Author Topic: World War Calradia  (Read 5315 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: World War Calradia
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 06:19:28 am »
+1
I see that the Sword of the South has come to test his strength against the walls of Slezkh castle. He will find no sleeping sentries to subdue! Behold, our noble Lord Rostam sings the song of his people to awaken the garrison and rally his warriors!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/website-en-4ce5271c2141b03cce55383e3b6e94a5.html

Dude that was awesome. Now I will have to make a video at some point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 06:57:24 am »
You weren't AFK when we were at war(Now and the first time)

They went AFK after the Stark-Warden war

Offline poonerplox2

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat Stacks and Super Pacs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blue, nhootiewhoo
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:45 pm »
+1
I see that the Sword of the South has come to test his strength against the walls of Slezkh castle. He will find no sleeping sentries to subdue! Behold, our noble Lord Rostam sings the song of his people to awaken the garrison and rally his warriors!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/website-en-4ce5271c2141b03cce55383e3b6e94a5.html

This is why we are friends, can you make more of these?

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 04:02:01 am »
That probably was the greatest call to arms I've ever seen.  Still trying to decide who to sign for.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 03:38:21 am »
Hey guys, sorry for the time of the next battle.  We didn't know our guy had some bad night time settings. They will be corrected before the next battle. 

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 03:55:12 am »
+1
Hey guys, sorry for the time of the next battle.  We didn't know our guy had some bad night time settings. They will be corrected before the next battle.

Tons of respect for that. Not going to name names but other people haven't been so courteous about shitty night time settings instead they were just asshats about it.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2015, 04:53:56 am »
Tons of respect for that. Not going to name names but other people haven't been so courteous about shitty night time settings instead they were just asshats about it.

But they won't argue about it. 

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 02:16:24 pm »
 Come on guys, you don't need to use night time setting to win fights. I'm sure if you guys all keep working together you can fight us like real men.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:51:59 pm by njames89 »

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 05:36:18 pm »
+3
James, that sentiment is beneath you.  As I had explained before the night time settings were an accident. Our guy is new to doing things on strat and we just forgot to check and make sure he knew how night time settings work.

Trying to pretend that we intentionally are using night time settings to try and beat you guys is just  an asinine expression of being anally-bruised. I was actually coming on here to congratulate the HCE fighters for putting up a good defense and for so many of them coming out to fight at such a bad time. We were certainly surprised by the amount of mercs that showed for us, I thought we were going to be outnumbered for sure.

So i'd like to congratulate every HCE fighter other than James. Even if I wanted to congratulate you James, you have your head so far up your anus (licking your wounds) that you wouldn't even hear me.  Though, even when you pop outside for a breath of air, like some ass-dwelling dolphin your ears are so compacted with fecal matter that I doubt you would be able to hear me.  I think the incessant seepage of shit into your brain is starting to take its tole. In fact, you may be suffering from a condition called shit-mosis. It happens when you keep your head up your ass so long the shit starts to condensate on the inside of your skull, and gradually makes its way through the blood-brain barrier and marinates your brain in your own steamy sewage juices. Honestly, when we fought Acre before how many battles did were at bad times? When we fought the Starks, how many battles were at bad times? You can go check the records if you want to.  I'm sure there will be plenty of good battles to come.  Have a nice day.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:40:00 pm by Thalion_Menelvagor »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 05:42:59 pm »
I don't believe you. Try to not get to mad about it though.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2015, 06:21:15 pm »
+1
James, that sentiment is beneath you... blah blah blah...Have a nice day.
Thalion, James is just spewing propaganda, and I thought it was pretty clever. It seemed to me that he wasn't be too serious.

But it is always weep worthy losing a large army that way, but we all agree that shit happens. I'm glad our boys put up a fierce fight.  I couldn't make it as I'm in the middle of moving and my Internet is off. Still, we look forward to exacting holy vengeance on you guys.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 08:58:52 pm »
+2
Come battle time the rosters were a lot closer to being even at 33v38, and should it have been those numbers I feel there might have been a very different outcome due to Mithrim's gear situation. Instead it was actually 20v35 since the HCE didn't have nearly 40% of their mercs show up. Is it entirely Mithrim's fault that their enemies can't secure reliable mercs, including members of their own faction?

Mithrim could have ordered everyone dig in and camp the flags for the 50 minute duration of the battle, but you guys should be thankful that they ordered charges instead, as it allowed you guys to perform far better and I feel it was a more enjoyable experience for all. Defenders can hold off against waves of attacks when severely outnumbered for some time, but there is nothing more morale-crushing than charging against a wall of fortified enemies that outnumber you nearly 2 to 1. Be glad that wasn't the case.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2015, 09:34:19 pm »
+1
Come battle time the rosters were a lot closer to being even at 33v38, and should it have been those numbers I feel there might have been a very different outcome due to Mithrim's gear situation. Instead it was actually 20v35 since the HCE didn't have nearly 40% of their mercs show up. Is it entirely Mithrim's fault that their enemies can't secure reliable mercs, including members of their own faction?
Is it Mithrims fault for our mercs not showing up? Partially. Their shit night time setting made the majority of our players not want to show up as it was at 3am for them(Quote from Red: "I will not play a battle at 3am. Fuck that"). However, it isn't their fault that people signed up then decided they couldn't be assed to show up afterwards.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2015, 11:09:20 pm »
+1

Mithrim could have ordered everyone dig in and camp the flags for the 50 minute duration of the battle, but you guys should be thankful that they ordered charges instead, as it allowed you guys to perform far better and I feel it was a more enjoyable experience for all. Defenders can hold off against waves of attacks when severely outnumbered for some time, but there is nothing more morale-crushing than charging against a wall of fortified enemies that outnumber you nearly 2 to 1. Be glad that wasn't the case.

Honestly watching that fight last night was more entertaining than playing DTV.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2015, 11:27:49 pm »
Is it Mithrims fault for our mercs not showing up? Partially. Their shit night time setting made the majority of our players not want to show up as it was at 3am for them(Quote from Red: "I will not play a battle at 3am. Fuck that"). However, it isn't their fault that people signed up then decided they couldn't be assed to show up afterwards.

Well the problem with this is that you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot each and every time you have a large roster on the site. Don't get into the habit of signing up 30+ when you know at least 10 of them won't make it. Tell your guys to only sign up if they know they can most definitely show up, enforce discipline. It scares the other side into going hardcore-recruiting mode at the last minute, when anyone they contact is obviously around at that time. If you only had 20 mercs on your roster and had 100% attendance, Mithrim most likely would have had a smaller roster, content in the fact that they had an even roster/slight advantage. There would have been no need at that point to go the extra mile or two to get 38 mercs.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador