Author Topic: Suggested Cut to Generation XP Bonus  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Suggested Cut to Generation XP Bonus
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:26:35 am »
I think I've already said this, but it's worth repeating here: the generation bonus for XP is too much. I've heard of people who, before this patch, were generation 14 or 15. They probably had time for another 1 or 2 retirements since then. I've been playing this mod since August. Think about it: in another five months these retire-maniacs, getting two and a half or three times the XP of everyone else, will have ground their way back up to level 34 and be pwning again - they won't have 250wpf this time, but instead they'll be smashing eveyone to a pulp with PS9 or running round enemies with Athletics 9 or breaking the sound barrier on their coursers with Riding 9 or something. Worse, the people who've had lots of retirements were able to retire under the pre-patch rules at level 15, whereas anyone who starts now has to grind to 30 so not only will the soft level cap be broken through in the end, it will only be able to be broken through by an elite group of high gens that the rest of us can never catch.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: Suggested Cut to Generation XP Bonus
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:38:08 am »
Isn't it great when games only cater to new players?

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 02:46:34 am »
have ground their way back up to level 34 and be pwning again - they won't have 250wpf this time, but instead they'll be smashing eveyone to a pulp with PS9 or running round enemies with Athletics 9 or breaking the sound barrier on their coursers with Riding 9 or something.

I lol'd a little bit.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:49:12 am »
Gen bonus already got changed afaik...
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 02:52:33 am »
What is it now?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 03:03:47 am »
10%

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 03:04:47 am »
Each gen?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline downer

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: downer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 03:07:16 am »
Each gen?

Yep. Base XP with x1 mod is 1,000 per tick. At generation 5 I get 1,500 per tick.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 04:09:18 am »
have ground their way back up to level 34 and be pwning again - they won't have 250wpf this time, but instead they'll be smashing eveyone to a pulp with PS9 or running round enemies with Athletics 9 or breaking the sound barrier on their coursers with Riding 9 or something.

I lol'd a little bit.

+1.  The guy has no clue, like 3 levels makes you a superhero. lol.  Because of course people at level 30 pwn level 27 people.

FYI: Every level after 30 the total required xp is double the total xp for the previous level.  So 4 million and change for level 30, 8 mill for 31, 17 million for 32, 35 mill for 33, 70 mill for 34, 140 mill for 35.  Under the new xp system without the exponential boost of high xp strategus fights (think they are by the minute too in the future and gold will be the draw to merc instead), it is impossible to get to level 35.  This is someone who got to 100 million xp, most of that was strategus fights.  Im now at 11 million and im sorry to say its a far less engaging and challenging game where everyone has relatively fixed class builds thanks to wpf cap, level cap, upkeep, etc. as all these limiting factors create cookie cutter generic native style characters.  I still play but about 1/3 going to 1/4 as much and mostly for the fun of hanging with friends on vent while fighting.  Never really felt like  agrind to me pre-patch because I really enjoyed making my characters and the diversity of opponents, but it really is a grind now between upkeep and level caps.  No one is masochistic enough under the new game to play one character out without retiring again up to 70+ million xp for 3 measly levels.  Enough said.

P.S. but if they are they should enjoy their superstar status with 1 extra PS and IF.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:10:59 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 04:22:52 am »
heres a suggestion instead of retiring setting you back to lvl 1 and you leveling up faster, you should just lose a set amount of exp. but always level up at same speed.

OP has a point with current gen system theres need to be a HARD cap otherwise sad acts with gen 15 WILL grind to lvl 40.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:30:20 am by Banok »

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 04:28:39 am »
I suggest a poll to cut your penis.

Btw i'm generation 1 but if you want this mod to be like native, go play native and don't suggest shit.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 06:49:50 am »
heres a suggestion instead of retiring setting you back to lvl 1 and you leveling up faster, you should just lose a set amount of exp. but always level up at same speed.

OP has a point with current gen system theres need to be a HARD cap otherwise sad acts with gen 15 WILL grind to lvl 40.

Seriosuly did you read my post?  Level 40 is 9.6 BILLION xp to get to, yes thats a billion with 9 zeroes after it.  The xp requirement doubles every level after 30 and that exponentional growth adds up real fast.  You would have to play 24/7 for 30 years to get to level 40 sos top this foolishness.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Chapman

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 10:33:43 am »
Just find their weakness then... they may have 9 athletics but a crossbow bolt can stop that.

Offline Halevolm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Haargrim
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 10:50:53 am »
Really, people.... How hard it is to understand that the required xp for example that lvl 34 is so sick that so few people would grind there that it wouldn't make any diffrence? One more point in WM or PS isn't going to do any diffrence in game balance. I for example I'm btw. gen 9 char player and mine highest char have been lvl 30 and no wpf stackking ever just diffrent chars, retirement doesn't make all people boring grinders.... Leave it as it is now, it's good right now.

Offline Puppybull

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
  • Faction: The Free Companies of Calradia
  • Game nicks: Apsalar / o2O / Chaotic_Good / Xaeros_Unicorns / 2Laggy4U
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 11:18:01 am »
Just find their weakness then... they may have 9 athletics but a crossbow bolt can stop that.
Yeah lol. no difference at all idk why people are mad. btw tho, you can dodge everything :D