Author Topic: Nerf crossbows.  (Read 10479 times)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Re: Nerf crossbows.
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2015, 03:04:56 pm »
I guess (only my opinion) what makes players gettin really annoied is to be chanceless. Thats why everybody hates throwers. If they focus u, they will kill you. U have no chance to kill them cuz they will be way faster. If ure a tryhard killing 2-5 players a round and u get for example dismounted by a gay hiding in bush with his xbow (kinda all hs of my arabian end in a dismount...) and then that crossbow is running away, a thrower appears and does shoot and run. It is the:"what could I have done" question. The answer will be allways: if the enemy does good as ranged, you are chanceless. No matter if thrower archer or crossbow.

But, what I would appreciate to see, is that those long range shots are harder to do. I really play rarely ranged, but seeing myself being able to kill horses from kinda every spot on the map makes me sad.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2015, 07:11:22 pm »
+2
The point of crossbows has always been a weapon that can be used with minimal training.

But they still require a training. Saying that a crossbow can be used by everyone is like saying today everyone can use a gun or a rifle without or with a minimal training, this is true and false at the same time.

Yes you can use it without training but only if you want to make a shoot above 25m (and with some luck). Try to make a shoot at 90/100m and see how your shoot gonna fail.

If we keep your idea, everyone can also take a bow and make a 10/20m shoot without training. Or everyone can take a sword and can kill someone. If we follow what you say, we can remove all the requirement already in game because they have no sense.

Requirements are not here for realism, they are here for the gameplay and for the game balance.

If you want to talk about realism, we can discuss about the bolt who stay loaded when you have your xbow on back (the bolt should drop on ground, xbow didn't have attach for loaded bolts) or we can talk about the real reloading speed because historically, a good xbower can make, in good condition, 4 or 5 shoots per minutes (and when I say a good xbower, I mean a good trained one, see wikipedia for references)...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:40:15 pm by matt2507 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2015, 08:32:49 pm »
Just nerf ranged in general. The game went from mildly fun to a boring rangefest again. Even if you are meleeing the game feels so glitchy with models sliding through each other and stuff. The fun factor is pretty absent atm, need a good patch to set it right again
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2015, 10:39:43 pm »
is like saying today everyone can use a gun or a rifle without or with a minimal training

#Murrica?

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 11:47:29 pm »
Need more xbow wpf to be a good crossbowman than you need to be a good thrower, and as a thrower the best throwing weapon is also the best melee weapon. You can even change immediately between throwing mode and melee mode, giving you loads of free (high-damaging) hits.

I can see how that is frustrating (though they don't one-shot), but strat is dead.

Not a chance, I'd take the xbows unless they're holding some sort of fort.

Against 5 archers => kited and dead
Against 5 throwers => kited and dead
Against 5 xbows => pray that they miss their bolt and then they're just a shittier melee build with a worse weapon. They won't be able to reload

Ok so archers and throwers i got a shield with 8 or 9 shield skill chased them around and kill them. Well xbowers either 1 shot me when I didn't have the shield up or when I got to them they were much stronger than I was at melee, even though I would whoop their ass still just becuase im generally the better player, it is not the normal case for the average person. This is the reason everything needs to be fixed not just xbows. I would like to make this game fun again and a lot of ignorant ideas to balance in this community by ignorant people approving them is ruining and have ruined it for the most part.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 12:23:25 am »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 12:27:11 am »

Requirements are not here for realism, they are here for the gameplay and for the game balance.

Maybe that's the problem.  Maybe it's a misconception that everyone has to be a hero and have an equal chance 1v1.  Maybe the mod is too balanced. 

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 12:27:45 am »
+1
Maybe that's the problem.  Maybe it's a misconception that everyone has to be a hero and have an equal chance 1v1.  Maybe the mod is too balanced.

go play mercenaries or native if you don't want balance.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2015, 02:41:41 am »
go play mercenaries or native if you don't want balance.

This is what bad players say after they get destroyed.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2015, 04:02:52 am »
I was never really like a great dueler, not mounted, neither on foot. I was never really good as a ranged, but I fucking rocked teamfights :3 That's the reason why I loved cRPG :3 In merc u don't find teamfights. And I left native cuz the community there was weird. After my first clan I never really met cool ppl there so I simply stopped and only played cRPG.

oh and shema, really.. I remember u playing cav in Merc. U wanna tell me it was not op and extremely unbalanced? :D Haven't noticed u as archer there, but damn, they made them so fucking op...

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2015, 02:05:35 pm »
+2
Against 5 archers => kited and dead
Against 5 throwers => kited and dead
Against 5 xbows => pray that they miss their bolt and then they're just a shittier melee build with a worse weapon. They won't be able to reload

You got archer and xbow backwards. Archers can't kite (try to make a 9 or 10PD build with any athletics). Xbows can kite - almost all of them as xbow requires mostly agility, not strength.

Currently all ranged is overpowered, archery being by far the strongest in terms of DPS and xbow arguably the weakest. Still I find xbows to be the lamest of the bunch due to the fact that they can have 9-10 athletics or a shield. Xbows don't really need to be nerfed, just give them some sort of requirement to slow them down a bit and then buff cavalry - the natural counter for any ranged.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »
+2
Pretty sure I suggested making the bigger crossbows 3 slot like a year ago...

Anyway I'd do that. Throwing and archery have their own problems so comparisons seem pointless.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2015, 07:15:08 pm »
+1
You got archer and xbow backwards. Archers can't kite (try to make a 9 or 10PD build with any athletics). Xbows can kite - almost all of them as xbow requires mostly agility, not strength.

Currently all ranged is overpowered, archery being by far the strongest in terms of DPS and xbow arguably the weakest. Still I find xbows to be the lamest of the bunch due to the fact that they can have 9-10 athletics or a shield. Xbows don't really need to be nerfed, just give them some sort of requirement to slow them down a bit and then buff cavalry - the natural counter for any ranged.

xbows can only kite away but if you stay on them they won't be able to reload.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2015, 08:45:41 pm »
+1
xbows can only kite away but if you stay on them they won't be able to reload.

Then you have not seen Akbar and Veselov on EU1. They are the cRPG equivalent of Forrest Gump - if it wasn't for the fact that instead of just being adorable, they shoot you in the face.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2015, 11:05:23 pm »
+1
Then you have not seen Akbar and Veselov on EU1. They are the cRPG equivalent of Forrest Gump - if it wasn't for the fact that instead of just being adorable, they shoot you in the face.

then they must be in super light armor which equals easy kills for good range players.