Author Topic: Just Cause 3  (Read 7264 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Re: Just Cause 3
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 06:11:50 pm »
Release date: nov 30th
Today's date: nov 30th

Steam: game will be unlocked in 15 hours.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 06:30:51 pm »
Just watched a youtube video where he's checking the performance of the game on Xbone and he has fps slowdowns to 17(!)fps :lol:
It runs like shit, it seems.
That frightens me a little concerning the PC version... but then again, all Avalanche games I played ran perfectly well for me.
We'll find out soon, I guess.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 03:44:56 am »
+1
Its out!!! Played for a couple of hours now before going to sleep, god it feels good to be in control instead of watching some numbnut streamers who cant hit the broad side of a barn with the rpg, much less the grappling hooks. And god did they make the wingsuit look difficult, but its actually really smooth and amazingly pleasant to use. Did a couple of wingsuit challenges, a pleasant LOTR like theme plays (i think its the rivendell theme it sounds like) while you drop, went for perfect scores on both. Leaderboards are fun to compete on, allthough there were like 10 peeps currently, i can imagine it being nice later on, unless hackers ruin them ofcourse.

Wingsuiting really is a great feeling of freedom, with beautiful views, the game is incredibly colorful and makes me want to take a trip to some tropical paradise for a bit.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 09:19:28 am »
Unpacking... >_<

Edit: massive issues on AMD GPUs. Latest driver seems to be the culprit. Reverting back to the latest beta driver fixed the glitches for me. Still crashing from time to time.
I am always puzzled how these kind of things go past QA.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:55:53 am by Molly »

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 12:14:42 pm »
Yeah games a lot of fun... Though I have to run it in 1600x720 resolution to get decent frames on high settings. :( Pretty sure its my 2gb gtx 770 not having enough memory...
Recommended requirements I all meet except for their recommended 3gb of gpu mem... Next time I buy a video card I'm going all out 12gb+ :3

One main gripe is that aiming is kind of difficult with controller... maybe its my xbox one controller idk... migth try 360 controller tomorrow.
Flying helicopters and driving is much better with controller but aiming guns or trying to aim guns in helicopter with controller is a chore X( No option to change controller stick sensitivity... controller itself seems to have very large deadzones for analog sticks and then when u hit the part where u actually move/aim it is super super sensitive so im always over aiming (over correcting) when trying to aim at something. I tried mouse and keyboard and aiming was much better... but i hate driving/flying w/ mouse and keyboard.

Other than that I think the game is a lot of fun... it could use more skill unlocks though, I seem to remember just cause 2 having more skill unlocks. But the gibungous map definitely makes up for that.

Don't know why steam reviews are so bad.... maybe everyone having problems running it on their machine and giving it bad reviews like always?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:20:54 pm by Sir_Hans »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 12:24:56 pm »
I remember having the same thing with Just Cause 2.
Especially driving motorcycles is a pain with keyboard and sooo much better with pad but the aiming... :?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 01:21:17 pm »
Ah yes, the reviews are indeed very bad. Understandable if the game doesnt work on AMD cards. Ive lowered the graphics quite a bit, nearly all is on low, and i needed vsync for no screentearing, but even then at times it stutters on my GTX960. Nvidia hasnt released any drivers for the game though, as they usually seem to do, so im expecting some improvement.. maybe.. Or maybe the devteam will work their magic.

Nvidia recommends maxing all out basically, and i have nearly everything on low. Thats odd.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »
+2
A lot of game reviews are skewed by early performance/technical issues. I would reckon it's a bit unfair for the devs once they solve the problems, but at least it motivates them to release a working game. However I still think it would be a good idea to enable Steam reviews like a week or two after release, or separate them into two different categories, technical and content.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 01:34:27 pm »
A lot of game reviews are skewed by early performance/technical issues. I would reckon it's a bit unfair for the devs once they solve the problems, but at least it motivates them to release a working game. However I still think it would be a good idea to enable Steam reviews like a week or two after release, or separate them into two different categories, technical and content.

IMO since all early steam reviews are slowly being replaced by new ones, even if they have 50000 thumbs up, the ratings works. Whats really unfair is the overall % rating system, which does not filter outdated reviews.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 02:05:52 pm »
Whats really unfair is the overall % rating system, which does not filter outdated reviews.

That's what I meant. That's the number (and accompanying text) that customers see firstly.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »
Well for me, even though I look at the rating first, I put more emphasis on what I look second: scroll down and read the first most helpful reviews, comparing the date they were written to today.

Maybe they could add a fading system to the % ratings, so that a 6+ months old review is no longer calculated into the global %. Because I dont see a way we could force people to post technical/content reviews, fanboys/haters will always try to shoot/glorify their game anyway they can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1870
  • Infamy: 2298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 04:47:45 pm »
Seems to me only hipsters rate games on steam. In general, public game rating isn't much better than critic ratings. In a world where Pewdiepie makes millions of dollars by abusing stupidity of gamers (kudos to him, smart fellow), you really can't expect public ratings to have any merit.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 05:11:22 pm »
Steam reviews seem to be somewhat the most accurate and often times they literally affect the games sale. Its kinda psychological even. I mean if next to the "add to cart" button there's the overall review rating of "its shit", you'd make damn sure to triple check first if you really wanna buy it.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 09:06:54 pm »
[...]
Nvidia recommends maxing all out basically, and i have nearly everything on low. Thats odd.
Read a lot of people who are playing high/veryhigh because the fps lag is way less on higher settings, meaning you get a stable 45-50 instead of a wonky 32-65.
Seems to semi-fix the fps lag if that is your issue.

With the AMD beta drivers, mine is running fine now but I have in no way expectations of 60fps nor do I need those to have a satisfactory time with a game. On my R270x I run it with everything high somewhere between 40-50. Good enough for me.
Only thing I need to do now is to turn on the frame limiter in the driver settings because there is a point during the "logging in" screen where the card is pushing 2k fps and the card starts whistling... don't like that, don't want that.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 10:04:56 pm »
Seems to me only hipsters rate games on steam. In general, public game rating isn't much better than critic ratings. In a world where Pewdiepie makes millions of dollars by abusing stupidity of gamers (kudos to him, smart fellow), you really can't expect public ratings to have any merit.

I think Steam reviews are pretty legit. Just my opinion, but the games that I played had pretty appropriate scores to what I tested.