Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 98042 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2016, 10:46:20 am »
Btw, anyone tried out the ultra greatswords? I feel like they don't do significantly more damage than the lighter/smaller swords and considering the stamina cost on them, I wonder if they're even worth it (for PvE). The only advantage might be the huge swings for AoE and poise breaking on enemies with higher poise.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:17:08 am by Vibe »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #406 on: April 14, 2016, 11:25:25 am »
+1
Few words from a sceptic:

I actually do enjoy it. I hated Dark Souls 1 cuz for me a huge part of the difficulty was the horrible control/movement/animations of the game.
Dark Souls 3 actually confirms this for me. Way smoother in everything, the speed up in game play works wonders too!

I enjoy.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #407 on: April 14, 2016, 12:21:03 pm »
Btw, anyone tried out the ultra greatswords? I feel like they don't do significantly more damage than the lighter/smaller swords and considering the stamina cost on them, I wonder if they're even worth it (for PvE). The only advantage might be the huge swings for AoE and poise breaking on enemies with higher poise.

I feel like you want to mix it up with multiple weapons, except for katana my old friends, that weapon has it all. But with spears, enclosed areas fuck me over, so having a shorter weapon would be super useful. Same with with ultra greatswords, they probably fuck bigger enemies up in spaceous areas, but then have something like a warpick for close quarters.

Also anyone with any magic experience? Supposedly its bad now.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2016, 12:33:18 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Also, absolutely love that the armor sets have much more cloth added to them in Dark Souls 3 compared to previous versions. Fallen Knight set is fucking orgasmic.

Yeah I also like the set with the fur that you get in the Cathedral (forgotten what it's called). Perfect for roll play in the icey area soon after  :D

One of my major gripes so far. I can get 2 - 3 swings out of them. The battle axe I can get 5-6. Yes it deals less damage but not having your stamina decimated is worth it. The UGS are just too demanding on the stamina, much more so than previous games. I'm going to aim to get my endurance up to 40 or so and see if it makes a difference.

Also loving the new infusions. Heavy infusion on the battle axe is simply awesome. Well worth going that route rather than an elemental route. Haven't tried the sharp one yet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:37:11 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2016, 02:28:06 pm »
ah gravoth I already spoiled myself, I had to know why I was doing no dmg to that boss so I google it; still haven't found what I need for it yet tho.

Yeah tbh I beat rotted greatwood twice without shield now, I really dont think is a hard boss at all once you know where to hit it, its attacks are very easy to dodge and big gaps between them.

Now this
(click to show/hide)
boss: I am sunbroing it to get the embers so try and solo it but... even 3v1 we are losing half the time. this is a hard fucking boss.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:31:03 pm by Banok »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2016, 03:14:34 pm »
Yeah I'm sure there's plenty of hidden alternate route options that may appear that haven't been discovered yet. That's usually the nature of souls games.

Will be looking forward to when the wiki ect does come about so I can explore them a bit more.

Maybe in my second play through I'll try doing things differently somehow.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2016, 03:15:33 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm worried that I'm missing cool areas and items even though I'm very thorough when it comes to exploring areas.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2016, 03:23:21 pm »
ssrsly tho half the time I walk in the boss room, fail to dodge his combos and die before even landing a single attack.

I broke and tried shield and its a doddle x10 easier. its attacks kill me in as little as 2 hits, and are often on dodgeable and yet I can block most and barely lose any stamina, so From has clearly designed this boss to be shielded.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:29:37 pm by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2016, 03:25:57 pm »
ssrsly tho half the time I walk in the boss room, fail to dodge his combos and die before even landing a single attack.

I broke and tried shield and its a doddle.

One way to 'cheat' that is to practice as a phantom first

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2016, 03:30:27 pm »
One way to 'cheat' that is to practice as a phantom first

I did lol:

Now this
(click to show/hide)
boss: I am sunbroing it to get the embers so try and solo it but... even 3v1 we are losing half the time. this is a hard fucking boss.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2016, 03:33:16 pm »
Well, not at that boss yet, but I can give you the best advice ever - don't look up shit on it. I did this for one boss in DS1 (sue me) and I regret it till this day. The kill was unsatisfying.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »
'Dark Souls how to kill Pinwheel' in google

please -1 me

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 14, 2016, 04:04:05 pm »
Well, not at that boss yet, but I can give you the best advice ever - don't look up shit on it. I did this for one boss in DS1 (sue me) and I regret it till this day. The kill was unsatisfying.

Yeah I looked up how to kill the dragon on the bridge and felt cheap for it even if it is weirdly complicated in the first place. Working out your own strats is the best part even if you die 1000 times. The satisfaction is so worth it.

Not to mention half the guides tell you thing you already know anyway. They are designed to be predictable to an extent but hard to master.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #418 on: April 14, 2016, 04:19:16 pm »
One thing I looked up was, how to join the puprple covenant. Turns out I was already there, but jumped down to the guy in the cage instead to the one that has it on his back.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2016, 04:53:50 pm »
My biggest issue atm is actually leveling.
Since I lack any experience from the earlier titles, I have a hard time predicting which stats I should and should not raise. From the ones that seem generally important for the Warrior class that is. Not gonna do Faith or Intelligence obviously... but the others... for example vitality seems to be important for later on to be able to wear heavy armor but to which extend, no idea.
Guides are hardly helping cuz they explain the purpose of the stats but don't go into builds really...

Atm it feels to me that I am randomly raising endurance, vigor, strength and vitality...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.