Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 88119 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2016, 09:59:30 pm »
I would say that even though in pretty much all the games of the series a majority of the content was either technically skippable or doable in any order (for Demon's Souls mostly), for a casual player that only has limited implications. Typically there are never more than two or three areas where it's sensible to go.

As for the places where you can go immediately after finishing the tutorial, it's a matter of debate. In Dark Souls you could go to a lot of different places vastly too difficult for a new character if you chose the master key as gift. In Dark Souls 2 you can only really do either Giant or Dragonslayer at the beginning (and also go to the depths, granted). In Demon's souls if you count 1-1 as tutorial (even though it isn't), you can go in five directions and all five are doable. In Bloodborne you need to defeat Gascoigne first in order to go anywhere, and unlike Phalanx he's pretty damn far into the zone and clearly not the easiest boss if you have the appropriate level.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 13, 2016, 10:00:00 pm »
I agree it feels very linear. If its means anything though the mid-game starts forking 2 to 3 paths, so there are some choices. But yes, in comparison its still very linear. But then there's also worth mentioning how incredibly big the areas are, im not much of an explorer for the most part, but i always feel like theres an overwhelming amount of paths everywhere, so i miss out on a ton of stuff constantly.

Yeah this is also true, while area to area transitioning is pretty linear, I feel like the areas themselves are pretty huge and you can take different paths around an area.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2016, 10:01:08 pm »
Yeah this is also true, while area to area transitioning is pretty linear, I feel like the areas themselves are pretty huge and you can take different paths around an area.
To me, it feels that every level has a lot of different areas in it. It's because of the vertical level design that makes different areas cramped right next to each other, yet you can still get lost
Loving the game so far but is anyone else having problems with actions being queued up? Sometimes if I spam a action, then attack I usually spam the button and it will attack twice even though I go back to rolling mid-way through the first attack.

I've never noticed this in any other of the Souls games. Its kinda annoying.

What I don't like particularly about that, is when you are out of stamina and try rolling, but can't, so you use the stamina that's regen'd just after the button mash to block and then your character rolls like a second later on his own.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:08:30 pm by Golem »
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »
Srsly guys, can any of you honestly beat that tree boss alone, solo, without using a 100% physical res shield?... I do like 100 dmg per hit, and it just seems impossible to finish alone... On my second char - Mage, we were 4 people, and I was last man standing when it finally died. I used that chicken claw to summon an extra guy :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #394 on: April 13, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »
Srsly guys, can any of you honestly beat that tree boss alone, solo, without using a 100% physical res shield?... I do like 100 dmg per hit, and it just seems impossible to finish alone... On my second char - Mage, we were 4 people, and I was last man standing when it finally died. I used that chicken claw to summon an extra guy :)

He's pretty damn easy tbh. If youve played resident evil you will know what needs to be done.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2016, 10:57:59 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Also, absolutely love that the armor sets have much more cloth added to them in Dark Souls 3 compared to previous versions. Fallen Knight set is fucking orgasmic.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:02:58 pm by Vibe »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #396 on: April 13, 2016, 11:48:51 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Also, absolutely love that the armor sets have much more cloth added to them in Dark Souls 3 compared to previous versions. Fallen Knight set is fucking orgasmic.

(click to show/hide)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2016, 12:05:41 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2016, 12:49:47 am »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2016, 12:59:28 am »
(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2016, 01:00:03 am »
+4
why does this fucking catedral have no bonfires

edit: finally, jesus christ
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:07:00 am by Vibe »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2016, 05:10:16 am »
Gravoth did you mean that boss in your spoilertag is the easiest boss? cause Ive had 1 go so far, hit him 10 times and health is still at 99% ... I hope I dont have to respec for this shit

Loving the game so far but is anyone else having problems with actions being queued up? Sometimes if I spam a action, then attack I usually spam the button and it will attack twice even though I go back to rolling mid-way through the first attack.

I've never noticed this in any other of the Souls games. Its kinda annoying.

I have this queing thing. dunno if its a bug or something they designed in for dumb reasons.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 14, 2016, 05:34:02 am »
The issue I have sometimes is that one of my directions of movement gets stuck and my character keeps moving in that direction on his own until I press the corresponding key again.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2016, 08:28:08 am »
The issue I have sometimes is that one of my directions of movement gets stuck and my character keeps moving in that direction on his own until I press the corresponding key again.

Same thing, happens quite often to be honest. Luckily easy to (temporarily) fix.

Oh I also had the issue when I helped someone as a sunbro and the boss just disappeared when it was at about 35% :lol:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:31:37 am by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2016, 10:10:26 am »
Gravoth did you mean that boss in your spoilertag is the easiest boss? cause Ive had 1 go so far, hit him 10 times and health is still at 99% ... I hope I dont have to respec for this shit

Yup, easy peasy.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:22:47 am by Gravoth_iii »