Author Topic: The NA Alarm List  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: The NA Alarm List
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 09:54:15 am »
+3
Out of curiosity, is anyone from the old days still playing these days?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:57:38 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2015, 09:58:17 am »

A few, but if we're talking early mid 2011, it's very rare.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 10:26:39 am »
+2

reminints

8-)

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:44 am »
I still play

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 11:39:29 am »

Yea bud.  8-)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:10:04 pm by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2015, 09:40:40 pm »

I played for 20 minutes the other day, but I think my heyday was pretty much when all the really good people quit so I could be only pretty good and still look fly.

Still a fun game. My only problem (strat bugs aside ayyy) with cRPG has been population. I don't dig fighting a maximum of 15-20 people when I remember fighting 4x that regularly.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 12:26:31 am »
+1
Like when you had to wait for someone to leave Na1 so you could join. You'd get like 100v100 or whatever the max server population was.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2015, 01:22:45 am »
+2
Like when you had to wait for someone to leave Na1 so you could join. You'd get like 100v100 or whatever the max server population was.

Yeah, man. I really do miss it dearly. One of my most socially..eh, positive(?) experiences in gaming.

I guess what I mean to say is I miss seeing the same fuckers and jackasses every day in NA1 until it was time for strategus tomfoolery.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2015, 01:35:42 am »
+2
I think there's probably a few hundred cRPG players still gaming everyday but they all have the same opinion of not wanting to play because there's not enough people playing.  If some of them just logged on for a couple of hours a day our population would go back up.

“You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down” - Charlie Chaplin.

c h e l s e a  b o y s

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2015, 01:50:40 am »
I think there's probably a few hundred cRPG players still gaming everyday but they all have the same opinion of not wanting to play because there's not enough people playing.  If some of them just logged on for a couple of hours a day our population would go back up.

“You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down” - Charlie Chaplin.

You're right.

Hell, I'd been saying it long before I quit playing. "People don't play because mawd is ded, and mawd is ded because people don't play"

Thing is, I'm not motivated, committed, or interested enough to populate any servers. And apparently, neither are most people. Playing with as few as 15-30 people is absolutely NO FUN for me. And I don't consider myself important enough to bring too many people back, either.

Essentially, I won't put in the hour or two each day to help build cRPG back up again.

Sucks to be right sometimes, doesn't it? :/

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 01:55:48 am »
+1

nobody plays crpg anymore mod is deceased
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2015, 03:39:50 am »
+2
I first started playing cRPG because a game I used to play that had an amazing yet relatively small gaming community died.  Now it seems to have come full circle and I have yet to find a game that fills all of my needs like cRPG did.  Irony is a bitch and my life is repetition.

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2015, 06:56:03 pm »
+5
I know what you mean.  I got everything I needed from this game; competition and companionship.  Some of you guys I've played with for years...  It's sad to see what brought so many of us together start to fade. 

I love/hate all you guys.  We gave this game a good run.  When this mod is well and truly gone, I'm know I'm going to miss you all.

*group hug?*
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:00:00 pm by gallonigher »

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2015, 08:47:23 pm »
+6
TLDR: old crpg was far better. bring back old crpg, and you'll bring back old crpg players. but its not gonna happen. sad, cuz this could go on and on for a long long time, all those str whores saying m0d is ded back in 2013...that version of crpg could have lasted a long time...current crpg ( wpf, high levels, bad animations, bad balance ) is dying the way it was expected to ( hint hint )

honestly...ive played my fucking face off of this game for 2 yrs...im not even close to having my fill of it...and yet im bored of it. old school crpg, with old wpf, and old levels AND NO MULTI systems...goddamn, id play that shit for life.

Warband is my game, it was made for me, but grew bland, so i came to crpg.

i get that str was op and needed to be dealt with, but it did destroy an entire class, and currently, high lvl patch+wpf patch = very little variety. no real reason to go over 24 str, and very VERY few people anymore go under 18 agi.

crpg has become bland and boring, ...for NA anyway. EU still feels diverse ( there i said it, ya happy gravoth? ) but NA is a dead spam fest tbh.

honestly...if native had strat \ customization...id never come here. and if WOTR didnt die, i would still be playing that.

WOTR was great, i grew bored of native and needed something to fill the whole...Chivarly didnt do it, was a joke, people running around just spamming. so when WotR came out i was blown away, lots of people in heavy armor, it looked and felt like a medieval game.

what happened? trolls. they bitched too much over ridiculous things, WOTR was meant to be a high armor melee game with a HUGE emphasis on timing and precision, over spamming.
trolls bitched about plate ( which is retarded, it was a time period when plate was plentiful ) slowly the game started to die

it went from a amazing medieval game, to your typical north american attempt at a melee game...you know, everyone running around at high speeds in light armor spamming \ running away from every good fight...the poor people in their nerfed expensive plate couldnt compete anymore, they couldnt spam, and they couldnt chase, they started quitting en mass.
if you log on today, WOTR does not resemble a medieval game, most players are not medieval players, but trolls running around with AUTO-bows and spamming peasant pitchforks ( not an exaggeration )

i will still play CRPG, but it did die thee exact way that Wotr did. too many trolls, too few actual players, too much spamming, too much running, too much delaying, not nearly enough medieval combat.

and when i log onto crpg, it doesnt feel like im logging onto a medieval game anymore...it WAS a great medieval atmosphere...now it has the same atmosphere wotr does...no more knights, just a bunch of trolls, mostly in cloth, running around like Usain Bolt, ganking people, and running away from every non-duel fight.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2015, 12:54:20 am »
+4
The reason for the boring meta is skill ceiling.

Looks like it's been reached, by the community as a whole.

We got away with extreme diversity because the average NA c-rpg player could not block and didn't know the (or care about- there was also a sizable, influential minority of role-players) power of teamwork.

All the tricks that players developed over the years have largely been incorporated in the cRPG zeitgeist. That wasn't the case in earlier times, when a new way to use mechanics didn't get immediately adopted by the majority of the population.

I think part of this is because all we have left (exaggeration) in cRPG are the hard core.