Author Topic: HCE should have cancelled the battle against the Berzserks  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
+1
Truth is, I don't know if there is still time to cancel... but... it should be.

1) I don't know how experienced the 'Zerks are, but clearly, either they need to knock the rust off, or they are somewhat new to battle mechanics.  Kelredan castle was disastrous.  An attacker should never be gear bugged.  Chalk that up as a learning experience.  Still, they lost their army, and all the gear... that will take time to rebuild.

2)  Chide is their only fief.  Day after day, i read complaints that there aren't enough battles, or people for that matter...  so what are you doing?  Setting them back even further.  Now, either they will become nomadic, and may rebuild... or they just might quit.  Do we really need less people generating troops/engaging in battles?  And now the time from their original loss has just been doubled, if not tripled before they can mount anything. 

3)  HCE likes to have a set of 'gentleman's rules' in place.  No raiding, no bad battle times, etc... and yet, the moment someone comes along and pokes them in the eye, they immediately move to steam roll.  Sorry, but you guys get the hypocrite award for the year.  And yes, I say year, because the map should have been reset in 2014, and all the transgressions from 2014 are dated at this point. 

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
Re: HCE should have cancelled the battle against the Berzserks
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 08:03:47 pm »
+3
So we shouldn't have attacked someone who attacked us first? They had time to build up and by attacking they showed they were willing for a war. I don't know how it can be our fault for responding to them attacking us first. Feel free to point out anything you feel I said wrong I want to see your point of view on this. Not a fight just a debate  :P

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 08:10:22 pm »
So we shouldn't have attacked someone who attacked us first? They had time to build up and by attacking they showed they were willing for a war. I don't know how it can be our fault for responding to them attacking us first. Feel free to point out anything you feel I said wrong I want to see your point of view on this. Not a fight just a debate  :P

I mean I feel as if the whole "they attacked so they were ready for war" argument is tantamount to the "She was wearing those clothes, so she was just asking to be raped" argument. Yeah, Berserks raided, and you responded in a fashion which you felt as appropriate, but stop and think for a moment; was it really appropriate?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 08:34:16 pm »
+1

It's pretty simple.  There's no reason to wipe any faction off the map at this point.  If you haven't gotten my point of view based off the points I made, then no matter how often I post about it, you won't get it. 

Offline Delson

• Earl
  • Renown: 418
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • NA or Any?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Delson
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:41:06 pm »
+2
I mean I feel as if the whole "they attacked so they were ready for war" argument is tantamount to the "She was wearing those clothes, so she was just asking to be raped" argument. Yeah, Berserks raided, and you responded in a fashion which you felt as appropriate, but stop and think for a moment; was it really appropriate?

.....yes? Also not sure what the rape thing is about as it is a very poor analogy. A better one is: If someone pokes you in the eye so you hit them in the face.

It's pretty simple.  There's no reason to wipe any faction off the map at this point.  If you haven't gotten my point of view based off the points I made, then no matter how often I post about it, you won't get it.

If you're a small faction they why attack a big one suddenly?

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 08:42:58 pm »
.....yes? Also not sure what the rape thing is about as it is a very poor analogy. A better one is: If someone pokes you in the eye so you hit them in the face.

Eh its the first one that came to mind, I thought it was suiting. A poor analogy would've been: its like taking candy from a slightly retarded baby. I guess its all about perspective.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:48:47 pm by Sharpe »

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 08:45:39 pm »
+6
god im glad i grew sick of na and quit. and i prob shouldnt post this,,,i should never post at lunch or b4 i smoke...

but theres a number of things to be pointed out for those that dont know. and for those that dont know my own opinions of lumetta and the berzerk clan...this outta be a good read. i mean, voncrow, instead of saying "no thx" when you invited me to berzerks, i should have typed the reason, i should have typed that lumetta is a huge douchebag, and that berzerk clan, will never, EVER, last.

HCE is NOT taking over the world, brygg little anti acre clan grew into a massive\impressive empire which LL broke off from and pushed acre out of the north.

the starks entire collection of fiefs, was won the exact same way i took godwins castle from him ( well, not exactly, i actually had to fight )...everyone bitched at me for attacking afk's, but now that At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square., starks and the other clans that still play, are part of the "cool kids club" and are beyond doing wrong?
this is not to say imo they are the strongest empire to grace CRPG, far from it. like rodents and dinosaurs, they simply waited out greater creatures extinction and emerged ruler of the scraps far greater clans left behind ( shots fired )

now that HCE is big and strong, they are able to dictate terms rather then beg for them, and have thus turned into a "do as i say, not as i do" faction, which most mega factions become.

balicker thinks everytime someone loses badly,,,its unfair...possibly a symptom of being part of a shit clan that rarely does anything other then defend their one castle they've managed to seize. your the guy who once made a post begging other clans to give you free shit and let you practice your catapulting on them, while they sit there and die...you know, so you wouldnt be so shitty next time you fought...obviously no one offered to do this.

i dont feel a pinch of sympathy for lumetta, yall must have bad memories or some shit, i see happening exactly what i expected to see happen. i feel bad for voncrow, who at least earned all the gear and troops lumetta used him for, and ultimately lost.

