Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 91509 times)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #615 on: November 11, 2015, 07:53:52 pm »
So I enter this place called Mayoral Shelter. The place is deserted. There is obviously no life or occupancy going on in there. All signs hint that. Inside are some ceiling turrets. Understandable. Long-lasting defense measures etc. They fire cryo cells, which I stand absolutely no chance against. So I cower behind walls while my robot companion takes care of them. I delve deeper. Still no signs of occupancy.

I find a Fat Man in a very narrow cavern passage that is tied to the shelter. I snatch it, turn back and guess what? Fucking deathclaw appears behind me. Obviously Bethesda never got sick of their own retarded joke while making this game.

I reset my frustration and load a save which was just before entering that passage. I decide that I should go back, as all manners of exploration end up getting you punished. Following my trail carefully, I see the same shit happening once again. The entire place on my way back is now full of synths. For those who haven't yet heard of them (this is not really a spoiler), they are basically tough androids all equipped with cryo guns. I stomach even that, thinking to myself: "Probably they didn't do this with the upper entrance level. Maybe I can make a quick dash and head out from there." Boy was I fucking wrong.

Of course the entrance level is full of synths now as well. In between several deaths and reloads, I finally make it out and immediately fast travel to the sanctuary.

In the end, I shut this retarded game down and just feel glad I didn't follow the hype and spend so much money for buying it.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #616 on: November 11, 2015, 08:05:01 pm »
They've gone more Farcry than Fallout as I keep playing it. It's still fun but not at all what I was expecting.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #617 on: November 11, 2015, 08:05:28 pm »
I love it. Doing the whole sneak/high crit thing I've always done in every Fallout and it's just perfect. It's still very much like Fallout 3/New Vegas but it's just better in almost every single aspect, which is exactly how I want a sequel to be.

to anybody that doesn't know if you go to your old house after the war and in your sons room there is the special book under the cabinet, you can pick a special trait for free if you activate it.
There's also a cellar at the back of one of the houses in the protagonist hometown where you can find gold bars and some other useful stuff. Haven't actually found out what you can do with gold but I guess it's worth having it...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #618 on: November 11, 2015, 08:06:58 pm »
(click to show/hide)

That sure sound.. terrible. I can somewhat see what they were trying to do, but i cant really see the reason why they would try to do it.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 11, 2015, 08:08:30 pm »
That sure sound.. terrible. I can somewhat see what they were trying to do, but i cant really see the reason why they would try to do it.

As I said over and over again, I'd be totally fine with it if this "appearing out of thin air" thing was something that occasionally happened for dramatic effect. But no, they were somehow stupid enough to think it was cool to do it all the damn time.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #620 on: November 11, 2015, 08:12:35 pm »
+1
As I said over and over again, I'd be totally fine with it if this "appearing out of thin air" thing was something that occasionally happened for dramatic effect. But no, they were somehow stupid enough to think it was cool to do it all the damn time.

Its just like the chatwheel thing, it seems like they forced in some changes just to make it sort of different to the previous games, overlooking whether its a good change or not.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #621 on: November 11, 2015, 09:08:48 pm »
So I enter this place called Mayoral Shelter. The place is deserted. There is obviously no life or occupancy going on in there. All signs hint that. Inside are some ceiling turrets. Understandable. Long-lasting defense measures etc. They fire cryo cells, which I stand absolutely no chance against. So I cower behind walls while my robot companion takes care of them. I delve deeper. Still no signs of occupancy.

I find a Fat Man in a very narrow cavern passage that is tied to the shelter. I snatch it, turn back and guess what? Fucking deathclaw appears behind me. Obviously Bethesda never got sick of their own retarded joke while making this game.

I reset my frustration and load a save which was just before entering that passage. I decide that I should go back, as all manners of exploration end up getting you punished. Following my trail carefully, I see the same shit happening once again. The entire place on my way back is now full of synths. For those who haven't yet heard of them (this is not really a spoiler), they are basically tough androids all equipped with cryo guns. I stomach even that, thinking to myself: "Probably they didn't do this with the upper entrance level. Maybe I can make a quick dash and head out from there." Boy was I fucking wrong.

Of course the entrance level is full of synths now as well. In between several deaths and reloads, I finally make it out and immediately fast travel to the sanctuary.

In the end, I shut this retarded game down and just feel glad I didn't follow the hype and spend so much money for buying it.

mad cuz bad, l2shoot fgt

to anybody that doesn't know if you go to your old house after the war and in your sons room there is the special book under the cabinet, you can pick a special trait for free if you activate it.

good to know, thanks

Is there a point to all the defensive measures? Does your base actually get attacked by sizeable threats, or is it mostly aesthetics to have a well fortified base?

yes, everything from radscorps to raiders to supermutants will attack in force, you can even set up trade routes/caravans between multiple settlements you built.

