Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 91485 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #690 on: November 13, 2015, 07:04:39 pm »
I've only built sanctuary up a wee bit, big ass wall with a load of turrets.

Hangmans Alley in the middle of Boston is where shit is happeneing, constant raids, loads of turrets and buildings plus Brotherhood flying around getting blown to shit by mutants and raiders...ah its so peaceful downtown!
Da fuck? I havent had a single attack in the entire game. What am I doing wrong. Not enough swagger or what?

...meet Dogemeat! :lol:

I went for solo perks. Screw dogemeat. In more than atleast 3 occasions I was pinned down in a corridor firefight and the enemies kept chucking nades and molotovs at me and when I tried to run away, he decided that it was a perfect time to stay sideways in my way so that I would get my legs blown off. Such explosions. many quickloads. wow....

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #691 on: November 13, 2015, 07:05:41 pm »
Oooh If I think I know what it is then  picked up the magazine that goes with it haha

I found something in a cave after it had left marks of blood everywhere  :arrow:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #692 on: November 13, 2015, 07:06:15 pm »
How do you get rid of him. If I tell him to stay, any time I fast travel, he appears with me.

About the only time I've found him usefull is when I have to much gear.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 13, 2015, 07:07:11 pm »
How do you get rid of him. If I tell him to stay, any time I fast travel, he appears with me.

About the only time I've found him usefull is when I have to much gear.

You can tell him to stay or dismiss him so he travels back to his original space or you can decide.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #694 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:53 pm »
+1
Can someone say what does this "building" part of the game actually means, story-wise and gameplay-wise? (w/o spoiling, if possible)
Also, some pointed out that there was less "choices" (evilest-neutral-goodest, in a fallout way) in the narrative, does this actually is a bad thing, or is it supported by excellent story, or other. Or maybe is it not true at all?

Basically, I'm on the breach about downlo... buying this game. And since I've played Fallout 3 a bit, I mostly need to know if its still as good, or better, and whats new?

To be honest, the building thing does not look like it does anything useful. It was probably a half-assed idea that never matured to a meaningful concept. But hey, as you can see some people are having fun with it. Think of it as a minigame itself. Just a timekiller.

Dialogue choices are terrible. You have a dialogue wheel of 4 options and they aren't even full texts. Mostly 4 options named with one single word. You don't even know what option will exactly lead you to. So far, I have always gone for the absolutely safest-looking choice. I couldn't risk getting locked out of an NPC because of some random dialogue option.

As for whether it is bad or not, yes it is. All previous Fallouts, especially the original 2D ones gave you plenty of dialogue options depending on your stats (INT) and perks (speech-related). Dialogues could lead you to many unexpected and surprising consequences. Now it seems to be hollowed out. In F4, you  just occasionally see that one of your options is colored differently. You can pick it and hope that it leads to "convincing" an NPC.

In the end, you might still like it. Looks like I am one of the very few people who were disappointed by it.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 13, 2015, 07:26:30 pm »
For me the game is an improvement over F3 and NW in many ways, just the dialogue and skill progression is really bad. One thing that I think is pretty cool "immersion" wise is that Brotherhood of Steel will often send out helicopters with troops to attack Super Mutant camps, and for once raiders actually occupy a large portion of the areas around the cities, not just some random raiders in an abandoned house located miles from other settlements. Wish there were more trading caravans, I have yet to see no traveling caravans, just the occasional trader and dogseller.

Weapons also doesn't appear unless you're holding them, gotta wait for a mod that actually displays the weapon on the back or the hip. And darker nights. I also wonder if you at some point can become a Super Mutant yourself or if the mutant armor you pick up is designed for a potential follower. Also, the default keys are horrible, no idea why they decided to change the control layout from the other games, had to remap and some of the keys I wanted to change wasn't even displayed in the control options.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #696 on: November 13, 2015, 07:29:56 pm »
Talking about weapons, has anyone gotten the glitch where your weapon disappears even though you're still holding it? I can see it again if I go to third person then back to first so its not a huge problem but it has happened more than once.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #697 on: November 13, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »
I also wonder if you at some point can become a Super Mutant yourself or if the mutant armor you pick up is designed for a potential follower. Also, the default keys are horrible, no idea why they decided to change the control layout from the other games, had to remap and some of the keys I wanted to change wasn't even displayed in the control options.

