 06:17:11 pm »
+3

I wuld disagree with this. In the current state of the marketplace, trading is near impossible and the only way I managed to get my +3's I want is heirlooming it myself. I would sell 1 to get a lot of gold so you will never have to worry about repairs again, then work on heirlooming gear you like.

There is no real "best" of any weapon class. It is all preference really.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Kenda

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 06:31:03 pm »
+1
I wuld disagree with this. In the current state of the marketplace, trading is near impossible and the only way I managed to get my +3's I want is heirlooming it myself. I would sell 1 to get a lot of gold so you will never have to worry about repairs again, then work on heirlooming gear you like.

There is no real "best" of any weapon class. It is all preference really.

Purhaps ur right, I haven't been active on the marketplace for quite some time, just went on the other day and things looked kind of the same, maybe the amount of trading has gone down alot though.

I m watching you

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 07:34:15 pm »
Purhaps ur right, I haven't been active on the marketplace for quite some time, just went on the other day and things looked kind of the same, maybe the amount of trading has gone down alot though.

Yeah, I have had trades up for weeks with no bites, even adding gold on my end to sweeten the deal. Market is dead.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 08:50:42 pm »
+3
any greatsword will do, i like the danish more then german ( more of a swinger then a stabber )

but honestly,,,they are all good, even the 33c lombardic sword in 2h is good. mind u a lombardic will get u a lower kd then a flamberge or flambard

i like the war sword and the french great sword, especially the french...i dont like shealths though sooo
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Tondaman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 10:33:13 pm »
+3
Sweet thanks for the advice guys, I'll probably rock the danish greatsword for a while.
BEASToftheEAST NA