They've gone more Farcry than Fallout as I keep playing it. It's still fun but not at all what I was expecting.

This, seems like the 2 things youll be doing in this game, killing and building. the days of the ol' fallout RPG are gone. they purposely left the wasteland barren and empty, encouraging you to populate it with your own settlements
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #622 on: November 11, 2015, 09:12:40 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Why use the Power Armour anyway? Besides, I like that those Fusion Cores are rare. Still keeps using PA a special thing to do.
Running around all the time in PA is probably kinda game breaking...

I have been using that preset myself, it does look a lot better most of the time although sometimes it can look very "red".
I don't use the power armour at all, after I first used the T45 power armour, I took all the armour pieces off of it and just left it near Sanctuary and sold all the armour pieces. I don't really intend on ever using it right now, Fusion Cores are rare to find and expensive from Traders so I will probably wait until I can get a better suit and even then only use it for real tough locations, if at all.

I got this rifle from a Legendary Super Mutant and upgraded it, the large magazine gives it 10 shots before having to reload ( and even though it states inferior reload speed, its not really that slow at all ), I chose a reflex sight so it's easy to use at closer ranges and in manic firefights, it hits hard and because of its "Unique" bonuses it absolutely reks things in VATS. Next I am going to upgrade my Laser Rifle ( the Righteous Authority from Danse ) now I have the Science perk.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:38:20 pm by Leesin »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #623 on: November 11, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »
when i finish it ima post a pic of my dog penis red rocket gas station fort, havent even started building sanctuary for the survivors yet, gotta get my personal palace in order first.

also post pics of your settlements
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 11, 2015, 09:51:19 pm »
Fallout 4 is more demanding on my system than even The Witcher 3, at least on higher settings (I have a friend who plays F4 on medium but who wasn't able to play Witcher). I ran a stable 60fps on ultra settings (auto detected by the game, I only set AA to FXAA) right until I came to inner-city Boston (or the central urban area east of Diamond City). Here it jumps at numbers between 40 and 60fps, especially during rainy nights, making microstutter that not even Novigrad would. Only way to avoid these instances is to go all the way down to medium settings, it seems, which is unfortunate as the problem is only in certain specific areas. Or hope it gets optimized at some point.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:00:17 pm by Angantyr »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 11, 2015, 09:56:48 pm »

Been to the same place.

It's a trigger event, those ';synths' are after the fusion core that is in or next to the room near the passage with the deathclaw. The entire point of them appearing is to kill you in order to gain 'pre-war tech' to me it made perfect sense, wasn't that hard to escape either. Lured the synths and the dethclaw together then simply tidied up, the 'dramatic effect' you're looking for is the fact the synths are there to get the core to help them in someway (not sure yet, just been exploring), therefore they are a scavenging party. Just a simple event that you trigger, you can explore the entire area (minus the fusion core room) without setting off the event.

In other news any of you guys killed this thing yet (possible spoiler, don't think it is as it's just a big fuck), this is the only time ive gone back to get my power armour cos this guy is a bastard.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #626 on: November 11, 2015, 10:17:23 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 11, 2015, 10:22:25 pm »
+1
Fallout 4 is more demanding on my system than even The Witcher 3, at least on higher settings (I have a friend who plays F4 on medium but who wasn't able to play Witcher). I ran a stable 60fps on ultra settings (auto detected by the game, I only set AA to FXAA) right until I came to inner-city Boston (or the central urban area east of Diamond City). Here it jumps at numbers between 40 and 60fps, especially during rainy nights, making microstutter that not even Novigrad would. Only way to avoid these instances is to go all the way down to medium settings, it seems, which is unfortunate as the problem is only in certain specific areas. Or hope it gets optimized at some point.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdyu7/the_old_ini_tweaks_still_work/
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 11, 2015, 10:28:54 pm »
Angantyr: Take a look at this post and try the unlock framerate thingy. Although you may be running at 60 fps right off the bat, the game obviously has some issues with that. It actually offered a lot of improvement for me.

Cmyro: Still doesn't make it sound any better for me. The way it is, this game feels a lot more like Resident Evil than Fallout.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 11, 2015, 11:39:08 pm »
Edit:
Oh my god :lol:

This shit again.

Yep. Can't recommend trying to lockpick at 700ish FPS (lol).