Turning into a super mutant would be super cool. But I think the mutant gear is for you to wear. I have been using the super mutant girdle at least.

Talking about weapons, has anyone gotten the glitch where your weapon disappears even though you're still holding it? I can see it again if I go to third person then back to first so its not a huge problem but it has happened more than once.

Yeah happens a lot. Also you sometimes briefly freeze when you switch from 1st person to 3rd person view.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #698 on: November 13, 2015, 07:34:57 pm »
Are you refering to holstering your weapon by holding R?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #699 on: November 13, 2015, 07:45:31 pm »
I went for solo perks. Screw dogemeat. In more than atleast 3 occasions I was pinned down in a corridor firefight and the enemies kept chucking nades and molotovs at me and when I tried to run away, he decided that it was a perfect time to stay sideways in my way so that I would get my legs blown off. Such explosions. many quickloads. wow....

I love him, perfect for ranged play. He has saved me a bunch of times by pinning down enemies or distracting them, plus I don't need to worry if he dies so I can molotov the battlefield indiscriminately
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 13, 2015, 07:57:29 pm »
Pretty sure the super mutant armor is for the super mutant follower you can meet, called 'Strong'.

On my first character I'm running with Nick Valentine, a private investigator synth. He's a pretty interesting companion, great at opening locks and hacking terminals. My BoS character's companion is Paladin Danse, standard BoS fanatic and a pretty tough fighter. Goes toe to toe with a behemoth no problem but always moralizing when I do psycho. It's great to see btw. the BoS returning from the stray path Lyons put them on, again embracing the creed from the original California chapters.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:11:05 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #701 on: November 13, 2015, 08:28:36 pm »
+1
Are you refering to holstering your weapon by holding R?

No there's a bug where weapons just disappear and are unusable. This usually happens to me when switching weapons and I found you could fix it by spamming shot or aim for 2 seconds then the weapon finally appears. But it's happened to me just standing about or unholstering the weapon. It can be quite annoying in the middle of a fire fight when I change out my sniper.

But other than that I've been enjoying the game a lot. I chose a stealth sniper character that is shoots from far away or gets in close range with pistols and my double barrel. I spend most my time wandering the alleys of Boston or the Forest areas in the Northeast and I've been finding a lot of interesting things. In this thread I've been reading that people feel like they are being pushed towards the story, but I really haven't felt this at all. I've spent most my time exploring random parts of the maps and have found opponents easy and difficult. Of course I'm playing on normal difficulty with a character that usually picks foes off at a safe distance. That being said I've been able to face most opponents head on if I play it carefully while wearing no armour. Most the sidequests I find are obviously randomly generated kill spots, but I've also found a few that were obviously unique and enjoyable. The Brotherhood and Minutemen questlines are also really interesting so far. That being said there are enemies where I know I can't close in or I would die or enemies I just don't want to touch in general. These enemies I either return to with heavy artillery or just avoid.

So far I am in love with the world they created and the custom weapon system. Although the new dialogue system and being unable to see red dots out of combat really take away from my fun. But all in all it's still a great game imo even with its many flaws. We'll just have to wait until mods come out to fix dialogue and other stuff. Besides I never played fallout games because they were rpgs, I played them for the adventure element and story so even though they removed skills, I think it still upholds to the core concepts of fallout... other than the dialogue, that is just awful.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »
There is also a bug where you teleport back to one of your previous location when you used vats or enter or leave firstperson. Has fucked me up a bunch of times where I went into VATS and suddenly teleported a few meters back.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 13, 2015, 08:59:26 pm »
Holy crap this really is more like Skyrim the more I play it. As I recall, in the previous Fallouts, you always had only one faction to side with and that was based on your main quest choices. There was no 100 different joining rituals for many different groups. Now it appears it does the TES guild thing, where you are doing jobs for multiple groups, while also progressing the main quest on the side. Its actually kinda enjoyable.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #704 on: November 13, 2015, 09:33:24 pm »
that feeling when everyone complaining about something or encountering some bugs while i never had a single problem so far ( should make a meme out of this )
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.