Author Topic: Quick Pre-Patch Map Rotation Adjustment (Community Feedback Required)  (Read 7538 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: Quick Pre-Patch Map Rotation Adjustment (Community Feedback Required)
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 11:00:28 am »
10 upvotes on my post that says we should remove it, no downvotes. Only 8 downvotes on your post to keep it, of which I was one. In addition to that, two people who upvoted my post also upvoted yours (while plenty who voted on one didn't vote on the other).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 11:02:06 am »
+1
Some people are afraid to downvote for some reason. So they didn't downvote you even though they support having the map. Others may not have revisited the forum or this thread to upvote or downvote more as well.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 11:17:41 am »
It does seem a little weird and perhaps the straight 10 upvotes you received on your proposal for removal merits a removal, but I'm no longer at home and I have no time, but you could PM Nashringa.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 11:20:34 am »
thanks for your effort teeth!  good man.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2015, 05:56:27 pm »
+1
I feel obliged to protect people against the very potent force of map nostalgia. I won't claim that the things I wrote about the maps are free of my own interpretation, but they are also based on the provided written explanations provided by me and previous scene managers in the config files and on months of careful attention to the response to maps from players. As soon as you are able to explain to me what maps you would remove because "they are too infantry friendly", I will think about feeling guilty for steering votes and looking for maps that infantry players enjoy. Until then, perhaps the nature of your post and the nature of my post and the people voting on them, could have something to do with a different voting outcome as well.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2015, 06:17:20 pm »
Please upvote or downvote this map (it is currently in, upvote means you want to play it, downvote means you don't)

Ice Age
(click to show/hide)

Plays well enough, nothing special, suffers from sunken houses syndrome.
OK if so many like it. If the snow wasn't green I wouldn't have a problem with it,  can you at least edit the snow to be white?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2015, 06:19:01 pm »
Some maps have a nearly fullblown divide between NA upvoting and EU downvoting (where EU is more numerous). I hope this is taken into consideration

Tbh all EU1 needs to keep it's community happy is a map with no opportunity for ranged nests, and a few obstacles for cav but still notionally the possibility that cav and ranged are viable. Anything else or anything more creative or different is eventually going to be QQd out of rotation.
Didn't eu use to have its own map rotation that was different than na's?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Youhou

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Youhou
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2015, 11:28:36 pm »
+5
Suggesting removal of one newer map (I think?). Don't know the name but other team starts from forest far outside of a village and other team from near bridge with some piles of rubble on it. There is huge village which is on very steep hill and top of that is some nordic headquarter house.

Cons:
-very huge map taking much time for fight
-random rubble on the bridge just slows things even more
-all the fighting happens in village which is basically very steep hill makes it really tiresome
-flag spawns favors other team a lot
-thinking about cav, it's unplayable (hill)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2015, 12:09:09 am »
Theres a couple of shitty maps that should be removed IMO, the native one with snow and a big frozen lake circle in the middle, no cover, just woods around the borders for cover. Awful map. And then the desert themed map with 2 large buildings with tunnels that has an openable floor gate, and massive roofs to be camped. Also an alt f4 map due to rooftop ranged and wherevery you go as infantry, it is awkward to fight.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2015, 12:25:30 am »
+1
Suggesting removal of one newer map (I think?). Don't know the name but other team starts from forest far outside of a village and other team from near bridge with some piles of rubble on it. There is huge village which is on very steep hill and top of that is some nordic headquarter house.

Cons:
-very huge map taking much time for fight
-random rubble on the bridge just slows things even more
-all the fighting happens in village which is basically very steep hill makes it really tiresome
-flag spawns favors other team a lot
-thinking about cav, it's unplayable (hill)

I believe the name of that map is coming home but is mislabeled as daruvians cage match. I also agree that it should be taken out
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:41 pm »
+2
Really looking forward to having some of these great maps back!!!

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2015, 02:09:21 am »
+1
Well I really love conquest, but atm the maps are just made for too high amount of players ... :/ So I would say you should remove all of them for now.

Offline CzlowiekKot

• Count
  • Renown: 239
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: CzlowiekKot, kotman, DominantSpecies, DangerZone, Krush_Varrok, CzlowiekKon, ColdSagRun
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2015, 02:51:10 pm »
+2
Do not remove conquest!!!

Conquest, besides strategus, is the only place where you can use catapults and siege towers. Since our mod has such exceptional thing like siege equipment it would be stupid to remove it completely.
My idea is that once you enable placing ladders on siege, delete the automatic ones and make players actually use siege equipment to capture the castle their own way. Siege will become siege, not TDM in a castle with a flag.
Before you enable ladders you might want to make conquest map end after 1 round, because it becomes boring when after 30 min defenders win and you get the same 30 minutes of impossible map again.
If you will go for the real siege thing, we also need conquest maps where destroying walls makes sense (walls should be low, not like in that tall rectangular desert conquest castle).

And add more challenging maps to DTV(possibly old ones like someone mentioned here).

So for now:
-At least keep that conquest castle where half of the castle is wooden and half is stone (I don't know the map name). Walls are low and destroying them makes an actually useful hole.
-Make conquest maps end after 1 round, if it's possible make conquest maps appear only when there is enough players.
-Definitely more maps for DTV.
"If i was a wizard, this wouldn't be happening"

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2015, 02:57:18 pm »
really? U got banned?

Well in my opinion we should get NEW conquest maps made for low population where ppl can use ladders and shit :D I would probably make one of them ;)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2015, 02:59:18 pm »
What happened to the map where each team starts on the side of a raided caravan with a big hill on one side and some shallows on the other? I liked that map.