i know i know, lumetta is a chilled guy in ts. he's also one of thee biggest trolls, \ douchbags in the entire game. he aint even berzerk, running away from every solid fight, only to come back and 1-shot people in cloth screaming "GF GF"...the guy is a douchebag, fuck em.

i talk shit with HCE when they talk shit back with me, but they arnt out to ruin my fun and im not out to ruin theirs. the shit talking between myself and Joan enhances the game, it doesnt ruin it for me, and it doesnt ruin it for him

lumetta is a troll, who used poor voncrow, and tried attacking the same people he always attacks, those deemed to be weakest.
nah, no remorse or sympathy for lumetta, the guy is a troll who constantly goes out of his way to ruin other peoples fun

so for once im happy to see HCE on the offensive and even happier about the people they are attacking. Technically HCE is counter attacking, and im glad but ultimately not surprised about the outcome.

u guys really dont rememeber \ see a pattern here? the berzerks arnt meant to last, they never have, never will, they come back every now and then, until they get wiped \ bored of trolling.

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 08:52:28 pm »
+3
Eh its the first one that came to mind, I thought it was suiting. A poor analogy would've been: its like taking candy from a slightly retarded baby. I guess its all about perception.

sharpe...ugly girl with shit cloths goes to bad area looking for danger and excitement...dull night

pretty girl with hot clothes? better no better then to go looking for troble in the wrong place.

you could get raped anywhere if you are attractive...even if you are unattacractive...its just less likely.
and if your in a crowded place...it could still happen, and does all the time.

if your attractive in a bad place AND its not crowded...ITS GOING to happen...this is not blaming the victim...they are a victim of their own stupidity. and should blame themself. of course there are extreme cases where my examples dont mean shit,,,so to sum it all up

if i park my shitty fucking Volvo in a ghetto...im not sure if someone will try to steal it...but i bet they would try if they got the chance
IF I BRING MY MERCEDES TO THE GHETTO...THAT CAR IS GETTING JACKED...DONT BRING UR MERCEDES TO A FUCKING GHETTO.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 08:54:42 pm »
sharpe...ugly girl with shit cloths goes to bad area looking for danger and excitement...dull night

pretty girl with hot clothes? better no better then to go looking for troble in the wrong place.

you could get raped anywhere if you are attractive...even if you are unattacractive...its just less likely.
and if your in a crowded place...it could still happen, and does all the time.

if your attractive in a bad place AND its not crowded...ITS GOING to happen...this is not blaming the victim...they are a victim of their own stupidity. and should blame themself. of course there are extreme cases where my examples dont mean shit,,,so to sum it all up

if i park my shitty fucking Volvo in a ghetto...im not sure if someone will try to steal it...but i bet they would try if they got the chance
IF I BRING MY MERCEDES TO THE GHETTO...THAT CAR IS GETTING JACKED...DONT BRING UR MERCEDES TO A FUCKING GHETTO.

Thank you for teaching me life lessons Plumbo.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 10:22:59 pm »
+6
Fuck I think I agreed with plumbo.  :shock:

Also anyone upset with HCE standard operating procedure can:

File a complaint with the Senate.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:29:31 pm by njames89 »

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 11:07:43 pm »
+1
Thank you for teaching me life lessons Plumbo.

Plumbo posted?

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 11:23:20 pm »
+2
Plumbo posted?

Plumbo always posts... in my heart....

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 12:01:45 am »

File a complaint with the Senate.

(click to show/hide)

Remember your complaint must be filed in triplicate. Otherwise, you'll have to fill form EZ-07, which also must be filed in triplicate. This form allows you to file a non triplicated complaint.

Offline Doom_Carrot

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Empire of Palagor
  • Game nicks: Doom_Carrot
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 03:37:04 am »
+1
I literally JUST posted a topic about chadzia being too powerful. Glad to know I'm not the only one kinda scared that almost half the fiefs are grey.

No, really, I don't think world superpowers are good when you guys are having issues with losing players/not getting new ones. The old ones eventually just give up and quit when a faction takes over their land, and new players like me get super intimmidated when they see just how mega-wildly-super-powerful and organized some factions are. Its like join them or die... Or make another large faction like beserks but you'll still die. It really leaves no room for others wanting to start new factions.

But oh well, it is what it is. I'll just have to be a nomad and evade the authorities  :lol:
It was fun while it lasted.

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 04:12:03 am »
+3
I literally JUST posted a topic about chadzia being too powerful. Glad to know I'm not the only one kinda scared that almost half the fiefs are grey.

No, really, I don't think world superpowers are good when you guys are having issues with losing players/not getting new ones. The old ones eventually just give up and quit when a faction takes over their land, and new players like me get super intimmidated when they see just how mega-wildly-super-powerful and organized some factions are. Its like join them or die... Or make another large faction like beserks but you'll still die. It really leaves no room for others wanting to start new factions.

But oh well, it is what it is. I'll just have to be a nomad and evade the authorities  :lol:

What do you mean "join them or die"? I actually gave 2 fiefs to the Voncrow so he could have his own faction (Well, the took one by force and I gave the other one to him). So far the only wars HCE has fought were defensive wars. We have no issues with new factions, and we don't want to force any players to join us if they don't want to.