Author Topic: Not a ban thread but have some line with your policy  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
Not a ban thread but have some line with your policy
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:11:09 pm »
+11
http://forum.melee.org/eu-%28official%29/ban-sgtpate/
Long story short. Eques tried to make a fief transfer and Rider was protecting the city. Eques made a poll and Rider created a 84th ban thread for it. Eques got banned and case closed. That's fine.

I wanted to play a strategus battle, applied it and got accepted. First there were me and Hectorian dude. I was totally excited, listened Rocky Training Montage with left headset, right one is broken. Life is full of Eye of the Tiger, takkata takkata takkata takkata pam - pampampam - pampampam - pampampaaaaaaaam.. I got good peasant gear, making decision between pickaxe and practice longsword (2H for nobles!). I chose practice longsword because good reach. First spawn, Hectorian dude is right by my side. I knew i would get a good sidekick, a guy who will look after my back.

Attacker spawned a little later, totally naked dude, no ladders to get on the wall and capture the city. I was bold, doing awesome viewing on the wall, feeling brave. What the damn, Hectorian dude was total panic, I tried to give my motivation speech "calm down, take a deep breath. Attacker is naked, he can't get on the wall, just stay calm and focused". Alas, Hectorian dude quited the server and my trusted sidekick left me. I was all alone, immeadiately a good song came up my mind (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJHvYU_y6xQ)

This brave attacker, even without gear came toward city, asked if there was a gate. I said no. Then he asked if i could come down and fight at least, said "sure". I gave my sword and asked him to kill me, so I could spawn with another sword. We dueled a while and then a miracle happened. Hectorian dude and Danior came. I was saved by the last minute. They seemed to be under dark force because they were asking me to leave. I was doing my best and protected the city, with all my cost! No, they just kept telling me to leave. I knew they were under dark force by Hetman, so I kept protecting Greys' honour.  After a brief moment I faced the most blessed thing what can happen to cRPG players. An admin came!

Hetman is strong, really really strong. He got admin under his control just in few seconds after this admin joined the server. Admin was fast, efficient, aerodynamic and ruthless, after "sup" i was kicked from the server. Damn! The city is without any proctection, open for all attacks! I must fight for Greys' honour and  rejoin the server. I did something horrible and noobiesh mistake. Clicked wrong server to connect :DDD ahahaaha. damn, it takes too long, a second felt like a minute and my leather seat under my ass felt cold. Come on stupid game, faster faster. I finally joined the wrong server, quited and refreshed the server. Daaaaaaaamn, strategus battle was over. I checked the result and something more beautiful than mommy panda giving a kiss to puppies happened, "Your side has protected this town from being captured.". NP Hetman dude, I protected your and all Greys' honour with pleasure, I mere ask humble 20 000e please (http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=marketplacetrade&id=744126)

At this point I want to say. Rider was troll-defending against Eques and for result of all this, Eques players got banned. I was doing troll-defence, and I was kicked out of the server. wtf, keep some line at least how these fief/castle transfers are handeled... You know, there is even an option to give fief owner to someone without battle. And result for all of this, i want no one to be banned because i'm not as pathetic as Rider. Thanks!

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4348
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

- Osa|Kasa|la

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
Re: Not a ban thread but have some line with your policy
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 09:16:55 pm »
+2
Hmmm so when greys want to kick people out of a so called "fief transfer" it is ok but when others want it's ban for them lol. I don't know if crpg is more dead or more corrupt...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:47:14 pm »
Is there anyone else than UIF that plays Strat anyway?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:53:45 pm »
+1

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 10:21:32 pm »
+2
Well in Eques case it was no transfer as Sebb told me afterwards. He told us it was one so we thought this would be legit n'stuff. But Quis wasn't playing anymore and he was on Eques side! He lost 1k troops so sebb decided to take the castle. So: He was inactive and we called it a fief transfer. Don't really think anything else happened in this Sargoth battle :)

Oh and btw. all 4 of us got banned. 2 days (For a mistake). We lost 3 battles by that cuz we had no commander and I couldn't train for our 5 vs 5 tournament battle.

Well and to say something about the c-rpg admins: I tried to talk to Patoson. After my second try to add him on steam and my 7th message on the website he finally answered me, not really explaining anything. He kinda just told me: Get banned and stfu :). My try to talk with Uthyr Pendragon (think that's the wrong spelling) ended by his answer: It's Patosons decission, not mine, Im not allowed to anything there.

GG
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:25:06 pm by BlackxBird »

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 06:02:56 am »
+2
My honour is saved from the endless shame. Mr. Meowzart is man of action gave my reward from the all hard work! My Thanks to you!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 01:12:45 pm »
My honour is saved from the endless shame. Mr. Meowzart is man of action gave my reward from the all hard work! My Thanks to you!

(click to show/hide)
Whatever this thread is about, was is 20k gold payment that fixed everything?

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 02:23:33 pm »
You should be mad at your own clanmate, who lied to you about the "transfer", BlackxBird, not me.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 02:43:16 pm »
My try to talk with Uthyr Pendragon (think that's the wrong spelling) ended by his answer: It's Patosons decission, not mine, Im not allowed to anything there.

Unless admins make a clear error with dealing out bans (for 10 years instead of 10 hours for example), we can't change another admin's decision. Both literally, as they're the only one who can access the ban they've given, and figuratively, to not undermine their position. Of course we discuss some actions with eachother before taking them, but we can't order another admin to do anything.

In this case, 1. Strategus is shit, and 2. Strategus rules are shit and far too gray in too many areas, BUT many people seem to forget that above all rules there is an important one - Common Sense
So yes, in this case, kick is enough, Rider's request was pathethic and more complicated and due to misunderstandings shit happened.

ALSO, you ask admins to follow same guidelines for banning. I can already tell you that won't happen. Admins aren't robots, we're subjective humans and each of us sees different stuff in a different light, and unless something is specificaly against rules, we will probably take different approach to it, as our common sense may dictate.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 02:55:10 pm »
that's what I wanted to say Heskeytime ;) Osakasa's case is the same as the eques case. And gotta say that again: 4 of us got banned :)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 02:56:43 pm »
Then he should write a ban request in the EU(Official) section.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 03:40:32 pm »
+1
can someone make a tl;dr version please?

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 03:41:22 pm »
+1

Well, I've always thought that admins brings more harm than good and instead mitigate conflicts they only foment it. Ban them all and start new life in the land of love and happiness sometimes called Calradia or Greysland  :mrgreen:

OP post 10/10  :D

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 05:30:28 pm »
+2
Hmmm so when greys want to kick people out of a so called "fief transfer" it is ok but when others want it's ban for them lol. I don't know if crpg is more dead or more corrupt...

This is the first time I see you posting in different text color than yellow...
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 07:09:38 pm »
OP was a great read though, 10/10

Forgot to say in my first post

this

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far