Author Topic: Heritage not Hate  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Heritage not Hate
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 01:34:16 am »
+1
Yeah, it's totally a random coincidence that the traitor battle flag was addopted as a symbol by a murderous white supremacist. It totally isn't a legacy of the monstrous failure of postwar reconstruction. It's not like it was popularized and used as a symbol specifically by the KKK and other white supremacist groups, the reason it is considered the "traitor" flag in pop culture, even though as pointed out it wasn't. Ideologies and symbols, the history behind them, totally meaningless, they are all equally valid, and never, ever affect actions. Fuck, I'm sure this guy could've just as easily been driven to kill a bunch of innocent black people in a church if he identified as a buddhist and wore prayer beads all the time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 03:29:19 am »
+2
So, are they going to ban Starcraft? I mean Terran Confederacy

Or this?

so fucking retarded

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 03:35:22 am »
+1
Yeah, it's totally a random coincidence that the traitor battle flag was addopted as a symbol by a murderous white supremacist. It totally isn't a legacy of the monstrous failure of postwar reconstruction. It's not like it was popularized and used as a symbol specifically by the KKK and other white supremacist groups, the reason it is considered the "traitor" flag in pop culture, even though as pointed out it wasn't. Ideologies and symbols, the history behind them, totally meaningless, they are all equally valid, and never, ever affect actions. Fuck, I'm sure this guy could've just as easily been driven to kill a bunch of innocent black people in a church if he identified as a buddhist and wore prayer beads all the time.

so basically what you are sarcastically saying is its okay to whitewash our history, remove our past, and censor the battle flag.  Should we also change our country name to Germany and pretend the war never happened? This just so happens to conveniently fall directly into the "race issue" that the media created.  You do understand this has spilled far beyond the battle flags supposed "ideologies of the KKK, white supremacy, and racism".

SKIP TO 14:35 FOR RELATED MATERIAL

Basically by the time everything is all said and done we wont have a first amendment and we will just rename the country Germany 2.0 and be unable to even utter the words "confederacy" due to "oppression and racism".

So, are they going to ban Starcraft? I mean Terran Confederacy

Or this?
(click to show/hide)

so fucking retarded

they already have.........

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/23/8836571/dukes-of-hazzard-car-toys-traitor-flag

its been recalled from stores and no longer being sold, i also read that they will no longer use the branding, this link is just something i quickly googled
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:38:44 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 03:40:44 am »
+3
Banning it is dumb, agreed. But let's not start with the usual moronic feels>reals platitudes. The Civil War was entirely about slavery. Pretending it was about state's rights and independence from the federal government is revisionist bullshit from modern day libertarians. It was about state's individual state's rights to practive slavery free from federal intervention and busy body northern abolitionists, that was the one sticking point that led to war, anything else was just superfluous. I'm sure quite a lot of the aforementioned modern day libertarians that jerk off to anything anti-federalist addopt the flag as a symbol of that, but let's not pretend that the flag doesn't have a taint of racial ideology that existed well beyond the actual civil war, and continues to exist.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 03:42:40 am »
Ahahaha Antiblitz ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Oh my this is the funniest shit ever,  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 04:06:52 am »

you walked right into it :)

the stores and all who no longer carry it are mind boggling, really, its hypocritical, this is amazon, dont worry they expressed already they arent racists, took down that oppressive flag.  Still sells chocolate chip cookie stuff doe......

well, i tried to put links, but ya kno, german forums, censorship and what not, "meh feels"

btw i dont necessarily disagree with you Oberyn, but the flag is what you make it, unfortunately, the people who make it unbearable are the ones making sure it gets removed.  The same people who are defacing and destroying traitor monuments.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:18:44 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 04:11:00 am »

Yea, I can't believe they are actually doing that. Almost feels like if you're white, you can't do shit cause "Insert Non-White Blame Game shit here".

Sigh. Oh well back to polishing my guns and preaching my bible.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 04:16:15 am »
+10
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 04:20:15 am »
+2
please take it down, i have so many mixed feelings, im not sure what to be angry about, the jews, the gays, the naz is, or racists.  Its too much!

Offline Doom_Carrot

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Empire of Palagor
  • Game nicks: Doom_Carrot
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 04:22:05 am »

Soo much.... I... Can't... compute....
It was fun while it lasted.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 10:06:14 am »
btw i dont necessarily disagree with you Oberyn, but the flag is what you make it, unfortunately, the people who make it unbearable are the ones making sure it gets removed.  The same people who are defacing and destroying traitor monuments.

Why don't you think its insensitive towards blacks to wave a flag for a faction who literally went to war to fight for their right to keep black slaves. Why would you want to keep a symbol like that knowing what it represents to people?

It is no accident that traitor symbols have been the mainstay of white supremacist organizations, from the Ku Klux Klan to the skinheads. They did not appropriate the traitor battle flag simply because it was pretty. They picked it because it was the flag of a nation dedicated to their ideals: 'that the black in spanish is not equal to the white man'. The traitor flag, we are told, represents heritage, not hate. But why should we celebrate a heritage grounded in hate, a heritage whose self-avowed reason for existence was the exploitation and debasement of a sizeable segment of its population?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:14:27 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 10:14:34 am »
+2

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 10:39:29 am »
honestly there could be whatever story behind it anyway, but when a flag to people represents something that is what should matter the most tbh. since white supremacists feel that the flag is their symbol and use it as such i'm afraid that affects what the flag represent and represented; i mean, i wouldn't mind going around with a gigantic swast1ka on my back since it represented something different but this is not what people would first think of. i dunno.

regarding the censorship, that was stupid. or even worse, it looks it's made on marketing purpose maybe meh

and regarding THIS forum censorship, seriously, can't even write swast1ka that cute puppy comes out? have we seriously come to this?why would you even censor such a thing? like what use could be done of that word? there should be a thread discussing about the sick censorship running this forum maybe :l

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 10:56:16 am »
1. Gives independence to the backward southern, redneck states
2. Deports all the closet racist rednecks to the southern states that now are independent
3. Thus creates a ''buffer state'' between Real US/Northern US and Mexico so you'll also get a big wall of land to decrease the amount of Mexican immigrants coming into Northern US as well as keeping the racist rednecks to themselves
4. ??
5. PROFIT

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 01:35:15 pm »
The North also didn't return fugitive slaves that escaped the plantations from the South.

Wow, those assholes. I'm mean, you feed 'em, you beat 'em - like literally whip them into shape - and those Northerners don't even hand the boy back when he gets lost a little bit.